Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 12-07-2009, 01:42 PM   #46
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Czech heavy weight Ondrej Pala

According to the news Pala will appear on Airich's undercard on january the 23rd .
This Arena fight event will take place in the German city of Cuxhaven.
Pala's opponent hasnt been announced yet.
Odo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2009, 07:27 PM   #47
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
According to the news Pala will appear on Airich's undercard on january the 23rd .
This Arena fight event will take place in the German city of Cuxhaven.
Pala's opponent hasnt been announced yet.
HE has been on a roll. Awkiwande, Airsch, Mazakin- some decent names there.
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2009, 12:15 PM   #48
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachibatches View Post
HE has been on a roll. Awkiwande, Airsch, Mazakin- some decent names there.
Yep! You hit it on the nose,mate! Pretty decent skalps for a young fellow who is Czech based!

A pity that guys like Airich,Mazikin,and Akinwande are decent fighters,but dont have very recognisable names outside the circle of us "hardcore fans".

Makes your blood boil when comparing Pala's fight record with Kevin Johnson's fight record knowing that Johnson got that shot at Vitaly due and thanks to his American passport.
Damn! That Johnson character went 10 long rounds with Bispo winning a point -I repeat- a point decision over the Brasilian no-hoper.
Amazing,isnt it!
Odo is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2009, 07:32 PM   #49
11player
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Arena could match Pala up with some nicer names and try to get him ranked somewhere.

I'm hearing he will face R. Hawkins next, that's a waste of time, I think he could be matched up better.
11player is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2009, 05:16 PM   #50
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11player View Post
Arena could match Pala up with some nicer names and try to get him ranked somewhere.

I'm hearing he will face R. Hawkins next, that's a waste of time, I think he could be matched up better.
You seemed to be right in saying that Pala would face Hawkins.According to boxrec their fight is on.

Pala will fight on Aurich vs Koval's undercard.Makes me laugh! Pala vs Hawkins is for sure more intriguing than Aurich vs Koval IMO.
Hawkins went the full route with Boytsov and Maskaev and could hold his own against Tua in their encounter.

Nevertheless,you are probably right in saying that fighting Hawkins is a waste of time.
Aurich should fight this kind of opponents at this stage of career.
Pala needs a recognisable name in front of fists.
Riddick Bowe would be the ideal opponent.Pala would be able to showcasehis skills and probably score a spectecular stoppage victory against a known name.
Yes,I know that Bowe is totally shot and as far over the hill as you can be as an old geezer who doesnt know when to quit the game.
However,the most important point is that Bowe is a known fighter worldwide.
Pala needs tv exposure and a known name among his scalps.
Nobody cared when he beat Mazikin or Aurich.Both of the aforementioned guys would probably wipe the floor with the present version of Bowe,but nobody outside the circle of us hardcore fans has ever head their names.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2011, 09:40 AM   #51
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

I say this young cub has certainly been climbing up the HW ladder very quietly. Must have about 6 decent victories since his last fight. Anybody have any news who he is fighting next?
Manning is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2011, 06:33 AM   #52
VHB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Pala is a decent heavyweight, but where is he going?

As a Czech fringe contender in Íner┤s team, his position is not enviable.

He just had another fight with Mazikin, at least he got a TKO win.

He rejected a fight with Helenius, which was a good idea. Going into that fight at this point would be like selling yourself to the first bidder.

I hope Pala gets the shot he deserves.
VHB is offline  Top
Old 04-07-2011, 11:18 PM   #53
fistycuffs
Journeyman

vCash: 500

As an American of Czech ancestry, I really, really hope that Pala gets an opponent that will garner him more media attention.------I will be keeping an I on the guy
fistycuffs is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2011, 09:02 AM   #54
Joe_MacKenzie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 325

Rather than defending his WBO European title, Ondrej Pala will be facing Darnell Wilson on Saturday.

Pala is a good fighter. I don't know why Ahmet Íner isn't doing a better job of promoting him.
Joe_MacKenzie is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2011, 11:21 PM   #55
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_MacKenzie View Post
Rather than defending his WBO European title, Ondrej Pala will be facing Darnell Wilson on Saturday.

Pala is a good fighter. I don't know why Ahmet Íner isn't doing a better job of promoting him.
Wilson got himself in the mix with a win over a one-handed J.C. Gomez (which in my opinion and that of many others was a gift, as even a one-handed Gomez seemed to outbox him with just the right jab alone and limit Wilson to only a few grazing body shots, although there are many who feel strongly the other way that it was a legitimately earned victory due to constant aggression. )

It's crap; even Pala who isn't upper echelon at HW should be able to dispatch Ding A Ling...but it's at least understandable where Ohner gets off touting him as a "credible" opponent, coming off that good win on paper. It's easier to swallow than Derek Chisora getting a Euro title crack with Helenius coming off just a six-round win over a complete bum Lithuanian since his prior loss. (although Chisora is a better heavyweight than Wilson)
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 12:57 AM   #56
Dembek
And the new...
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Czech women = winning
Dembek is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 08:06 AM   #57
MaliBua
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dembek View Post
Czech women = winning

So much winning. They fine as hell. Tight ass as women can be

I Mean DAMN
MaliBua is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 12:08 PM   #58
Malden
East Side Guru

vCash: 284988

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Wilson got himself in the mix with a win over a one-handed J.C. Gomez (which in my opinion and that of many others was a gift, as even a one-handed Gomez seemed to outbox him with just the right jab alone and limit Wilson to only a few grazing body shots, although there are many who feel strongly the other way that it was a legitimately earned victory due to constant aggression. )

It's crap; even Pala who isn't upper echelon at HW should be able to dispatch Ding A Ling...but it's at least understandable where Ohner gets off touting him as a "credible" opponent, coming off that good win on paper. It's easier to swallow than Derek Chisora getting a Euro title crack with Helenius coming off just a six-round win over a complete bum Lithuanian since his prior loss. (although Chisora is a better heavyweight than Wilson)
^
Malden is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 01:19 PM   #59
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 2000

Does anybody know the name of Pala's gym, or where in the city it is?

I'm going to be in Prague for most of a week over Christmas. Maybe if he's in a good mood from a fresh win over Wilson (and improved ranking, and a vacant minor title) he'll give a lad a chance to spar with a world-class heavyweight.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 05:50 PM   #60
kenmore
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post

I don't think many heavyweights could dispatch Wilson. That's especially true of Pala, who is more of a boxer/stand-up fighter than a real puncher. If it's true that Pala won in as one sided fashion as reported, then that reflects well on Pala. He may prove to be a formidable contender.
kenmore is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum