Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Since Pacquiao-Mayweather Seems Doubtful For May 5, 2012, Who Will Floyd Fight Then?
Saul Alvarez 10 27.03%
Robert Guerrero 6 16.22%
Devon Alexander 0 0%
Sergio Martinez 6 16.22%
Amri Khan 5 13.51%
Someone Else Not Named Yet 6 16.22%
I'm Not Sure 4 10.81%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2011, 11:37 AM   #31
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Since Pacquiao-Mayweather Seems Doubtful For May 5, 2012, Who Will Floyd Fight Th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladegunner View Post

I'm also not making accusation that pac v mosley bombed hardcore hence why arum ran back to HBO

Good one!
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2011, 11:56 AM   #32
ripcity
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
vCash: 917
Default Re: Since Pacquiao-Mayweather Seems Doubtful For May 5, 2012, Who Will Floyd Fight Th

My guess is that the Mayweather wish list looks like this
1. Manny Pacquiao. It my sense that Mayweather is movated by how much money he can make. That is his mane reason for chosing oppoents. (Pacquiao picks the biggest name he can beat). Thisis the reason Mayweather in my opinion has been after this fight. However, if Pacquiao is out of the running who else is on the list?

2. Sergio Martinez. The one thing that might take presadents over making money for Mayweather is one upping Pacquiao. A fight with Martinez espicaly at 160 would do just that. However it seems that Martinez has a fight around that time. I get the sense that Martinez's people are steering him away from that fight.

3. Amir Khan. This fight is about money as in how much money can be made. Khan has a strong fallowing of suporters, who will fly from the UK to see him fight. Mayweayher has spoken about fighting in the UK so this may be a latter fight as the still green Khan devlopes. He also needs to beat Lamont Pettterson first.

4. Saul Alvarez. Like Khan Alvarez has a strong fallowing of suporters. Both are also with Golden Boy which makes these fights easy to make. Like Khan he's young and improving, but they both could use a few more fights before a huge steep up.
Ido think if a Pacquiao fight falls through. Consereding that Martinez is tied up. Saul Alvarez will be the oppoent on May the 5th.
ripcity is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2011, 12:09 PM   #33
quocnam
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Berto = another young lion!!!!
quocnam is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum