boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2011, 09:00 PM   #46
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 36,295
vCash: 75
Default Re: Mayweather waited for Pacquiao to slow down or get old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
This is where Floyd fails as an amateur psychologist. He's trying to dictate the venue and date to an egomanical old **** that is already hostile to making the fight. I can't stand Arum but Floyd is either trying to back him into a corner or making it appear that way because he knows Arum's ego won't allow him be dictated to. If Floyd was serious, he should have called Pac out publicly without all this cryptic bull**** that always leaves him with an escape route to yet another ****py match-up his fans will lap up. He could have gone to the media and demanded that Pac face him, and kept on doing it until the public demanded it, but he arbitrarily chose to book a venue and a date and drop stupid-ass hints through his team about fighting a little man. The guy is a con artist, a stupendously talented con artist when it comes to boxing, but a con artist all the same.
But yet Arum is an honorable man? Man come on you can't be serious here? It's PBF's fault that he booked the best date of the year and made it known he wants to fight Pac? PBF is trying to make the fight and Arum is the one trying to make it seem like he's trying to make the fight, the same **** he's been doing for years now.
Pimp C is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2011, 09:02 PM   #47
MexicanMuscle
Mexican Powerhouse
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,659
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather waited for Pacquiao to slow down or get old.

THE FACT IS EVERYONE WANTS THE FIGHT EXCEPT FOR ARUM AND THE PACTARDS!

Excuses are being made because pactards want to have **** to fall back on when Pac loses.
MexicanMuscle is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:02 PM   #48
Rhino718
M.O.B.
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,870
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather waited for Pacquiao to slow down or get old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellz831 View Post
is exactly what pac***s are saying. please stop with the pacquiao excuses. mayweather is older than pacquiao and ur a fool if u think hes still in his prime. some of u say that pacquiao has slowed down, got old, and is washed up now. i didnt see any difference in pacquiaos speed, stregnth, stamina, or style when he fought marquez.

he fought a SMART boxer. of course pacquiao is gonna look great against a slow brawler that comes straight at u like margarito aka a punching bag. u pactards fell into the hype and got a reality check.

why is it so hard to believe that marquez who had 2 other contrevesial fights with pacquiao wouldnt be able to compete this time? did y'all really believe that "new fighter" that has a "right hand" bull**** lol.

honestly, it sounds ur already makin excuses for pacquiao if he loses to mayweather and alot of y'all are afraid to eat your words.

if not? prove me wrong. Tell me exactly what has changed in pacquiao from now to pre-marquez fight(de la hoya, hatton, cotto, margarito)
Wasting your time. FLoyd could blow out PAc in a round 3 years ago and ppl would still make excuses.
Rhino718 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:03 PM   #49
Maximus
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 505
Default Re: Mayweather waited for Pacquiao to slow down or get old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C View Post
But yet Arum is an honorable man? Man come on you can't be serious here? It's PBF's fault that he booked the best date of the year and made it known he wants to fight Pac? PBF is trying to make the fight and Arum is the one trying to make it seem like he's trying to make the fight, the same **** he's been doing for years now.
Just because Arum is a dishonourable **** that would sell his granny to make a dollar, it doesn't mean anyone who opposes him automatically has the opposite attitude. Floyd is no different, it's just that Arums been doing it for much longer.
Maximus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:04 PM   #50
Cellz831
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 10,177
vCash: 327
Default Re: Mayweather waited for Pacquiao to slow down or get old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino718 View Post
Wasting your time. FLoyd could blow out PAc in a round 3 years ago and ppl would still make excuses.
theres always an excuse when floyd wins
Cellz831 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:07 PM   #51
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Trying to make a dollar
Posts: 9,603
vCash: 5174
Default Re: Mayweather waited for Pacquiao to slow down or get old.

I'm not a Pac***, but I am old enough to remember SRL waiting Hagler out and this looks the same to me.

May takes fights he knows he can win. Not 80-90% certain, but 100%. With the wars Pac has been in, he is going to age faster than Mayweather.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:08 PM   #52
Cellz831
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 10,177
vCash: 327
Default Re: Mayweather waited for Pacquiao to slow down or get old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffjoiner View Post
I'm not a Pac***, but I am old enough to remember SRL waiting Hagler out and this looks the same to me.

May takes fights he knows he can win. Not 80-90% certain, but 100%. With the wars Pac has been in, he is going to age faster than Mayweather.
prove it. what exactly is the difference in pacquiao now?
Cellz831 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:17 PM   #53
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Trying to make a dollar
Posts: 9,603
vCash: 5174
Default Re: Mayweather waited for Pacquiao to slow down or get old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellz831 View Post
prove it. what exactly is the difference in pacquiao now?

He's a bit slower, throwing a few fewer punches per round. Boxing is not a statistically driven sport like baseball, so it's more of an eyeball test.

IMO, Mayweather beats the Pac that beat Cotto anyway. I just think that Pac is better than the Pac of today. Obviously, so does most of the boxing public.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:18 PM   #54
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois USA
Posts: 14,052
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather waited for Pacquiao to slow down or get old.

Sounds like the same lame excuse from those who say that Ray Leonard "intentionally" sat in retirement, inactive for years, " waiting" for Marvin Hagler to show signs of deterioration... Utter ****... Floyd is the older of the two.. Has fought on average once per year for the past 4 years and didn't fight at all in 2008, while Pac has systematically destroyed many of their common opponents in more decisive fashion.. He looks less impressive against one foe that they've both met, and all of a sudden we get, " pac is worn out" or " Floyd has been waiting for Manny to slow down.." Ridiculous...
mr. magoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:23 PM   #55
private_eye44
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweather waited for Pacquiao to slow down or get old.

Bob Arum in my opinion has been at fault, but Mayweather has hardly helped himself. The fact Sugar Shane and Marquez had to move across to Top Rank to stand a chance of fighting should really have got more press coverage at the time than it did. Arum and Mayweather will not work together, with both being able to use this position to their advantage.
private_eye44 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:25 PM   #56
BingM3
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 367
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweather waited for Pacquiao to slow down or get old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellz831 View Post
is exactly what pac***s are saying. please stop with the pacquiao excuses. mayweather is older than pacquiao and ur a fool if u think hes still in his prime. some of u say that pacquiao has slowed down, got old, and is washed up now. i didnt see any difference in pacquiaos speed, stregnth, stamina, or style when he fought marquez.

he fought a SMART boxer. of course pacquiao is gonna look great against a slow brawler that comes straight at u like margarito aka a punching bag. u pactards fell into the hype and got a reality check.

why is it so hard to believe that marquez who had 2 other contrevesial fights with pacquiao wouldnt be able to compete this time? did y'all really believe that "new fighter" that has a "right hand" bull**** lol.

honestly, it sounds ur already makin excuses for pacquiao if he loses to mayweather and alot of y'all are afraid to eat your words.

if not? prove me wrong. Tell me exactly what has changed in pacquiao from now to pre-marquez fight(de la hoya, hatton, cotto, margarito)
PAC have more fights in his career and have had better opposition, now you understand?
BingM3 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:26 PM   #57
Leonit
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hopkins = legend
Posts: 5,504
vCash: 1606
Default Re: Mayweather waited for Pacquiao to slow down or get old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellz831 View Post
is exactly what pac***s are saying. please stop with the pacquiao excuses. mayweather is older than pacquiao and ur a fool if u think hes still in his prime. some of u say that pacquiao has slowed down, got old, and is washed up now. i didnt see any difference in pacquiaos speed, stregnth, stamina, or style when he fought marquez.

he fought a SMART boxer. of course pacquiao is gonna look great against a slow brawler that comes straight at u like margarito aka a punching bag. u pactards fell into the hype and got a reality check.

why is it so hard to believe that marquez who had 2 other contrevesial fights with pacquiao wouldnt be able to compete this time? did y'all really believe that "new fighter" that has a "right hand" bull**** lol.

honestly, it sounds ur already makin excuses for pacquiao if he loses to mayweather and alot of y'all are afraid to eat your words.

if not? prove me wrong. Tell me exactly what has changed in pacquiao from now to pre-marquez fight(de la hoya, hatton, cotto, margarito)
I'm pretty neutral in this, for once I prefer Floyd as a boxer. He's obviously more eager to make the fight now after the Mosley and JMM fights. For me Pac has slowed down and Floyd should've fought him after the Cotto match to cement his top tier ATG status. Now he is going to get a lot less credit. As Borjia pointed out Pac has different style. Look a fighter like Vargas was shot in his mid twenties. Floyd could fight like Hop in his 40s and still be effective. You speak about the Pactards but you are like them you see only one side of the story
Leonit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:27 PM   #58
Cellz831
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 10,177
vCash: 327
Default Re: Mayweather waited for Pacquiao to slow down or get old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffjoiner View Post
He's a bit slower, throwing a few fewer punches per round. Boxing is not a statistically driven sport like baseball, so it's more of an eyeball test.

IMO, Mayweather beats the Pac that beat Cotto anyway. I just think that Pac is better than the Pac of today. Obviously, so does most of the boxing public.
he only threw less cuz he was intimidated by marquez counter punching. i think the mayweather that fought mosley was way more sharper than the mayweather that fought ortiz
Cellz831 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:27 PM   #59
Leonit
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hopkins = legend
Posts: 5,504
vCash: 1606
Default Re: Mayweather waited for Pacquiao to slow down or get old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffjoiner View Post
I'm not a Pac***, but I am old enough to remember SRL waiting Hagler out and this looks the same to me.

May takes fights he knows he can win. Not 80-90% certain, but 100%. With the wars Pac has been in, he is going to age faster than Mayweather.
To his credit SRL waited for him but Hagler was the bigger fighter. He didn't wait for Hearns and Leonard
Leonit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:29 PM   #60
Cellz831
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 10,177
vCash: 327
Default Re: Mayweather waited for Pacquiao to slow down or get old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BingM3 View Post
PAC have more fights in his career and have had better opposition, now you understand?
wow u must be a pactard. better opposition? i suggest u look at their resumes again
Cellz831 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015