Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-28-2011, 08:33 PM   #61
AnotherFan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweather waited for Pacquiao to slow down or get old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. magoo View Post
Sounds like the same lame excuse from those who say that Ray Leonard "intentionally" sat in retirement, inactive for years, " waiting" for Marvin Hagler to show signs of deterioration... Utter crap... Floyd is the older of the two.. Has fought on average once per year for the past 4 years and didn't fight at all in 2008, while Pac has systematically destroyed many of their common opponents in more decisive fashion.. He looks less impressive against one foe that they've both met, and all of a sudden we get, " pac is worn out" or " Floyd has been waiting for Manny to slow down.." Ridiculous...
When Pac fought Marquez for the third time he looked utterly beatable. It seemed to me like he had slowed down.

Suddenly Floyd start to make efforts to get the fight on. Previously, when Pac looked good in the ring, his only efforts where to repeat the "take the test"-mantra.

Can things perhaps be as obvious as they seem? I dont have a pedigree in the subject, I am just asking.
AnotherFan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2011, 08:35 PM   #62
Jaguar
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2225

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherFan View Post
When Pac fought Marquez for the third time he looked utterly beatable. It seemed to me like he had slowed down.

Suddenly Floyd start to make efforts to get the fight on. Previously, when Pac looked good in the ring, his only efforts where to repeat the "take the test"-mantra.

Can things perhaps be as obvious as they seem? I dont have a pedigree in the subject, I am just asking.
So the last 2 years that Mayweather has been asking for this fight, and the fact that he scheduled May 5th before the Manny vs. Marquez mean nothing to you?
Jaguar is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2011, 08:39 PM   #63
soldado

Floyd couldve made the fight at anytime. Just like he couldve fought cotto ,margarito, clottey,paul williams,a younger mosley or yes pac man.He didnt do that he retired and let all the top welterweights beat each other up.Remember that shit.He was never talkin bout, I am ready to sign anything like he is now.
soldado is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2011, 08:41 PM   #64
Maximus
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 505

Thing is, Floyd booked the venue before the JMM fight, but never said at that point who he planned on fighting, apart from vague references to a little fella of course. Floyd obviously did this because he could duck Pac (again) if Pac blew JMM out, or he could call Pac out if he looked like shit. If he intended to fight Pac before the JMM fight, why the **** did he not just come out and say it at the time? There's no harm done if he called Pac out and Arum told him to jog on, if anything he gains some respect and Pac looks like the ducker, but he didn't, he played his little games and now he looks like he's cherry-picking (again) to everyone cept his hardcore fans.

He's been playing the same games for the past 4 years, how can his fans not see that?
Maximus is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2011, 08:42 PM   #65
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 928

fact of the matter...mayweather saw pac 2009 and didn't want none of that. instead he took pac's leftovers in JMM.
DobyZhee is online now  Top
Old 11-28-2011, 08:43 PM   #66
AnotherFan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
So the last 2 years that Mayweather has been asking for this fight, and the fact that he scheduled May 5th before the Manny vs. Marquez mean nothing to you?
Both camps have said they want the fight. Word against word. Floyd brings so much money to the table that he can always find an opponent even if he had no one contracted when he booked the date and venue.

I dont have any inside info, and both camps can be lying their arse off.

All I am saying is that if the fight suddenly gets made directly after Mannys worst performence for a long time, it is not a stretch to assume that Arum is cashing out on him, and that Floyd plays along because he think the risk/reward calculation makes sense.

Assuming that Floyd wanted the fight all along is beeing generous.
AnotherFan is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2011, 08:44 PM   #67
Popshots
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellz831 View Post
is exactly what pacfags are saying. please stop with the pacquiao excuses. mayweather is older than pacquiao and ur a fool if u think hes still in his prime. some of u say that pacquiao has slowed down, got old, and is washed up now. i didnt see any difference in pacquiaos speed, stregnth, stamina, or style when he fought marquez.

he fought a SMART boxer. of course pacquiao is gonna look great against a slow brawler that comes straight at u like margarito aka a punching bag. u pactards fell into the hype and got a reality check.

why is it so hard to believe that marquez who had 2 other contrevesial fights with pacquiao wouldnt be able to compete this time? did y'all really believe that "new fighter" that has a "right hand" bullshit lol.

honestly, it sounds ur already makin excuses for pacquiao if he loses to mayweather and alot of y'all are afraid to eat your words.

if not? prove me wrong. Tell me exactly what has changed in pacquiao from now to pre-marquez fight(de la hoya, hatton, cotto, margarito)
You are wrong. Floyd called out PAC before he even fought Marquez. You are basically saying that you know in your heart PAC can't defeat Floyd. The Marquez fight is only the beginning, that he isn't as good as you all thought he was. He has trouble against boxers.
Popshots is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2011, 08:45 PM   #68
Cellz831
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 327

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldado View Post
Floyd couldve made the fight at anytime. Just like he couldve fought cotto ,margarito, clottey,paul williams,a younger mosley or yes pac man.He didnt do that he retired and let all the top welterweights beat each other up.Remember that shit.He was never talkin bout, I am ready to sign anything like he is now.
margarito, cotto, and clottey(bum), are top rank fighters. and u must have forgot floyd calling out mosley back in the day while mosleys excuse was him having a loose tooth
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPJhvYXKZK8[/ame]
Cellz831 is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2011, 08:45 PM   #69
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5174

Quote:
he only threw less cuz he was intimidated by marquez counter punching. i think the mayweather that fought mosley was way more sharper than the mayweather that fought ortiz

Good points. To me, May looked just about as sharp against Ortiz, Ortiz just looked sharper than Mosley.

In my opinion, and I can not stress that last word enough, Mayweather has aged and will age more gracefully than Pac, or almost any fighter of any era. His commitment to training and lack of tough fights will aid him. I actualy started a thread a while back predicting that he will fight until at least 40 due to ego and IRS problems.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2011, 08:46 PM   #70
Cellz831
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popshots View Post
You are wrong. Floyd called out PAC before he even fought Marquez. You are basically saying that you know in your heart PAC can't defeat Floyd. The Marquez fight is only the beginning, that he isn't as good as you all thought he was. He has trouble against boxers.
did u even read my post?
Cellz831 is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2011, 08:52 PM   #71
Cellz831
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DobyZhee View Post
fact of the matter...mayweather saw pac 2009 and didn't want none of that. instead he took pac's leftovers in JMM.
how is marquez pacquiaos leftover when pacs never clearly beat marquez. hes more of a mayweather leftover and pacquiao couldnt handle him.
Cellz831 is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2011, 09:02 PM   #72
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 1001

Fights since 2009

Mayweather
JMM
Mosley
Ortiz

Pac
Hatton
Cotto
Clottey
Margarito
Mosley
JMM

Age is one thing, getting worn down and a bit worn out is another.

Pac has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more wear and tear on him, and has been on a grind since 2009.... Mayweather hardly at all.

Its completely understandable why Pac fans will bring up why they think Mayweather was waiting, because despite his age, and relative to Pac, Mayweather has had quite an easy couple of years.

That being said, I dont believe that it has been mayweathers plan to just wait for Pac to wear down and out.... however, I also dont think it bothers him letting Pac get into these tough fights until they come to terms either.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2011, 09:02 PM   #73
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Pactards deliver in this thread. Some of the dumbest shit I have ever heard. I don't think they deserve a response as to why Pac threw less punches and looked beatable against JMM. Pac is the only fighter that is "prime" off and on. He was coming off of destroying Morales and he got his ass whooped by Marquez and looked ordinary. He was 3 weight or more champ then. He moves up and beats up Diaz, outpoints Barrera in another meaningless rematch. Fights ODH skeleton. Knocks out a Hatton that was past his best and always one big shot away from retirement(took too many punches during his career). Beats up Cotto and insert top rank welterweight. And rematches JMM at a higher weight and he looks the same as 2008. So Pac hit his prime at 30? Lmao 2008 he was green but 2009 he was a beast. So Floyd had that 1 year to beat a "prime" Pac? Retarded mother****ers.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2011, 09:03 PM   #74
BingM3
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
wow u must be a pactard. better opposition? i suggest u look at their resumes again
Dumbass, look below

COTTO, MARGARITO, MORALES, BARRERA, DIAZ vs

CORALES, CASTILLO, ZAB, BALDOMIR, GATTI

I didn't put fighters they beat both, now you feeling silly? What's your resume BS? Talk about quality,

All that PAC beat can easily beat most of these cherries that PBF fought, OWNED!
BingM3 is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2011, 09:08 PM   #75
Symphenyceo
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DobyZhee View Post

Pac from 2009 is the current Pac. He looks different when you turn him to his right.
Symphenyceo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum