Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2011, 02:12 AM   #61
pejevan
inmate No. 1363917
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 9,090
vCash: 1343
Default Re: Why i cant be a Floyd fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai C View Post
Darned if you do. Darned if you don't. The only fighter that Mayweather has fought coming off a loss was Judah, and that's because the contract was already signed. You guys don't realize that you are saying Pacquiao can't win because he didn't trash Marquez. Marquez is a very hard fighter to beat. Unless you're Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Oww.

You have a way of looking at resumes.

Sharmba Mitchell - KOed by Kostya Tszyu in 5 then have to fight Chris Smith to have a winning record before facing Gayweather.

Demarcus Corley - lost to Zab judah before fighting Gayweather.

****** Juuko - TKOed in 11 before fighting gayweather.
pejevan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2011, 02:24 AM   #62
Exactabox
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: 23 Hype Job Avenue
Posts: 7,028
vCash: 375
Default Re: Why i cant be a Floyd fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellz831 View Post
boxing is a corrupt shady buisness ran by promoters. floyd is a genius and should be an insperation to other boxers. what other boxers became their own boss instead of being told what to do by a shady promoter? why should floyd give a shit about this boxing industry when their number 1 plan is to see him lose?
You believe everything don't u. Check again and look at the man who he checks with before he answers questions post fight = Richard Schaefer.
He just a puppet like the rest with more hands in his pocket than most fighters. Schaefer,Hayman,GBP,Ellerbee and the list goes on. Don't be a fool.
You think they work for free ?
At the end of the day even after the promoters cut you make more money with the right one than doing it yoself. These companies have realtionships with TV networks, advertising etc. They have to eat also. Misconception is they all rob. Top Rank, Dibella and GBP know what they are doing and 9 times out of 10 you will do better wit them than without.
You know Floyd because he was on HBO through Bob Arums long relationship with the network. It is sort of a partnership a talented fighter and top promoter can put you where you need.
Almost every business is shadey boxing no more shadey than farming.
Exactabox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:00 AM   #63
smokey_b_rare
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 28
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why i cant be a Floyd fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exactabox View Post
You believe everything don't u. Check again and look at the man who he checks with before he answers questions post fight = Richard Schaefer.
He just a puppet like the rest with more hands in his pocket than most fighters. Schaefer,Hayman,GBP,Ellerbee and the list goes on. Don't be a fool.
You think they work for free ?
At the end of the day even after the promoters cut you make more money with the right one than doing it yoself. These companies have realtionships with TV networks, advertising etc. They have to eat also. Misconception is they all rob. Top Rank, Dibella and GBP know what they are doing and 9 times out of 10 you will do better wit them than without.
You know Floyd because he was on HBO through Bob Arums long relationship with the network. It is sort of a partnership a talented fighter and top promoter can put you where you need.
Almost every business is shadey boxing no more shadey than farming.
what world does this guy live in?

certain business sectors are inherently more 'shadey' than others. the entertainment and professional sport, boxing especially, is one that is certainly worse off than agriculture.
smokey_b_rare is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:07 AM   #64
Exactabox
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: 23 Hype Job Avenue
Posts: 7,028
vCash: 375
Default Re: Why i cant be a Floyd fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey_b_rare View Post
what world does this guy live in?

certain business sectors are inherently more 'shadey' than others. the entertainment and professional sport, boxing especially, is one that is certainly worse off than agriculture.
Damn son.

U.S. vs. Navarrete -- In December 2008, employers Cesar and Geovanni Navarrete were sentenced to 12 years each in federal prison on charges of conspiracy, holding workers in involuntary servitude, and peonage. They had employed dozens of tomato pickers in Florida and South Carolina. As stated in the DOJ press release on their sentencing, "[the employers] pleaed guilty to beating, threatening, restraining, and locking workers in trucks to force them to work as agricultural laborers... [They] were accused of paying the workers minimal wages and driving the workers into debt, while simultaneously threatening physical harm if the workers left their employment before their debts had been repaid to the Navarrete family." Workers first reported the abuse to Collier County police, and additional workers sought help from the CIW. The CIW collaborated with the DOJ and the police on the year-long investigation and prosecution.

U.S. vs. Bontemps -- In July 2010, Cabioch Bontemps, Carline Ceneus, and Willy Edouard were indicted by a federal grand jury on charges of conspiracy to commit forced labor. DOJ officials accuse the three of holding over 50 guestworkers from Haiti against their will in the beanfields of Alachua County, Florida. The indictment states that Bontemps raped one of the workers in his employ and threatened her if she were to report it. The employers held the workers' passports and visas, and forced them to work in fields recently sprayed with harsh pesticides, causing permanent scarring. The grower, Steven Davis, asked the judge during the court hearing to release Bontemps since he was key to the harvesting operation. "All these people [the workers] look up to him," Davis said. "All these people respect him. All these people worship him." As of September 2010, the prosecution is ongoing. The CIW trained local law enforcement and church groups shortly before the workers were rescued, and assisted in referring the case to the DOJ.

U.S. vs. Global Horizons -- In September 2010, staff of guestworker recruiting giant Global Horizons were charged with operating a forced labor ring active in 13 states, including Florida. Global Horizons President Mordechai Orian and six others are accused of holding hundreds of guestworkers from Thailand against their will, in what prosecutors call “the largest human trafficking case in U.S. history.” FBI Special Agent Tom Simon described the latest case as "a classic bait-and-switch what they were doing. They were telling the Thai workers one thing to lure them here. Then when they got here, their passports were taken away and they were held in forced servitude working in these farms." The prosecution is ongoing, with more details to emerge about the various states workers lived in and what crops they picked.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last edited by Exactabox; 11-30-2011 at 03:18 AM.
Exactabox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:27 AM   #65
smokey_b_rare
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 28
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why i cant be a Floyd fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exactabox View Post
Damn son.

U.S. vs. Navarrete -- In December 2008, employers Cesar and Geovanni Navarrete were sentenced to 12 years each in federal prison on charges of conspiracy, holding workers in involuntary servitude, and peonage. They had employed dozens of tomato pickers in Florida and South Carolina. As stated in the DOJ press release on their sentencing, "[the employers] pleaed guilty to beating, threatening, restraining, and locking workers in trucks to force them to work as agricultural laborers... [They] were accused of paying the workers minimal wages and driving the workers into debt, while simultaneously threatening physical harm if the workers left their employment before their debts had been repaid to the Navarrete family." Workers first reported the abuse to Collier County police, and additional workers sought help from the CIW. The CIW collaborated with the DOJ and the police on the year-long investigation and prosecution.

U.S. vs. Bontemps -- In July 2010, Cabioch Bontemps, Carline Ceneus, and Willy Edouard were indicted by a federal grand jury on charges of conspiracy to commit forced labor. DOJ officials accuse the three of holding over 50 guestworkers from Haiti against their will in the beanfields of Alachua County, Florida. The indictment states that Bontemps raped one of the workers in his employ and threatened her if she were to report it. The employers held the workers' passports and visas, and forced them to work in fields recently sprayed with harsh pesticides, causing permanent scarring. The grower, Steven Davis, asked the judge during the court hearing to release Bontemps since he was key to the harvesting operation. "All these people [the workers] look up to him," Davis said. "All these people respect him. All these people worship him." As of September 2010, the prosecution is ongoing. The CIW trained local law enforcement and church groups shortly before the workers were rescued, and assisted in referring the case to the DOJ.

U.S. vs. Global Horizons -- In September 2010, staff of guestworker recruiting giant Global Horizons were charged with operating a forced labor ring active in 13 states, including Florida. Global Horizons President Mordechai Orian and six others are accused of holding hundreds of guestworkers from Thailand against their will, in what prosecutors call “the largest human trafficking case in U.S. history.” FBI Special Agent Tom Simon described the latest case as "a classic bait-and-switch what they were doing. They were telling the Thai workers one thing to lure them here. Then when they got here, their passports were taken away and they were held in forced servitude working in these farms." The prosecution is ongoing, with more details to emerge about the various states workers lived in and what crops they picked.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
this is top quality trolling. i have to congratulate you.

by numbers of active participants in the running of business in farming/agriculture how ever you want to define it, it far out weighs boxing. its not hard to imagine it will attract a certain amount of scandal and press especially since more often than not you get this abuse of labour like the instances you have bought up. perfect prime time meia material.

the cohesion, artifical barriers, surpression of competition and unethical business practices and norms IN professional sport and boxing is much much greater than others. fair enough you may be able to build a case for some industries that are comparable.

but what you cant argue is that they all fall in the same paradigm and that some arnt considerably worse than others.
smokey_b_rare is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013