Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-30-2011, 06:38 AM   #1
Plaster...Sad
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Theory: Cotto is playing mind games about wraps on Tony:

Tony says he did not feel a difference in wraps when wrapped for Shane prior to getting caught. It's poss team Cotto is playing on this "what if I did have them on during Cotto fight" question that Margarito might have... therefore causing him to doubt his entire career.

Ever see a movie where the hero is informed at the end, he was not really a hero... it was all set up for him to win... and he goes crazy, feeling duped etc...

Cotto: "Tony... it's true, they lied to you... you had special victory wraps on...now you have no power..."

Margarito: "LOL...um... pssst whatever Miguel... I know you're just saying that!!"

Cotto: "No seriously bro, your entire career is a lie... you had special wraps to help you in all those fights after the first 5-6 journeymen outtings you had in the beginning... they gave you the victory wraps...your entire team set it all up...they lied to you Tony.."
Plaster...Sad is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2011, 06:42 AM   #2
mtz
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Default Re: Theory: Cotto is playing mind games about wraps on Tony:

your avatar is much better than your post... if marg cheated he knows...

plus if cotto wouldnt have gotten tired so fast and would have trained better he would have won because margo wasnt hitting shit for 6 rnds... so in essence cotto can only blame himself. The wraps might have broken him down a lil but he would have still gotten raped, also he has the WORST def agaisnt uppercuts i have ever seen.

btw this is coming from a cotto nuthugger i love the man but the 1st fight was a product of his lack of stamina.
mtz is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2011, 06:42 AM   #3
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Cotto could also be convincing himself that the only way Margarito could beat him, was by using loaded gloves. This allows him to go into the fight with the confidence that Margarito is no longer the destructive machine of the past.

Maybe. I don't know.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2011, 06:46 AM   #4
Plaster...Sad
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtz View Post
your avatar is much better than your post... if marg cheated he knows...
Avi is nice, but post is legit. There is a chance, that Tony practiced the fine are of "denial" when it came to his wraps..

See no evil, speak no evil.
Wraps are done Tony, how do they feel
Great Cappy!
Let me at him!
Old 11-30-2011, 06:52 AM   #5
mtz
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaster...Sad View Post
Avi is nice, but post is legit. There is a chance, that Tony practiced the fine are of "denial" when it came to his wraps..

See no evil, speak no evil.
Wraps are done Tony, how do they feel
Great Cappy!
Let me at him!
i can see margo saying he didnt know, but he HAS to say that... there more than enough interviews where cotto said marg punches werent devastating or "special" so then his lack of stamina is the one to blame.... if he would have clinched, and kept the fight in the ccenter rather than ropes he would have taken home a decision. Marg chin was tested and he didnt have invisible head gear so we know he can take cotto's punches, but can his eye take cotto's SUPER accurate punches??
mtz is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2011, 07:13 AM   #6
Plaster...Sad
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtz View Post
i can see margo saying he didnt know, but he HAS to say that... there more than enough interviews where cotto said marg punches werent devastating or "special" so then his lack of stamina is the one to blame.... if he would have clinched, and kept the fight in the ccenter rather than ropes he would have taken home a decision. Marg chin was tested and he didnt have invisible head gear so we know he can take cotto's punches, but can his eye take cotto's SUPER accurate punches??
Marg's not having super power with wraps on just means he did not have much power to begin with. Also, the point about Marg taking ALL of Cotto's best shots is not entirely accurate if Marg was in fact wearing wraps which while not Duran-like in terms of power, was enough to break Cotto's nose and take his ability to breath away and cause him to drink his blood for 9 rounds. It's not as simple as "Marg's chin had no plaster in it" Variables that add up to the end result.

Dec 3rd is just days away and we will see at this stage in their careers who will win.

No Doubt, the plaster beatdown took something out of Cotto as did his fight with Pacquaio. BOTH men have been beaten up, one perhaps with wraps, the other by perhaps by EPO and both of them quite likely by Ariza shakes... Boxing is a dirty word in 2011.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:17 AM   #7
EnterTheDragon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Plaster Sad, we need more pics of the chick in your avatar.

EnterTheDragon is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2011, 07:19 AM   #8
Plaster...Sad
Contender
ESB Senior Member

If you watch Tony walking into ring VS Shane... his eyes were full of DOUBT. His body language too... would not look Shane in the eye during instructions...

Team Cotto probably saw this and said, let's mind **** the dude and get him all worked up about the wraps again.

Diaz seems like a smart dude...Probably told Cotto: GO out there and convince him that YOU are convinced 100% that he cheated.

Imagine being told you cheated repeatedly, when you KNOW you did not... that is one of the worst feelings when you KNOW you are right, and the nobody gets it but you?

Whether Margarito admits is or not, it has an affect.

Just a theory but I suppose that Cotto REALLY thinks Marg's actually cheated.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:17 AM   #9
HenrySwanson

vCash: 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Cotto could also be convincing himself that the only way Margarito could beat him, was by using loaded gloves. This allows him to go into the fight with the confidence that Margarito is no longer the destructive machine of the past.

Maybe. I don't know.
That's a mistake Cotto will regret if he goes into the ring thinking that.

He fought the perfect first half of the fight. Cotto just needs to slow the pace a little and outbox him for 12 rounds and clinch when necessary. And keep his ****ing gloves up when moving out of range.
HenrySwanson is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2011, 08:26 AM   #10
Govanmauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

The loadedness or not of Margos gloves doesnt change the fact Cotto couldnt hurt him in the first fight so even if Margo is less of a threat going straight at him is still useless.

Henry has named the game plan correctly
Govanmauler is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2011, 08:27 AM   #11
Plaster...Sad
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrySwanson View Post
That's a mistake Cotto will regret if he goes into the ring thinking that.

He fought the perfect first half of the fight. Cotto just needs to slow the pace a little and outbox him for 12 rounds and clinch when necessary. And keep his ****ing gloves up when moving out of range.

THIS !

I have been saying this all along too... It was those FREE shots whit his hands at his hips sliding off the ropes that REALLY began the end of his night. Last 20 sec of round 10 and BANG! Got caught hands down, looking slick... Hands UP ALL night Miguel.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:29 AM   #12
Plaster...Sad
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govanmauler View Post
The loadedness or not of Margos gloves doesnt change the fact Cotto couldnt hurt him in the first fight so even if Margo is less of a threat going straight at him is still useless.

Henry has named the game plan correctly

If the wraps and added power were going to the body early... then certainly in the latter rounds, Cotto's power had been sapped. So we cannot simply say "marg took all Cotto's BEST shots...."

A lot of Cotto's punches were on the backfoot too quite possibly as a direct result of plaster wraps...

"That was a very sad night for me. Miguel wasn't crying tears. The tears coming out of Miguel's eyes that night weren't normal. They were tears of blood. You had to see it.
"Bleeding out of his nose, bleeding out of his ears. You had to see how deep his wounds were. It's impossible to explain. I couldn't explain how someone with gloves could do that," the late Miguel Cotto Sr., on Miguel Jr.'s condition after the loss to Margarito.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:34 AM   #13
Govanmauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaster...Sad View Post
If the wraps and added power were going to the body early... then certainly in the latter rounds, Cotto's power had been sapped. So we cannot simply say "marg took all Cotto's BEST shots...."

A lot of Cotto's punches were on the backfoot too quite possibly as a direct result of plaster wraps...

"That was a very sad night for me. Miguel wasn't crying tears. The tears coming out of Miguel's eyes that night weren't normal. They were tears of blood. You had to see it.
"Bleeding out of his nose, bleeding out of his ears. You had to see how deep his wounds were. It's impossible to explain. I couldn't explain how someone with gloves could do that," the late Miguel Cotto Sr., on Miguel Jr.'s condition after the loss to Margarito.

yeah I guess Cotto being hurt might have caused him to commit less to his shots , he didnt seem to be putting much of a dent in him early either though. Im not dissing Cotto , I'm a fan but Margo is a tough mother****er wether he is a cheat or not ( even the shoeing Pac gave him didnt stop him ) So I'm just saying that wether Margos hands are feather , plaster or nuclear Cottos best bet is to use skill not heart.
Govanmauler is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2011, 08:39 AM   #14
Plaster...Sad
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govanmauler View Post
yeah I guess Cotto being hurt might have caused him to commit less to his shots , he didnt seem to be putting much of a dent in him early either though. Im not dissing Cotto , I'm a fan but Margo is a tough mother****er wether he is a cheat or not ( even the shoeing Pac gave him didnt stop him ) So I'm just saying that wether Margos hands are feather , plaster or nuclear Cottos best bet is to use skill not heart.
I hear you, I just keep thinking: Margarito was smiling at Shane early too and saying "I'm not even hurt" and later that evening...

He was smiling one second, and then falling the next...still smiling mind you
Old 11-30-2011, 08:40 AM   #15
Plaster...Sad
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterTheDragon View Post
Plaster Sad, we need more pics of the chick in your avatar.

Not a prob bruh.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum