HATTON WINS 9 20.00%
COTTO WINS 36 80.00%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-27-2008, 11:12 AM   #61
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900
Default Re: Do You Think Hatton Can Take Cotto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM83
How do you know how much Mayweather puts on after the weigh in? and like I said if the weight issue wasn't a problem why was the fight not just made for 140? If floyd walks around at 147, losing 7 pounds wouldn't be an issue would it?

Anyway my whole point was why there's so much hatred for Hatton just now? Right now he's the only boxer in Britain who can say he's been in the ring with best fighter on the planet. I don't know why everyone is so keen to put him down.
err do you even watch the fights?

HBO always show fight night weights, floyd for oscar came in at 148 and same for hatton.
Relentless is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2008, 11:13 AM   #62
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless

HBO always show fight night weights, floyd for oscar came in at 148 and same for hatton.
See my point with these Hatton goons! They dont even watch there own boy fight! But blithly and blindly they still defend him to the last.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2008, 11:13 AM   #63
TAM83
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
Because it was on my TV screen when i watched the PPV

As for him facing the best so ****ing what? Thats what fighters do they face the best challenger. So why hasnt he faced Witter yet?

I dont reward mediocrity with points for Hatton simply doing what he was supposed to do.He only fought Floyd because it made financial sense.And thats coming from his OWN admission.If it was for any other reason he would have fought Witter by now.
Who's asking you to reward him? It still doesn't explain the hatred? is it personallity reasons? his boxing style? Coz right now the way people are putting him down and slagging him off is laughable.

Where is all the Hatred for Calzaghe? Hatton has at least gone to America and made a name for himself. He might be a limited fighter but he is still World Class. Calzaghe is the best but seemed content to do **** all with his talent for a long time.
TAM83 is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2008, 11:18 AM   #64
TAM83
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
See my point with these Hatton goons! They dont even watch there own boy fight! But blithly and blindly they still defend him to the last.
Naa mate sorry I was in Vegas for the fight, in the MGM conference centre for it. It was quite good actually if you've not been for a fight you should go sometime.

If you would also read my point it would help. I'm not defending him, I've said Cotto would beat him and to be honest every other elite fighter at 147 would probably beat him. I'm asking why there's so much hate for him? any chance you could actually reply to all the points or ignore them? cheers
TAM83 is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2008, 11:19 AM   #65
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Who's asking you to reward him? It still doesn't explain the hatred? is it personallity reasons? his boxing style? Coz right now the way people are putting him down and slagging him off is laughable.

Where is all the Hatred for Calzaghe? Hatton has at least gone to America and made a name for himself. He might be a limited fighter but he is still World Class. Calzaghe is the best but seemed content to do **** all with his talent for a long time.
What Calzaghe did is exactly what Hatton did and both have got heat from me on this board because of it. At least Joe fought Lacy wallowed in bullshit for a while and has faced the BEST challengers in his division.Hatton meanwhile has not.His gone up in weight got beaten and now refuses to fight Witter.Meanwhile JC unifies vs Kessler and is now taking on Hopkins at 75. But Hatton on the other hand says he`ll fight ANYONE, has got as fat as a pig, refuses to fight Witter even though he`ll fight ANYONE and says he wants a tune up bout at home for the fans. Yup makes perfect sense to me.He fits the precise meaning of the phrase "Cash Cow". His as fat as one and rolling in it.Thats called comfortable.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:19 AM   #66
TAM83
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless

I was at it mate with a few others from this site, so errr yeh I do watch them
TAM83 is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2008, 11:20 AM   #67
mattress
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1618

Quote:
I'm Scottish and I'm defending him so how about you get the facts right before coming out with stupid remarks?
Apologies Tam, just setting the bait for one or two others!
mattress is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2008, 11:20 AM   #68
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Naa mate sorry I was in Vegas for the fight, in the MGM conference centre for it. It was quite good actually if you've not been for a fight you should go sometime.

If you would also read my point it would help. I'm not defending him, I've said Cotto would beat him and to be honest every other elite fighter at 147 would probably beat him. I'm asking why there's so much hate for him? any chance you could actually reply to all the points or ignore them? cheers
Good for you. I was there in spirit via my TV and sent my boss to wach the fight for me.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:25 AM   #69
TAM83
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
What Calzaghe did is exactly what Hatton did and both have got heat from me on this board because of it. At least Joe fought Lacy wallowed in bullshit for a while and has faced the BEST challengers in his division.Hatton meanwhile has not.His gone up in weight got beaten and now refuses to fight Witter.Meanwhile JC unifies vs Kessler and is now taking on Hopkins at 75. But Hatton on the other hand says he`ll fight ANYONE, has got as fat as a pig, refuses to fight Witter even though he`ll fight ANYONE and says he wants a tune up bout at home for the fans. Yup makes perfect sense to me.He fits the precise meaning of the phrase "Cash Cow". His as fat as one and rolling in it.Thats called comfortable.

How can you say Calzaghe has fought the best in his division when Hatton has fought the best in the world?

He's facing Hopkins and I'm happy with that but lets be honest if thats not for the money what is? Calzaghe has blatantly said he just wants the big money fights now, is there anything wrong with that? I wouldn't say so but it's ok for Calzaghe I suppose.
TAM83 is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2008, 11:36 AM   #70
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
How can you say Calzaghe has fought the best in his division when Hatton has fought the best in the world?

He's facing Hopkins and I'm happy with that but lets be honest if thats not for the money what is? Calzaghe has blatantly said he just wants the big money fights now, is there anything wrong with that? I wouldn't say so but it's ok for Calzaghe I suppose.
Well whom else was Joe supposed to fight Sherlock? Joe fought the best in his division in Kessler and won. Hatton fought a guy a divison higher who moved up in weight and lost in spectacular fashion.Wheres the comparison?

And for the record dont get it twisted.Im not a JC fan in the slightest and to be perfectly honest havent got much interest in a bout between him and Hop or Jones at this stage of there careers.Its fairly hollow and late in the day.

Iv watched Hatton for years beat up can after can.Iv watched ****** wrap his career in cotton wool the same way JC`s was and watched him rise through the ranks and get an opportunity on the basis of nothing other than the stupid football fans that were drunk in there droves at the M.E.N.It ****s me off when a bout between him and Witter whould have been made more than 7 years ago and years later Hatton is still full of a myriad of excuses as to why he wont fight Witter and has picked and choosen his way to the top of the pile. The reason is abundantly clear.Hatton was a fighter who stylistically was flawed from the beginning.He was brought along excellently by ****** and given a silver spoon and an easy route to stardom.Its Witters turn and time.For Hatton to deny him this just goes to show the fraud he truly is.

If was interested in the fans he gloats about he would have made the bout already.If he was intersted in being a world champion he wouldnt have defended the WBU so many times and then gloated about being its world titlist.If he was interested in his fans he would have stepped it up and ditched ****** years ago.If he was interested in his fans he wouldnt have fought so many of those dam cab drivers and no name entitys.His just a fighter full of lame excuses and his "fans" lap it up in the bucket load.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:50 AM   #71
TAM83
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Well whom else was Joe supposed to fight Sherlock? Joe fought the best in his division in Kessler and won. Hatton fought a guy a divison higher who moved up in weight and lost in spectacular fashion.Wheres the comparison?

And for the record dont get it twisted.Im not a JC fan in the slightest and to be perfectly honest havent got much interest in a bout between him and Hop or Jones at this stage of there careers.Its fairly hollow and late in the day.

Iv watched Hatton for years beat up can after can.Iv watched ****** wrap his career in cotton wool the same way JC`s was and watched him rise through the ranks and get an opportunity on the basis of nothing other than the stupid football fans that were drunk in there droves at the M.E.N.It ****s me off when a bout between him and Witter whould have been made more than 7 years ago and years later Hatton is still full of a myriad of excuses as to why he wont fight Witter and has picked and choosen his way to the top of the pile. The reason is abundantly clear.Hatton was a fighter who stylistically was flawed from the beginning.He was brought along excellently by ****** and given a silver spoon and an easy route to stardom.Its Witters turn and time.For Hatton to deny him this just goes to show the fraud he truly is.

If was interested in the fans he gloats about he would have made the bout already.If he was intersted in being a world champion he wouldnt have defended the WBU so many times and then gloated about being its world titlist.If he was interested in his fans he would have stepped it up and ditched ****** years ago.If he was interested in his fans he wouldnt have fought so many of those dam cab drivers and no name entitys.His just a fighter full of lame excuses and his "fans" lap it up in the bucket load.

Good if that's your reason for hating him fair enough. The only thing I would say about your post is he did get rid of ****** (maybe a bit late,but better late than never) he wanted a World title and got it off of a 140 legend in Tsyzu. If there were more fighters who ditched ****** it would do brittish boxing a lot of good.

Calzaghe might not have had anyone in his division to fight but what stopped him from moving up earlier? he's hardly went looking for the big fights and look how close it came to the fight with Kessler not being made.

Hatton I reckon has made a pretty good career for himself given his ability, and as for the Witter fight I still see that happening.
TAM83 is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2008, 12:38 PM   #72
RICH
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I Started This Thread To View Peoples Opinion About Hatton Vs Cotto I See The Debate Has Shifted Into Something Else I Dont Hate Hatton And I Think Most American Fight Fans Actually Like The Guy. But I Cant Help To Think That Hatton Fans Judge His Skillz With There Hearts. And Anything You Say About Him Is Often Seen As Hate.
RICH is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum