Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 01-26-2008, 09:12 PM   #61
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290
Default Re: Bernard Hopkins v Joe Calzaghe..

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke
It was a good close fight, I had Joe by 4 rounds. It was basically a 2 rd swing and it would have been a draw.

Kessler seemed to think a little too much instead of acting which is why i call him robotish. Given a chance in a rematch he could fair better but as the story goes there isnt a need for it.

Kessler is good but i have a feeling he will suffer a few more loses before his career is over.
Agreed, what surprised me about that fight was when Calzaghe hurt Kessler with a bodyshot and i mean really hurt him, he was so close to dropping, the punch was like a jab/uppercut with leverage to the solar plexus. I think if he ever fights Dawson he will lose by bodyshot KO because Chad throws mean bodyshots

I can't split Calzaghe-Kessler and Taylor-Pavlik for my favourite fights last year, Calzaghe-Kessler had twelve rounds of elite, competitive boxing and the latter for the twists and unexpected drama of seeing Pavlik knocked down and seriously hurt then getting up unfazed to batter Taylor into submission.

Most disappointing fights Mayweather-De La Hoya because Mayweather didn't want to engage and De La Hoya fought dumb, Also the Cotto-Mosley fight, first half all Cotto looking good as if he is on his way to stopping Mosley, second half Mosley outboxes Cotto with Cotto looking like he has no gameplan, surprisingly boring fight that an old Mosley would've won if he wasn't so nervous for the first few rounds, it's like he psyched himself out before he got in the ring and was petrified of Cotto until he realised he had no reason to be scared and started to outbox him. An old pro like Mosley you'd expect to be able to deal with everything mentally in the ring so that was just a disappointing fight for me.
lefty is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2008, 09:52 PM   #62
Subzero
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

I think I can say one thing with confidence: It will be difficult for Joe C. to look good against B-Hop...B-Hop made Winky look bad and Winky is known as a technician in the ring. Look for this one to go the distance.
Subzero is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2008, 10:22 PM   #63
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero
I think I can say one thing with confidence: It will be difficult for Joe C. to look good against B-Hop...B-Hop made Winky look bad and Winky is known as a technician in the ring. Look for this one to go the distance.
That wasn't the usual Winky in the ring though, he was bloated, off balance, loading up on his punches and when he threw his jab it was looping and sloppy and he still nearly won. I think Calzaghe can overwhelm Hopkins and stop him late if Hopkins comes to fight.
lefty is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2008, 05:34 AM   #64
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by THN
My name on the messageboard is th. I don't give a damn about who did and did'nt, the only thing i'm thinking about is the future,
Calzaghe is fighting B Hop, nice name and??????
Hopefully Kessler will continue fighting the best, and "at the end of the day" he will have a better reputation than Calzaghe.
kiss and hugs THN
THN ,Make that a nice name And " Ring" Champ @ L/Heavy , thats where the Calzaghe win over kessler has taken him ,,Intresting to see who Mikkel comeback's against , Bute ? Mundine again ? Calzaghe is doing exactly the same thing now by going into Hopkins back yard trying to take his title ,Ie Travelling .Similar age difference , hope his hands are up to it ......
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2008, 09:34 AM   #65
THN
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 908

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES
THN ,Make that a nice name And " Ring" Champ @ L/Heavy , thats where the Calzaghe win over kessler has taken him ,,Intresting to see who Mikkel comeback's against , Bute ? Mundine again ? Calzaghe is doing exactly the same thing now by going into Hopkins back yard trying to take his title ,Ie Travelling .Similar age difference , hope his hands are up to it ......
Hope he will have better luck than Kessler
THN is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2008, 09:56 AM   #66
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

I think Deram still posts on this site under a diff name, it wont take you guys too long to spot him
teke is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2008, 10:28 AM   #67
THN
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 908

If you referring to me, **** YOU I'm THN
THN is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2008, 10:43 AM   #68
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke
I think Deram still posts on this site under a diff name, it wont take you guys too long to spot him
THN,,/,,,Jan(Dk) who would you like to see Mikkel Fight next ? .....TEKE ive seen some of the things D'Rem was posting pre fight lol i just hope he never put a large Shunt on his lad ,Maybe he had to sell his computer to pay off the bookies Ps is that the real perfect 10 posting on here ? or a wind up ? Regards Josey Wales

Last edited by janitor; 01-14-2007 at 03:08 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:56 AM   #69
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES
THN,,/,,,Jan(Dk) who would you like to see Mikkel Fight next ? .....TEKE ive seen some of the things D'Rem was posting pre fight lol i just hope he never put a large Shunt on his lad ,Maybe he had to sell his computer to pay off the bookies Ps is that the real perfect 10 posting on here ? or a wind up ? Regards Josey Wales
I dont know if its the real Dan Carter but i do know a fair few of the All Blacks are big fight fans.

Seriously I honestly think i know who Deram is and it aint either of the two you just mentioned
teke is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2008, 12:36 PM   #70
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Teke ,Those Ella brothers were useful lads back in the day also ..Do you remember a mate of mine who usd to box down your way a while back Heavy weight Steve Yorath ? Regards Josey wales
Old 01-27-2008, 12:58 PM   #71
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Shit aye the Ella brothers, Wally Lewis said that they were the most natural athletes he had ever played with or seen back in the day. He said any sport they played they were good at.

Dont know the Heavyweight boxer you mentioned, maybe some of the older crew on here does.
teke is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2008, 01:15 PM   #72
safe_pa
Howlin' Mad
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 270

Quote:
Originally Posted by THN
I don't think he is referring to you, You are alot more respectful than deram, you posted before the fight and you didn't run away after the fight.
safe_pa is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2008, 05:30 PM   #73
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-smooth
You DUMB BITCH!!!!!!!!!! You type of fools bring sick drama too the world. Pavlik is the shit and im black.
Pavlik would get spanked by all the champs at 168, whether they be white, black, or even beige.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2008, 09:56 PM   #74
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by THN
I wasnt referring to you ya knob
teke is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum