boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2011, 05:20 AM   #16
The Iron Worm
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: You were doomed as soon as you lost your ability to love.
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
Default Re: The Fruensgaard brothers- the next Klits?

They've made their debuts. Morten won via 2nd round knock out. Kasper got a very disappointing draw.
The Iron Worm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2011, 07:10 AM   #17
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: From Parts Unknown
Posts: 5,136
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Fruensgaard brothers- the next Klits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iron Worm View Post
They've made their debuts. Morten won via 2nd round knock out. Kasper got a very disappointing draw.
Who were the opponents?
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:47 AM   #18
The Iron Worm
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: You were doomed as soon as you lost your ability to love.
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
Default Re: The Fruensgaard brothers- the next Klits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachibatches View Post
Who were the opponents?
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Basically, fighters of an average standard for a debutant.
The Iron Worm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:27 PM   #19
Malden
006
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MI6
Posts: 7,342
vCash: 284988
Default Re: The Fruensgaard brothers- the next Klits?

I was there. They didnt show anything special.

Morten won by KO2 after hitting his opponent on the elbow, which then seemingly went out of place or got broken, as the latvian went down in severe pain and didnt manage to beat the count. He was taken to the hospital afterwards. Morten probably won the first round, by landing more shots, but also took a hard shot to the jaw.

Kaspers tried to make the fight against the latvian, but had trouble landing. Dunecs didnt land much either, and the draw decision was fair I think. I and those I talked with had it a draw as well.

Lots of hugging as well.

Scores were 2x 38-38 and a weird 40-36 for Kasper.

I hope it was the long lay off and debutant nerves that was the main factor.

The other pro fight on the card saw local light middleweight Taus Groetner win a majority decision over the Scotland- based maltese Daniel Micalief.

Groetner had a limited amateur career, and it showed. Micalief, a brawler, was aggressive troughout, but Grotener keep Micalief at bay for most of the fight with a high output of (arm) punches. Groetner tired in the last round, and Micalief got to unload on Groetner for most of the last round, but Groetner weathered the storm and got the the win in his debut by scores of 38-38 and 2x 39-37. I had 39-37 for Groetner as well.

Last edited by Malden; 11-26-2011 at 01:05 PM.
Malden is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:37 PM   #20
The Iron Worm
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: You were doomed as soon as you lost your ability to love.
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
Default Re: The Fruensgaard brothers- the next Klits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malden View Post
I was there. They didnt show anything special.

Morten won by KO2 after hitting his opponent on the elbow, which then seemingly went out of place or got broken, as the latvian went down in severe pain and didnt manage to beat the count. He was taken to the hospital afterwards. Morten probably won the first round, by landing more shots, but also took a hard shot to the jaw.

Kaspers tried to make the fight against the latvian, but had trouble landing. Dunecs didnt land much either, and the draw decision was fair I think. I and those I talked with had it a draw as well.

Lots of hugging as well.

Scores were 2x 38-38 and a weird 40-36 for Kasper.

I hope it was the long lay off and debutant nerves that was the main factor.

The other pro fight on the card saw local light middleweight Taus Groetner win a majority decision over the Scotland- based maltese Daniel Micalief.

Groetner had a limited amateur career, and it showed. Micalief, a brawler, was aggressive troughout, but Grotener keep Micalief at bay for most of the fight with a high output of (arm) punches. Groetner tired in the last round, and Micalief got to unload on Groetner for most of the last round, but Groetner weathered the storm and got the the win in his debut by scores of 38-38 and 2x 39-37. I had 39-37 for Groetner as well.
Cheers for the rundown mate
The Iron Worm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:20 PM   #21
Malden
006
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MI6
Posts: 7,342
vCash: 284988
Default Re: The Fruensgaard brothers- the next Klits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iron Worm View Post
Cheers for the rundown mate
NP

Fights are now up on youtube:


[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA2t-dVxhUM&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No5x7RF-SqA&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxzWqg56DdY&feature=related[/ame]

Malden is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:26 PM   #22
The Iron Worm
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: You were doomed as soon as you lost your ability to love.
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
Default Re: The Fruensgaard brothers- the next Klits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malden View Post
NP

Fights are now up on youtube:


[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Cheers

Morten's jab seems reasonably educated, but at this point he's a poor judge of distance and he tends to chop his right hand instead of extending it. He also needs to learn about angles and his head movement is absolutely non-existent, almost got caught a few times. I like the fact he seemed somewhat composed and didn't go steaming in for a knockout, but he doesn't really look anything special. Could be a useful pro.

I don't know what to say about Kasper, he's got all the same problems as his brother, but is slower and more ponderous, refuses to pump his inaccurate jab, and when he does he's out of range - or perhaps he's using it as a range-finder for his right hand. It certainly isn't a weapon in it's own right. He wings his punches a little. His opponent was awkward and looking to spoil, but I'd have expected adjustments to be made from the 2nd round onwards, and they really weren't.

I'll keep an eye on both of them, but I'm not really expecting much.
The Iron Worm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:07 PM   #23
Malden
006
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MI6
Posts: 7,342
vCash: 284988
Default Re: The Fruensgaard brothers- the next Klits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iron Worm View Post
Cheers

Morten's jab seems reasonably educated, but at this point he's a poor judge of distance and he tends to chop his right hand instead of extending it. He also needs to learn about angles and his head movement is absolutely non-existent, almost got caught a few times. I like the fact he seemed somewhat composed and didn't go steaming in for a knockout, but he doesn't really look anything special. Could be a useful pro.

I don't know what to say about Kasper, he's got all the same problems as his brother, but is slower and more ponderous, refuses to pump his inaccurate jab, and when he does he's out of range - or perhaps he's using it as a range-finder for his right hand. It certainly isn't a weapon in it's own right. He wings his punches a little. His opponent was awkward and looking to spoil, but I'd have expected adjustments to be made from the 2nd round onwards, and they really weren't.

I'll keep an eye on both of them, but I'm not really expecting much.
Glad I could help

I would be very suprised if they even win a euro title

Best fight on the night was actually one of the four amateur fights. And it was between two guys where at least one of them has fought for just over a year
Malden is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:01 AM   #24
SimplyTheBest
Heavyweight Destroyer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Europe
Posts: 3,773
vCash: 2123
Default Re: The Fruensgaard brothers- the next Klits?

These guys will inevitably have to migrate to Germany and have their names changed for marketing value, as the norm.
SimplyTheBest is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015