Condit Sub 1 3.57%
Condit Pts 3 10.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2011, 08:27 AM   #16
Goro
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Who will win the interim gold - Nick DIAZ vs Carlos CONDIT?

Nick Diaz
Goro is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2011, 11:14 AM   #17
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefensiveWiz View Post
No way fitch beats Diaz anywhere.
Yes, he does. Diaz has the takedown defense of a paraplegic and while his guard is dangerous, Fitch's stifling top control would completely nullify his hips leading to yet another dreadfully boring LnP Fitch win.

As for Diaz/Condit, it's a great match-up between two guys who can fight anywhere but I favor Diaz for Mandibular reasons. Both are competent on the ground, Diaz is better, but I doubt either wants to go here nor dominates if it does. Stand-up is where it's really interesting. Diaz is better offensively because he throws better combinations and really mixes it up to the head and body which is rare in MMA but Condit has the better defense, footwork, and one-punch power. I think they engage on the feet, trade shots for two rounds with very little grappling of any sort, and then Condit's Chin wears out before Diaz's.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2011, 11:35 AM   #18
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
Yes, he does. Diaz has the takedown defense of a paraplegic and while his guard is dangerous, Fitch's stifling top control would completely nullify his hips leading to yet another dreadfully boring LnP Fitch win.
I disagree. Fitch is way overrated on here, this myth about him being the welterweight underboss is becoming boring.

He got ****ing tanked by GSP (Jake Shields did better vs Georges), and since then he has beaten a mixture of zero top 5 ww's, one top 10 ww (Alves, since beaten by Story who was since beaten by Kampmann), four non top 10 ww's (Gono, Pierce, Saunders, Thiago) and drew with a past-prime lightweight (Penn).

This does not in any way equate to the undisputed #2 in the division who would dominate everyone except GSP.

Fitch may be a top wrestler like GSP is, but the rest of his game is much weaker. Just because GSP can do something doesn't mean Fitch can. GSP may very well wrestle**** Nick, but that doesn't mean Fitch would as well, as GSP is much better than Fitch. Nick wouldn't have GSP's jab and kicks to concern him against Fitch, using his own jab could keep Fitch off long enough for him to bust Jon up with strikes. That fight would be a hell of a lot more competitive than you're making out.

Nick Diaz is not Ben Saunders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
As for Diaz/Condit, it's a great match-up between two guys who can fight anywhere but I favor Diaz for Mandibular reasons. Both are competent on the ground, Diaz is better, but I doubt either wants to go here nor dominates if it does. Stand-up is where it's really interesting. Diaz is better offensively because he throws better combinations and really mixes it up to the head and body which is rare in MMA but Condit has the better defense, footwork, and one-punch power. I think they engage on the feet, trade shots for two rounds with very little grappling of any sort, and then Condit's Chin wears out before Diaz's.
Your Mandibular Credibility is at an all-time low, after I buried you about 35-4 in our recent Chin vs Chin poll thread (Glass Credibility anyone?), but I agree that Diaz should tough it out to win.
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2011, 11:47 AM   #19
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
I disagree. Fitch is way overrated on here, this myth about him being the welterweight underboss is becoming boring.

He got ****ing tanked by GSP (Jake Shields did better vs Georges), and since then he has beaten a mixture of zero top 5 ww's, one top 10 ww (Alves, since beaten by Story who was since beaten by Kampmann), four non top 10 ww's (Gono, Pierce, Saunders, Thiago) and drew with a past-prime lightweight (Penn).

This does not in any way equate to the undisputed #2 in the division who would dominate everyone except GSP.

Fitch may be a top wrestler like GSP is, but the rest of his game is much weaker. Just because GSP can do something doesn't mean Fitch can. GSP may very well wrestle**** Nick, but that doesn't mean Fitch would as well, as GSP is much better than Fitch. Nick wouldn't have GSP's jab and kicks to concern him against Fitch, using his own jab could keep Fitch off long enough for him to bust Jon up with strikes. That fight would be a hell of a lot more competitive than you're making out.

Nick Diaz is not Ben Saunders.

Your Mandibular Credibility is at an all-time low, after I buried you about 35-4 in our recent Chin vs Chin poll thread (Glass Credibility anyone?), but I agree that Diaz should tough it out to win.
Yes, Fitch would steamroll Diaz and it's common sense. I don't think he's unbeatable apart from GSP but against guys that can't wrestle like Diaz and Condit? Yes, he's pretty much unbeatable because he knows all he can do is wrestle and control position and he doesn't **** with the rest. He can duck one of Diaz's punches, tie up, and then the fight is on the floor. He can shoot from a mile out, grab an ankle pick, and Diaz is on the floor. He'd actually have a harder time with Condit because Condit is nasty in the clinch and Fitch might take damage trying to get it down from that position.

And you didn't bury anyone. Even your fanboy Stoo said that in his opinion prime Chuck wasn't at all far behind Rampage in the Chin department and that sentiment was echoed by nearly all. You feel that Rampage has the better Chin, that is fine. My argument centered around the fact that you have consistently disagreed with Chuck being on an ATG Chin list when it is clear that he had superlative Mandibular Fortitude in his prime. No one agrees with you on that although I will give it to you that more people rate Rampage higher.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2011, 11:52 AM   #20
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.
vCash: 1000

After a stand-up war for about 4 rounds I see Condit taking this to the ground as he is the more hurt fighter & while there being subbed... in reality anything could happen outside of Diaz being submitted but I had to pick an option so Diaz by sub is my pick.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum