Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-12-2011, 08:15 PM   #1
ptm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default What was Brian Villoria's greatest win/performance???

Was it last Saturday against Segura???

His win against Solis was epic as well and the one against Miranda was really great too.
ptm is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2011, 08:42 PM   #2
Borincano
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: What was Brian Villoria's greatest win/performance???

It has to be with last Saturday's performance due to the opponent being number nine p4p. Brian has been around for a long while, but I feel that he does not get the respect he deserves.
Borincano is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2011, 08:54 PM   #3
Atritionist
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borincano View Post
It has to be with last Saturday's performance due to the opponent being number nine p4p. Brian has been around for a long while, but I feel that he does not get the respect he deserves.
I agree 100% Bori. He's been overlooked for a long time.
Atritionist is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2011, 09:04 PM   #4
dodong
>>PACQUIAO<<
East Side VIP

vCash: 115

Against Solis is his greatest win, his career seems to be on the downslide at that time and almost nobody gave him a chance to win.

Greatest performance would be against Segura.
dodong is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2011, 10:52 PM   #5
RobertV77
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Saturday
RobertV77 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2011, 11:47 PM   #6
igor_otsky
Undefeated
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Segura. underrated low-hearted ****er.
igor_otsky is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2011, 12:02 AM   #7
nastynas
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atritionist View Post
I agree 100% Bori. He's been overlooked for a long time.
his own fault, he's been terribly inconsistent. Then right when you write him off...
nastynas is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2011, 12:18 AM   #8
Atritionist
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastynas View Post
his own fault, he's been terribly inconsistent. Then right when you write him off...
Yeah, you do got a point your nastyness. Like when he lost to Carlos Tamara in early 2010.
Atritionist is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2011, 12:26 AM   #9
Spitfire7
Gadfly
ESB Addict

vCash: 750

The Solis fight for me. Archie was one bad mofo, with power, heart, and superb skills to boot. That was one evenly contested fight until Viloria took over on the penultimate round...

BV has all the tools to be ATG, but lacked the consistency that only discipline can bring. Hope the Segura win is a sign of better things to come--a metamorphosis towards the highest of Brian's true potentials.
Spitfire7 is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2011, 12:35 AM   #10
pejevan
inmate No. 1363917
East Side Guru

vCash: 1343

It has to be the solis fight.

Why are people judging it based on how segura fought Ivan Calderon. The calderon fight was like a fight of two fighters 2 -3 divisions apart. It was a bad match-up considering that Ivan Calderon does not have any power whatsoever. Segura just bulldozed Calderon, despite how crude and limited Segura is.

I already stated that it is Viloria by KO. Their talent is miles apart. It was like watching slightly better version Emmanuel Lucero even in the first round.

Brian Viloria has always been heavy handed. His power is above average although not a one-punch KO fighter. And jumping to 112 just did him some good with his shitty stamina.

People are sleeping on BV because of his losses but it seems like he has motivational problems. He seems to fight better as an underdog. Even the Tamara fight, he was winning by miles when he gassed out.

No one really know how the Contreras fight affected him. Almost killing another fighter sometimes makes a fighter trigger-shy.
pejevan is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2011, 12:50 AM   #11
Spitfire7
Gadfly
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejevan View Post
It has to be the solis fight.

Why are people judging it based on how segura fought Ivan Calderon. The calderon fight was like a fight of two fighters 2 -3 divisions apart. It was a bad match-up considering that Ivan Calderon does not have any power whatsoever. Segura just bulldozed Calderon, despite how crude and limited Segura is.

I already stated that it is Viloria by KO. Their talent is miles apart. It was like watching slightly better version Emmanuel Lucero even in the first round.

Brian Viloria has always been heavy handed. His power is above average although not a one-punch KO fighter. And jumping to 112 just did him some good with his shitty stamina.

People are sleeping on BV because of his losses but it seems like he has motivational problems. He seems to fight better as an underdog. Even the Tamara fight, he was winning by miles when he gassed out.

No one really know how the Contreras fight affected him. Almost killing another fighter sometimes makes a fighter trigger-shy.
Good post. IMO, Archie Solis has got to be the best, all-around fighter that BV had faced in his career--one of the top 10 best in the lightest weights that Mexico has ever produced.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:48 PM   #12
ptm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Yeah, I liked the Segura fight but I'm gonna go with Solis. It was his Rocky moment.
ptm is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2011, 07:01 PM   #13
elchivito
master betty
East Side VIP

vCash: 107

Definitely Segura. BV has always been one of my favs and I say Segura because Giovanni as crude as he is was.the favorite to win, powerful puncher, and in his prime. Solis definitely is the more complete fighter, but Gio's time is now got beat by Viloria and BV is a entering what could be the best years of his career if he can ride the momentum. I really hope he achieves his full potential I think he does better when he goes for the ko or counters than when hes gassing out boxing circles around opponents. Can't wait till he fights Chocolatito it will be a mini version of Pryor-Arguello. I pray that one happens.
elchivito is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2011, 08:02 PM   #14
Spitfire7
Gadfly
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchivito View Post
Can't wait till he fights Chocolatito it will be a mini version of Pryor-Arguello. I pray that one happens.
Now, that would be the Fight of the Decade in the lowest divisions! If the Hawaiian Punch can pull it off against Gonzalez, the former should be a lock for ATG status and a top 10 P4P on any self-respecting list.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:36 PM   #15
Gooners2
Archie Solis
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire7 View Post
The Solis fight for me. Archie was one bad mofo, with power, heart, and superb skills to boot. That was one evenly contested fight until Viloria took over on the penultimate round...

BV has all the tools to be ATG, but lacked the consistency that only discipline can bring. Hope the Segura win is a sign of better things to come--a metamorphosis towards the highest of Brian's true potentials.

Still is
Gooners2 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum