Sidious
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Ward V Froch - The headbutts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_President View Post
Easy answer.
How many fights has Ward had, and how many point deduction over all those fights for head butting?
If the answer is zero, I suggest you visit an eye doctor, a shrink, and if you insist of watching boxing, a boxing coach to assist you in understanding the sport.
easy answer.how many fights has Ward had outside his confort zone with neutral referees?if the answer is zero i suggest you visit [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sven_Ottke[/ame]
Sidious is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2011, 02:02 AM   #17
perspicacity
Raising The Bar
ESB Addict

vCash: 185000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidious View Post
easy answer.how many fights has Ward had outside his confort zone with neutral referees?if the answer is zero i suggest you visit [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I cant see how Ward wont use this "tactic" of his, I'm hoping Froch has prepared for it. If Froch can time the leaping jab/butt, then I think he can do serious damage with hooks and uppercuts. If he cant his face is gonna get busted up by Wards head.
perspicacity is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2011, 01:08 PM   #18
HooliganCentral
England Boys.Always First
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellz831 View Post
ah shut the **** up. u guys already have ur excuses ready for when ward beats froch
If Ward had shown the balls to have JUST ONE of his fights away from home, then no one would have any excuses. the fact that he's been allowed to 1) Have the luxury of all his S6 fights at home and 2) To be allowed to use his head so blatantly, speaks volumes.

If Ward wins fair and square then fair play to him, but I think that is highly unlikely
HooliganCentral is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2011, 02:32 PM   #19
somerset
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Reminds me of Sven Ottke. He used to do that, only slower
somerset is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2011, 02:39 PM   #20
AnotherFan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_President View Post
Easy answer.
How many fights has Ward had, and how many point deduction over all those fights for head butting?
If the answer is zero, I suggest you visit an eye doctor, a shrink, and if you insist of watching boxing, a boxing coach to assist you in understanding the sport.
Now you are reasoning like Calzaghe fans when they try to convincve us that he had power by pointing at all his TKO's.

You are sad, really
AnotherFan is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2011, 02:47 PM   #21
KO KIDD
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 835

Depends on the ref and if Froch's camp tells the ref to look for it

if the ref is good he will handle it properly

and if he doesnt I know Froch is capable of fighting and capable of making it uncomfortable for Ward if Ward butts
KO KIDD is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2011, 02:57 PM   #22
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 587

Ward's headbutt is one of the best offensive weapon in the sport today, and I have to respect that because he mastered the art of it, he does it well enough not to be caught. Dirty fighting within the boundries is part of the game.

I would like to see Froch do some rabbit punching and stick his elbow into Ward's nose while Ward is leaping in to nullify Ward's attack.
realsoulja is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2011, 03:02 PM   #23
rayrobinson
Champion
East Side Guru

Would like to see who could win the headbutt challenge between Hopkins and Ward.

That would be a classic of fighters cheating their way through 12 rounds.
rayrobinson is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2011, 03:18 PM   #24
AnotherFan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsoulja View Post
Ward's headbutt is one of the best offensive weapon in the sport today, and I have to respect that because he mastered the art of it, he does it well enough not to be caught. Dirty fighting within the boundries is part of the game.

I would like to see Froch do some rabbit punching and stick his elbow into Ward's nose while Ward is leaping in to nullify Ward's attack.
That would be fun, but Froch lacks Wards highly refined skill in the art of fouling.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:22 PM   #25
AnotherFan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayrobinson View Post
Would like to see who could win the headbutt challenge between Hopkins and Ward.

That would be a classic of fighters cheating their way through 12 rounds.
Ward struggles when his opponents headbutts him back. Sakio Bika softened him up. I think Hopkins could have done him in, if he was a bit younger.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:33 PM   #26
Hitta_Squadup
Beast ***e
ESB Addict

vCash: 5304

You mutha****as sound like hoes gossiping, girl he's just gonnna **** you, cheat and leave but you bitches still give him some *****, if you hate his style, thinks he's a cheater, he's a Jesus freak, hate his nick name, spoiled only fights at home then why the **** do you watch him fight, quit with these crybaby ass excuses, whinning like broads and don't follow his career.

I pray that Andre Ward violently knocks Carl the **** out in round one, there's something negative to say about every fighter....bitch stop hating...
Hitta_Squadup is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2011, 03:39 PM   #27
rayrobinson
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitta_Squadup View Post
You mutha****as sound like hoes gossiping, girl he's just gonnna **** you, cheat and leave but you bitches still give him some *****, if you hate his style, thinks he's a cheater, he's a Jesus freak, hate his nick name, spoiled only fights at home then why the **** do you watch him fight, quit with these crybaby ass excuses, whinning like broads and don't follow his career.

I pray that Andre Ward violently knocks Carl the **** out in round one, there's something negative to say about every fighter....bitch stop hating...
Thank you for that eloquent rebuttal.
rayrobinson is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2011, 03:46 PM   #28
Donnyb
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 215

The big difference now is Kessler was unaware and didnt expect it, Froch knows what is going to happen and its how he deals with it.

Could be a Froch DQ on the cards if he retaliates.

But if Froch is beaten fair and square I will hold my hands up and say well done to Ward.
Donnyb is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #29
keith
ESB OG
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Usually fans WAIT for their fighter to lose before making excuses.

This thread bucks that trend.

Ward could ko Froch with the first punch thrown and Froch fans would be out here claiming he had to watch for the headbutt and thats why he got caught.

Keith
keith is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2011, 04:03 PM   #30
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 355

As well as the headbutts, Ward also hits after the bell, uses the elbows, holds and hits and illegally lays on fighters.
The terrible thing in the Ward/Kessler fight was that Kessler got a warning for head use .

On a seperate subject, I noticed when watching highlights of the Ward/Abraham fight how much Ward winced and looked uncomfy to body shots. Never noticed this when I watched the fight whole
bailey is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum