Old 12-15-2011, 01:13 PM   #31
VARG
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 750
Default Re: Who's a Better inside fighter - Ward or Froch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitta_Squadup View Post
Wait, what facts are you going by that Froch is stronger and tougher, I never understood why some people say that, Ward is as tough as they come and his physical strength is severely underrated, Ward gas not been bullied by anyone not Kessler, Abraham, nor Bika, so where does your logic come from?
Well he was punked around by Bika a bit. He had to somewhat box him. He tried his bullying tactics and you can easily tell it wasn't a comfortable situation for him. He wasn't punked by Kessler because Mikkel was busy worrying about headbutts. And Abraham...well...the man is tiny for SMW. If you look at the comparable difference between Ward's fight with AA and Froch's fight with AA...Ward who is apparently better in technique was tagged on more occasions than Froch was. Froch handled Pascal quite well who in some respects is as wild Bika. Froch's overall grit has branded him a stronger fighter and when **** hits the fan Froch just puts the foot on the gas whereas Ward adjusts accordingly.

Back to the OP. Ward has the better inside game. Hands down. That IS his game. Not the best outside fighter in the least. And with Froch's height and reach advantage, this will expose him bad!

Everyone assumes because Froch looked terrible against Dirrell that Ward will dominate, but forget Ward and Dirrell are two very DIFFERENT fighters of two different SIZES. Ward won't have anywhere near the same success. Froch will win. It won't be easy, but he will win. And keep in mind that both Johnson and Dirrell have respectable pop. Froch is going to pretty much follow a similar blueprint to Abraham and keep him on the outside and break him down with hooks to the body and head.
VARG is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2011, 01:15 PM   #32
VARG
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redondo5 View Post
I think ward is gonna go big to the body of froch. Remember froch was badly hurt to the body against Kessler and went back to his corner in that fight complaining that Kessler hurt him to the body.

Also, wards trainer mentioned, he may have a good chin, but they is more than one way to get the stoppage and other areas they could target. Either he was referring to a body attack or maybe cuts. I think it's the former as they must've seen froch has been hurt to the body.

Ward has better short punches and is better technically. I think ward will do everything in this fight. Fight inside, fight out, have good movement - although I still see iy being a close fight due to froch showing grit to land his punches.
You wanna know the flaw of that...WARD CAN'T PUNCH!

Seriously. Without power, you cannot gain the respect of Carl Froch. This will resemble Calderon/Segura.
VARG is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2011, 01:17 PM   #33
SouthpawJab
On his way up!! 4-0!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 462

Inside fighting isn't what makes Andre great. His timing and accuracy is. He was destroying Kessler from the outside with jabs and lead hooks before he took it to the inside to break him down.

and he's still a much better inside fighter than Froch. He can win the fight outjabbing Froch if he wanted.
SouthpawJab is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2011, 01:19 PM   #34
VARG
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skilletscuz View Post
and anyone who can manhandle Edison Miranda in the inside.... can pretty much manhandle everyone else in the division... including Froch.

Miranda? The guy is short as **** and came from MW. I'm sorry no.

He was punked around by Bika. And that shows you why he has more than one game plan, but neither game plan will work. I'm not trying to build up Froch like he's a worldbeater, but he has the ingredients for Ward's first loss.
VARG is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2011, 01:20 PM   #35
VARG
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawJab View Post
Inside fighting isn't what makes Andre great. His timing and accuracy is. He was destroying Kessler from the outside with jabs and lead hooks before he took it to the inside to break him down.

and he's still a much better inside fighter than Froch. He can win the fight outjabbing Froch if he wanted.
He also destroyed Kessler with headbutts. I think that was the deciding factor in the fight here.
VARG is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2011, 01:42 PM   #36
Bazzel
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Do you even know what an inside fight is? If you did you d know its Ward by a mile
Bazzel is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2011, 01:53 PM   #37
Hitta_Squadup
Beast ***e
ESB Addict

vCash: 5304

Quote:
Originally Posted by VARG View Post
Well he was punked around by Bika a bit. He had to somewhat box him. He tried his bullying tactics and you can easily tell it wasn't a comfortable situation for him. He wasn't punked by Kessler because Mikkel was busy worrying about headbutts. And Abraham...well...the man is tiny for SMW. If you look at the comparable difference between Ward's fight with AA and Froch's fight with AA...Ward who is apparently better in technique was tagged on more occasions than Froch was. Froch handled Pascal quite well who in some respects is as wild Bika. Froch's overall grit has branded him a stronger fighter and when **** hits the fan Froch just puts the foot on the gas whereas Ward adjusts accordingly.

Back to the OP. Ward has the better inside game. Hands down. That IS his game. Not the best outside fighter in the least. And with Froch's height and reach advantage, this will expose him bad!

Everyone assumes because Froch looked terrible against Dirrell that Ward will dominate, but forget Ward and Dirrell are two very DIFFERENT fighters of two different SIZES. Ward won't have anywhere near the same success. Froch will win. It won't be easy, but he will win. And keep in mind that both Johnson and Dirrell have respectable pop. Froch is going to pretty much follow a similar blueprint to Abraham and keep him on the outside and break him down with hooks to the body and head.
Your assessment of this fight isn't very good, you compare the way Froch handling AA as a blueprint to how he will handle Ward its ridiculous, I am one of many who "knew" Dirrell should have won against Froch, Johnson is just an average fighter with 15 losses and comes up short in 99% of his big fights, Glen is slow and predictable but yet was still able to hit Froch with numerous right hands...

Now Ward was not at all "punked" around by Bika, it was just a case of two physically strong fighters who didn't want to give an inch, it was give and take...

It wasn't a physical fight for inside dominance in the Kessler or Abraham fights because that's not either guys style, Kessler a boxer/puncher who likes to operate from the outside working the jab and Abraham is an opportunist who, looks to let you wear yourself out by letting his opponents punch them selves out whole he covers up on defense and he capitalizes on you when you're done punching, he's a mid-range fighter, not necessarily a physically strong fighter, just a strong puncher...

Also Ward was hit more against Abraham because he took more chances than Froch who spent his entire fight with AA on the outside being content to just outbox him, Ward to it inside, mid-range and outside in an attempt to get the KO, he took chances Froch not so much...

And Ward will easily win this fight, taking minimum damage and will hurt Froch bad in the process, you sir need to brush up on your boxing knowledge because at the moment you don't have much..
Hitta_Squadup is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2011, 01:53 PM   #38
fitzgeraldz
And the new
East Side VIP

vCash: 845

Ward is the better inside fighter !!
fitzgeraldz is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2011, 01:56 PM   #39
SouthpawJab
On his way up!! 4-0!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 462

Quote:
Originally Posted by VARG View Post
He also destroyed Kessler with headbutts. I think that was the deciding factor in the fight here.
He hadn't lost a round by the time the first headbutt happened.

Two handed fighter vs a one handed fighter.
SouthpawJab is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2011, 02:27 PM   #40
Two Shakes
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitta_Squadup View Post
Your assessment of this fight isn't very good, you compare the way Froch handling AA as a blueprint to how he will handle Ward its ridiculous, I am one of many who "knew" Dirrell should have won against Froch, Johnson is just an average fighter with 15 losses and comes up short in 99% of his big fights, Glen is slow and predictable but yet was still able to hit Froch with numerous right hands...

Now Ward was not at all "punked" around by Bika, it was just a case of two physically strong fighters who didn't want to give an inch, it was give and take...

It wasn't a physical fight for inside dominance in the Kessler or Abraham fights because that's not either guys style, Kessler a boxer/puncher who likes to operate from the outside working the jab and Abraham is an opportunist who, looks to let you wear yourself out by letting his opponents punch them selves out whole he covers up on defense and he capitalizes on you when you're done punching, he's a mid-range fighter, not necessarily a physically strong fighter, just a strong puncher...

Also Ward was hit more against Abraham because he took more chances than Froch who spent his entire fight with AA on the outside being content to just outbox him, Ward to it inside, mid-range and outside in an attempt to get the KO,
he took chances Froch not so much...

And Ward will easily win this fight, taking minimum damage and will hurt Froch bad in the process, you sir need to brush up on your boxing knowledge because at the moment you don't have much..
The Bika fight was give and take,so how did the judges come up with the scores they did ?

What proof do you have that somebody with questionable punch power and an average KO percentage,was willing to take chances with a noted puncher in order to go for a KO ?

Why are you questioning somebodies boxing knowledge,are you an expert ?
Two Shakes is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2011, 02:30 PM   #41
Boxed Ears
Mirage Athleticism
East Side VIP

vCash: 129

Who's the better inside fighter, Wladimir Klitschko or Bernard Hopkins?
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2011, 02:35 PM   #42
Hitta_Squadup
Beast ***e
ESB Addict

vCash: 5304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Shakes View Post
The Bika fight was give and take,so how did the judges come up with the scores they did ?

What proof do you have that somebody with questionable punch power and an average KO percentage,was willing to take chances with a noted puncher in order to go for a KO ?

Why are you questioning somebodies boxing knowledge,are you an expert ?
Not an expert, but my knowledge is superior to yours and the guy I responded too and when I said give and take I was addressing the physicality of the fight, the rough housing not the outcome of rounds won, your ability to comprehend is also subpar...

And I knew Ward was willing to take chances because "i saw the ****ing fight", not to mention Ward said as much before and after the fight, just because he isn't a huge puncher doesn't mean he can't go for a KO, you are aware that he does have 13 ko's in 24 fights right...

****ing idiot, next time you feel the need to defend someone make sure you have a valid argument...
Hitta_Squadup is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2011, 02:36 PM   #43
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Ward he's one of the best in the sport today at fighting on the inside.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2011, 02:44 PM   #44
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO-KING View Post
If the fight does go on the inside who do you think will have the advantage?

This fight could turn out ugly and be similar to the Ward vs Bika fight.

Initially i thought ward will fight him on the outside and box but looking at more tapes of ward's old fights, I think ward will try to smother froch.

In my opinion if Froch goes aggressive he'l take a close decision, but I think he is going to try to jab with ward and give away too many of the early rounds.

Who has the Advantage on the Inside, Froch or Ward?

Do you think it will be an Inside Fight?
Ward, without a doubt in my view !
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #45
JMP
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I think people will be surprised by Ward's physical strength. His punch isn't much, but the dude is strong.
JMP is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum