Old 01-30-2008, 01:22 PM   #106
Beebs
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1493
Default Re: Punching Strength BOXERS VS MMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarRay
Sorry dude, you are only understanding half the equation (Force = Mass x Acceleration). Strength and Leverage generates Acceleration. To increase Force even further Mass has to be part of it and there is a direct correlation between Force and Mass, which you fail to understand.
Look you stupid mother ****er, I know you have only had 3rd grade science so the only thing you understand is that equation, but ITS NOT THE RIGHT ****ING EQUATION.

The equation you want is
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
What really matters is the transfer of energry from the puncher to the thing getting punched, the impulse.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The way you are thinking of this doesn't take into account the time of impact, a critcally important aspect.

Here is a high school explanation of it, although that might be a bit complicated for you
Beebs is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2008, 02:41 PM   #107
pit
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docgear69
Im sure Rampage is a good puncher, but up there with Big George? No F*cking way!!!!!
There is the possibility that someone on earth that is not a boxer pac a punch more potent then ether Forman or Tyson , this could be the every day joe walking the street , so it is possible but you also have to remember a strong punch does not make you a fighter or be able to take a punch.

Last edited by pit; 01-30-2008 at 04:10 PM.
pit is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 03:18 PM   #108
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 1001

Quote:
Originally Posted by pit
There is the possibility that someone on earth that is not a boxer pac a punch more potent then ether Forman or Tyson , this could be the every day joe walking the street , so it is possible but you also have to remember a strong punch does not make you a fighter of able to take a punch.

sorry if im missing the point pit... but i really dont think any every day joe walking the street could have a harder punch then tyson or foreman...

not because they couldnt possess it, but because tyson and foreman have honed that power since childhood, to be able to punch with that much force, and so even if there was some mega powerful puncher (just for example... lets say ray lewis of the ravens packed the best punch ever known) i dont think it would compare to tysons or georges because of how they have built that up over time and the training theyve done... so although his punching power could have exceeded theirs had that been his path in life, it doesnt because it wasnt....

you think so or no?
kirk is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 03:22 PM   #109
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebs
Look you stupid mother ****er, I know you have only had 3rd grade science so the only thing you understand is that equation, but ITS NOT THE RIGHT ****ING EQUATION.

The equation you want is
What really matters is the transfer of energry from the puncher to the thing getting punched, the impulse.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The way you are thinking of this doesn't take into account the time of impact, a critcally important aspect.

Here is a high school explanation of it, although that might be a bit complicated for you
thats very interesting... thank you
kirk is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 03:30 PM   #110
Punisher33
Champion
East Side Guru

The majority of MMA guys have horrible punching technique, which probably limits the speed or force at which they could generate into there punch. I wish FSN would show both a top puncher in MMA and a top puncher in boxing hitting the heavybag, the difference between the 2 would be an eye opening experience. You would not only see that the boxer is much more skilled, but you will also see how much faster and more powerful a boxer truly is.
Punisher33 is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 03:53 PM   #111
Sebastien
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk
done talking to ya man... your a complete moron

Bare knuckle fighters didn't throw many punches because they'd easily injure their hands.

They had to aim for the soft spots of the head (temple, jaw, nose, etc.) and avoid the forehead and other hard parts.

You would never see any sane bare knuckle fighter throwing 4-5 punch combos the way Tyson did back then or the way Ali was throwing them at an incoming Frazier.

They would have destroyed their knuckles had they done so.

So yes, it made for longer, more tactical fights. I wouldn't say boring, just different.
Sebastien is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 04:18 PM   #112
pit
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

sorry if im missing the point pit... but i really dont think any every day joe walking the street could have a harder punch then tyson or foreman...

not because they couldnt possess it, but because tyson and foreman have honed that power since childhood, to be able to punch with that much force, and so even if there was some mega powerful puncher (just for example... lets say ray lewis of the ravens packed the best punch ever known) i dont think it would compare to tysons or georges because of how they have built that up over time and the training theyve done... so although his punching power could have exceeded theirs had that been his path in life, it doesnt because it wasnt....

you think so or no?
No Problem

But sure there is !! some where out there is a guy who pac one hell of a punch but has no desire to box or fight , it is entirely possible.

Think about how many naturally strong people there are out there who never played a sport in there entire life or even lifted a single weight but have the natural, untapped, untrained potential . Remember if it weren't for cus Mike Tyson would have been one of these every day Joes walking the street with untapped potential, and if I remember correctly Forman started boxing after he turned 17 , mike at age 14 or 15 ..

So these people do exists , they just have other interest ..
pit is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 04:25 PM   #113
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastien
Bare knuckle fighters didn't throw many punches because they'd easily injure their hands.

They had to aim for the soft spots of the head (temple, jaw, nose, etc.) and avoid the forehead and other hard parts.

You would never see any sane bare knuckle fighter throwing 4-5 punch combos the way Tyson did back then or the way Ali was throwing them at an incoming Frazier.

They would have destroyed their knuckles had they done so.

So yes, it made for longer, more tactical fights. I wouldn't say boring, just different.
i understand that... but my problem with him is 1) he is a moron... its obvious in his posts 2) he cant process information and facts given to him 3) he says they plodded around for a few rounds (when the fights often went into the 40 round range

and also... bareknuckle was just an example, how bout joe walcott in 1910? or the picture of the SPARRING gloves i put.... they were hit repeadadly with gloves as hard and about as little as mma gloves... and they werent getting knocked out by every power punch that landed...

id be willing to bet that in most of the old day championship bouts, they were hit with plenty of hard shots throughout the fight in the same manner that a lot of these ufc champs got hit, and they went on to win.

It comes down to the FACT that in mma you dont NEED to have good punch resistance to reach the top, so a top mma fighter could have major chin problems when hit with a real good shot.... there are mma guys out there with fine chins... but the field is much much worse then boxing, and thats because in boxing, to even have mild success, you need a base level of punch resistance to get there... so basically everyone we ever see at the elite or world class level HAS superior punch resistance, or they wouldnt have gotten there.

its very simple...
kirk is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 04:29 PM   #114
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pit
No Problem

But sure there is !! some where out there is a guy who pac one hell of a punch but has no desire to box or fight , it is entirely possible.

Think about how many naturally strong people there are out there who never played a sport in there entire life or even lifted a single weight but have the natural, untapped, untrained potential . Remember if it weren't for cus Mike Tyson would have been one of these every day Joes walking the street with untapped potential, and if I remember correctly Forman started boxing after he turned 17 , mike at age 14 or 15 ..

So these people do exists , they just have other interest ..
Yes... i do understand... but, he wouldnt have punched as hard without that training you see. A tyson who had never entered a boxing gym does not hit as hard as a 25 year old tyson with 10 years punching training...

so even if there are supreme punches out there... i dont think their punch would equal tysons or foremans because they wouldnt have the ability to deliver the punch to equal their power, nor the primary muscles developed that years of training with medicine balls, mitts, heavybag and repetative punching does...

just imo...
kirk is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 05:20 PM   #115
pit
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Yes... i do understand... but, he wouldnt have punched as hard without that training you see. A tyson who had never entered a boxing gym does not hit as hard as a 25 year old tyson with 10 years punching training...

so even if there are supreme punches out there... i dont think their punch would equal tysons or foremans because they wouldnt have the ability to deliver the punch to equal their power, nor the primary muscles developed that years of training with medicine balls, mitts, heavybag and repetative punching does...

just imo...

I feel ya
pit is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 06:25 PM   #116
SugarRay
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:

The equation you want is

So, all you can do is resort to name calling? Look who the real stupid one is. Furthermore, you have proven your ignorance and lack of understanding by stating the Impulse equation. Look what's critical in the equation... Mass. You have no understanding of it at all. Please seek help and finish school. Let me educate you further. If you want to punch harder put your weight behind your punches...why? Answer lies in my posts that I've been trying to get into your thick head.
SugarRay is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 07:04 PM   #117
Beebs
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
So, all you can do is resort to name calling? Look who the real stupid one is. Furthermore, you have proven your ignorance and lack of understanding by stating the Impulse equation. Look what's critical in the equation... Mass. You have no understanding of it at all. Please seek help and finish school. Let me educate you further. If you want to punch harder put your weight behind your punches...why? Answer lies in my posts that I've been trying to get into your thick head.
Honestly, you might be retarded.

Read the information I posted, it makes it very clear.
Beebs is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 07:56 PM   #118
SugarRay
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Honestly, you might be retarded.

Read the information I posted, it makes it very clear.
I think you're the retard here. I don't disagree with strength and leverage creating Acceleration but this means nothing without Mass. Something that school kids understand but, you have continually to failed to. For your information Force, Impulse, Power, Pressure and Energy all have one thing in common... Mass. If you fail to accept then there is no point in me trying to educate you. Peace.
SugarRay is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 08:10 PM   #119
Beebs
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I think you're the retard here. I don't disagree with strength and leverage creating Acceleration but this means nothing without Mass. Something that school kids understand but, you have continually to failed to. For your information Force, Impulse, Power, Pressure and Energy all have one thing in common... Mass. If you fail to accept then there is no point in me trying to educate you. Peace.
Yes, mass is important, butr how much heavier is a heavyweights fist than a lightweights? Its the weight of the FIST, not of the motionless body. It is not the determining factor in power punching, speed and time of impact are.

Again, you don't punch any harder while wearing a weighted vest, which a Sumo wrestler does in the form of fat. Heavyweights don't hit harder simply from weighing more, its the benefits of functional lean body mass that add to punching power.
Beebs is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 09:05 PM   #120
Ethan Trims
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
i understand that... but my problem with him is 1) he is a moron... its obvious in his posts 2) he cant process information and facts given to him 3) he says they plodded around for a few rounds (when the fights often went into the 40 round range

and also... bareknuckle was just an example, how bout joe walcott in 1910? or the picture of the SPARRING gloves i put.... they were hit repeadadly with gloves as hard and about as little as mma gloves... and they werent getting knocked out by every power punch that landed...

id be willing to bet that in most of the old day championship bouts, they were hit with plenty of hard shots throughout the fight in the same manner that a lot of these ufc champs got hit, and they went on to win.

It comes down to the FACT that in mma you dont NEED to have good punch resistance to reach the top, so a top mma fighter could have major chin problems when hit with a real good shot.... there are mma guys out there with fine chins... but the field is much much worse then boxing, and thats because in boxing, to even have mild success, you need a base level of punch resistance to get there... so basically everyone we ever see at the elite or world class level HAS superior punch resistance, or they wouldnt have gotten there.

its very simple...
You sound like a rejected female.

Me calling you stupid kind of dug in deep didnt it?
Ethan Trims is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum