Tommy Hearns 29 96.67%
Wladimir Kiltschko 1 3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-31-2008, 06:56 AM   #16
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who has pound for pound the hardest right hand, Tommy Hearns or Wladimir Klitschk

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicksouthpaw16
I have been meaning to ask this question for a good while and its a hard question. Both fighters are brilliant pure boxers that can score knockouts with one right hand. Tough one to call. What do you think?
It depends on Hearns Weight. Hearns had a better pound for pound punch at welter, but once we move up to middle its a bout even. If Hearns is a light heavy, then Wlad hits harder pound for pound.

The jump from welter to middle seems to take off pound for pound power in many fighter. Trindad comes to mind.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2008, 07:07 AM   #17
ChrisPontius
March 8th, 1971
East Side Guru

vCash: 238
Default Re: Who has pound for pound the hardest right hand, Tommy Hearns or Wladimir Klitschk

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicksouthpaw16
The reason why i am leaning towards Hearns as well is because he has knocked out fighters with grandite chins with a single shot, such as Duran and Cuevas.
Well he didn't exactly knock out Cuevas with one right hand. I think he landed more than ten flush before the KO. It was a great KO nonetheless of course, and i'd say pound for pound his right hand is better, especially considering Hearns is as big as his opponents (at 147/154) while Wlad still has a size advantage over most of his heavyweight opponents, although it should be noted that McCline and Austin both were stopped for the first times in their careers by him, despite being just as big.
ChrisPontius is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 07:29 AM   #18
fists of fury
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1887

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnThomas1
I don't think Hagler took quite the full leverage 100% shot poor Roberto did. The punch is absolutely clinical and perfectly flush. Hearns can't fire a better shot IMO.
True. Hagler received a meaty right hand from Hearns no doubt, but Hearns hit Roberto harder, imo.
fists of fury is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 08:07 AM   #19
slicksouthpaw16
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Who has pound for pound the hardest right hand, Tommy Hearns or Wladimir Klitschko?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
17 votes for Tommy, 0 for Wlad. Maybe your bias for Wlad needs a little re-thinking, as this was not even close.
Huh? I am not even a fan of Wlad, plus i picked Hearns. I asked because both of these fighters has one punch knockout power in thier right hand and would make a pretty decent discussion.
slicksouthpaw16 is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 08:12 AM   #20
slicksouthpaw16
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPontius
Well he didn't exactly knock out Cuevas with one right hand. I think he landed more than ten flush before the KO. It was a great KO nonetheless of course, and i'd say pound for pound his right hand is better, especially considering Hearns is as big as his opponents (at 147/154) while Wlad still has a size advantage over most of his heavyweight opponents, although it should be noted that McCline and Austin both were stopped for the first times in their careers by him, despite being just as big.
I agree with your overall point. Although the shot that really knocked Cuevas out was the 2 right hands in the second round. In the first round, Cuevas was on the defensive and was not really taking many flush shots.
slicksouthpaw16 is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 12:26 PM   #21
Marciano Frazier
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPontius
Wlad still has a size advantage over most of his heavyweight opponents, although it should be noted that McCline and Austin both were stopped for the first times in their careers by him, despite being just as big.
No, actually, McCline was knocked out in one round in his second pro fight.
Marciano Frazier is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 12:54 PM   #22
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Default Re: Who has pound for pound the hardest right hand, Tommy Hearns or Wladimir Klitschko?

Easily Hearns

Klitschko's right hand is the hardest punch in the division right now, but he doesn't put guys to sleep early with one right hand the way Hearns did. Klitschko is more of an accumulation puncher than a true one-punch KO artist.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum