Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 12-22-2011, 06:13 AM   #1
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177
Default Big Nog can **** off with his excuse-making.

From his official website:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Nog
“Last Saturday I fought and lost via submission for the first time in my career; it was a bad feeling, but it’s part of the sport. Everything that happens in a fight is quick and the fighter acts most based on his instincts and reflexes than [what's] on his mind. I knew I made a mistake as I tried to submit [my opponent] on a fight where I could have won by KO,” Nogueira wrote. “But when Frank Mir was practically knocked out I heard the referee tell me to stop punching him at the neck and that is when I tried to choke him. Mir put himself together and must be congratulated for submitting me. I checked the videos and I wasn’t hitting him on the neck, but on Mir’s side of the head, which is allowed.”

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2011, 06:21 AM   #2
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Big Nog can **** off with his excuse-making.

Stoo is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2011, 06:32 AM   #3
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Go back and watch the tape. I did after reading that quote.

Herb Dean doesn't say anything about Mir's neck. Very clearly he twice says "Don't hit the back of the head", and Nog is full of shit when he says he was hitting only to the side of the head. He clearly landed 4 or 5 shots to the back of the head, which drew two verbal warnings and rightly so.

I like Nog but that is a bullshit quote. He mouths the words of giving Mir respect, but in the same breath he disrespects the man who stopped him twice by blaming something else.

Okay a staph infection is certainly a serious thing but you still stepped into the cage, so STFU because the loss counts. Even though we can forgive a little bitching about how you weren't at your best.

Saying that you only got submitted and had your arm broken because Herb Dean ****ed you and otherwise you would have won for sure, that's not a respectful way to conduct yourself.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:34 AM   #4
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Stoo is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2011, 06:35 AM   #5
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Whatever man, Nog is perfect and above even the slightest criticism, great argument you make there with your two smileys.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:41 AM   #6
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Nog lost fair and square, go find me a quote from myself where Ive argued otherwise

The smiley's was a response to your blatant attempts at another bait and switch thread where you can shit on PRIDE fighters, which your intelligent to know will draw an indignant response from the usual suspects
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2011, 06:50 AM   #7
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Nog lost fair and square, go find me a quote from myself where Ive argued otherwise

The smiley's was a response to your blatant attempts at another bait and switch thread where you can shit on PRIDE fighters, which your intelligent to know will draw an indignant response from the usual suspects
I like Big Nog. I respected the way he interacted with his guys on TUF, and I respect his legacy as one of the sport's true greats. I've never talked a word of shit on him until now.

I don't like his habit of excuse making.

You can call me a PRIDE hater, but I'm not. I'm just not a PRIDE fanboy.

This quote of Nog's is bullshit excuse-making. I was disappointed to read it. It's okay to acknowledge that it doesn't read well. You can say that Nog shouldn't have posted this and that doesn't mean that you've betrayed him or PRIDE.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:57 AM   #8
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I just think you are being a tad to harsh on Big Nog just for the sake of an argument tbh Haggis. You last sentence is proof this thread is designed as some sort of bait. Please show me bit of respect, and dont put patronising words into my mouth

The question of why Nog went for the sub is legitimate, go back and check the rbr on here and people were asking the same question. He was asked, and he answered.

Nice Brock's got a baddy tum tum thread btw, what is that now, you 4th on the subject. And you even managed to shoe horn Chael in there aswell
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2011, 07:01 AM   #9
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
I just think you are being a tad to harsh on Big Nog just for the sake of an argument tbh Haggis. You last sentence is proof this thread is designed as some sort of bait. Please show me bit of respect, and dont put patronising words into my mouth

The question of why Nog went for the sub is legitimate, go back and check the rbr on here and people were asking the same question. He was asked, and he answered.
The question of why Nog went for the sub is legitimate. Certainly agreed there.

Posting a statement on your website more than a week later where you complain that you went for the sub only because the ref told you to cease with your perfectly legal strikes, when the plain fact is that the warnings were appropriately delivered for repeated illegal strikes, that is not legitimate.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:05 AM   #10
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Fighters make excuses, big deal. Anyone watching know's Nog gave Mir that split second opening he thrives on whilst on the mat

I guess at his age and experience, professional pride leads him to justify why to himself
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2011, 07:10 AM   #11
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Fighters make excuses, big deal. Anyone watching know's Nog gave Mir that split second opening he thrives on whilst on the mat

I guess at his age and experience, professional pride leads him to justify why to himself
At his age and experience, he should know better than to try to throw the referee under the bus when in fact that referee performed his job well. When Nog says that he looked at the footage and it shows that he only landed punches to the side of Mir's head, he is flat out lying and causing harm to Dean's reputation.

It's not the excuse in and of itself that is the problem. You are right, fighters make excuses.

It's trying to pin the loss on Herb Dean ****ing him with bad instructions, when in fact Dean did nothing wrong. That's bullshit, it's not a standard excuse, and Nog should know better.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:04 AM   #12
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

This excuse is what will allow him to mentally carry on. Even though it probably is BS.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2011, 08:10 AM   #13
mckay_89
Haw you!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1065

Quite poor from Nog.
mckay_89 is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2011, 09:05 AM   #14
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

I love how idiots love Chael for telling it like it is, when he is actually telling you how it isn't. Then you turn around and hate on Nog for telling you what happened. I guess some people hate the truth.

Nogueira doesn't speak English all that well. The ref told him to stop hitting behind the head. Nog said neck instead. Big ****ing deal. The ref did warn Nogueira for shots most people get away with. Nogueira went for a sub when he should have gone for the knock out.

I guess Nogueira should just proclaim himself the winner of the fight, call himself the uncrowned champion, and tell the world how scared Mir is of him. Then make up some story about how he would break into Mir's house and do something gangster to him. Follow it up with some ethnocentric remarks about Brazilians, and make fun of Mir for being an American. That way Nog could be loved by Haggis the Jack Ass.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2011, 09:08 AM   #15
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
I love how idiots love Chael for telling it like it is, when he is actually telling you how it isn't. Then you turn around and hate on Nog for telling you what happened. I guess some people hate the truth.

Nogueira doesn't speak English all that well. The ref told him to stop hitting behind the head. Nog said neck instead. Big ****ing deal. The ref did warn Nogueira for shots most people get away with. Nogueira went for a sub when he should have gone for the knock out.

I guess Nogueira should just proclaim himself the winner of the fight, call himself the uncrowned champion, and tell the world how scared Mir is of him. Then make up some story about how he would break into Mir's house and do something gangster to him. Follow it up with some ethnocentric remarks about Brazilians, and make fun of Mir for being an American. That way Nog could be loved by Haggis the Jack Ass.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Stoo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum