Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-31-2008, 01:39 PM   #76
Punisher33
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ring Magazines top 10 heavyweights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shpion
I understand your aliance towards Peter and I respect it but following your logic Povetkin should be ranked higher then. After all, Povetkin dominated both Byrd and Donald who beat Holy and beat Chambers who held a victory over Brock (who beat McCline).

The only fight Peter gained a lot of credit from me was his losing effort against a timid Klitschko. However, his fiasco with McCline totally overshadowed that effort. That being said, I hope he can redeem himself against Maskaev and KO him.
I see your logic as well, Donald, Bryd, and Chambers might be a notch better than Mccline, and Toney 2x. The only reason I would rank Peter ahead Povetkin is the fact he has almost double the wins, added with the fact he gave such a good effort against Wlad, I feel earns him the 3 spot IMO.
Punisher33 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2008, 02:52 PM   #77
Punisher33
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmy
Nah, Peter never can be ranked above Chagaev right now. That doesnīt mean Peter couldnīt beat Chagaev, but the Russian got legit wins over Ruiz, Valuev, Virchis and Sprott while Peter lost vs. Klitschko, Toney and Mccline.
Peter beat both Toney and Mccline, anybody that watched the Mccline fight knows Peter came back from his knockdowns to win that fight quite easily, I had the first Toney fight a draw myself, that one was very close. Look at Chagaev, I know some people who thought Ruiz and Valuev beat Chageav, wasnt one fight a split and the other a majority win for him? Sprott sucks, and Virchis is unproven one-dimensional fighter. It seems like Chagaev hasnt a dominate performance at the top ranks as well, all his big fights end in close decisions. I do feel however that Chagaev should be ranked ahead of Peter, but if Peter beats Maskaev in March, he then should easily take the 2 spot.
Punisher33 is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 02:52 PM   #78
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by northend
The russians have taken over the heavyweights completely in the rankings it seems.

WLADIMIR KLITSCHKO

SAMUEL PETER

RUSLAN CHAGAEV

OLEG MASKAEV

NICOLAY VALUEV

SULTAN IBRAGIMOV

ALEXANDER POVETKIN

VLADIMIR VIRCHIS

TONY THOMPSON

SERGEI LIAKHOVICH
Maskaev ought to drop lower and so should Chagaev. And Virchis doesn't belong period, neither does Liakhovich, who's been absent since getting KTFO by Briggs.
Amsterdam is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum