Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 12-22-2011, 05:35 PM   #16
Count Pacula
Cashweight Thrillionaire
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Are people still interested in seeing Fedor fight in the UFC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
On one hand I think it'd be quite sad to see such a great reduced to going to war with guys he'd have crushed in his prime
Not so sure about that. Fedor was not unbeatable, even in his prime, although he was great. He struggled more than a few times and came close to losing to Lindland, Fujita, Hunt, and Choi (big but below avg skills). Randleman nearly ended his career but credit goes to Fedor for surviving that insane suplex. If Fedor went on a steak of dominating guys like Jon Jones has been doing, then yes, I would agree that Fedor appeared invincible.

As for Fedor in the UFC, why not? Kimbo got a shot didn't he? It's a win-win for Fedor. If he overachieves then he has a ton of reasons to be proud. If he's content with fighting unknown cans in Japan or Russia that's fine but it's not going to enhance his legacy.
Count Pacula is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2011, 05:43 PM   #17
Anarchy99
Babalu will KILL You!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 441

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beaver View Post
I'm very interested, love to see him suffer devastating defeats at the hands of UFC gatekeepers.......... Frank Mir arm bar anyone
Yea that Sambo bullshit would get proven as a myth vs Mir.
Anarchy99 is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2011, 06:30 PM   #18
zarman

vCash:

I do, bring on Mir / Fedor anyday
Old 12-22-2011, 07:25 PM   #19
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Pacula View Post
Not so sure about that. Fedor was not unbeatable, even in his prime, although he was great. He struggled more than a few times and came close to losing to Lindland, Fujita, Hunt, and Choi (big but below avg skills). Randleman nearly ended his career but credit goes to Fedor for surviving that insane suplex. If Fedor went on a steak of dominating guys like Jon Jones has been doing, then yes, I would agree that Fedor appeared invincible.

As for Fedor in the UFC, why not? Kimbo got a shot didn't he? It's a win-win for Fedor. If he overachieves then he has a ton of reasons to be proud. If he's content with fighting unknown cans in Japan or Russia that's fine but it's not going to enhance his legacy.

30 tried, 30 failed

if Fedor was a giant with massive physical advantages who steamrolled through those 30 opponents without being in danger (the way Anderson and Bones have been doing in their woefully inadequate weight division), then he wouldnt have the aura or respect he has now

He was a fat light heavyweight who constantly fought the best (often much) bigger guys around and beat them all at their own game, at times coming back from hell to do it

How many times have Anderson GSP or Bones taken on top notch guys who are far bigger than they are?

How many times have you seen Anderson GSP or Bones daring to challenge these guys at their own game?

BJ Penn is arguably a top 5 All Time p4p fighter. He had the balls to try what Anderson and GSP didnt - and Fedor made a career out of - that is trying their skill our against bigger guys - and look how that went

Fedor is finished. No Fedor fan should want to see him in the UFC as that guy is gone
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2011, 07:48 PM   #20
the beaver
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beouche View Post
30 tried, 30 failed

if Fedor was a giant with massive physical advantages who steamrolled through those 30 opponents without being in danger (the way Anderson and Bones have been doing in their woefully inadequate weight division), then he wouldnt have the aura or respect he has now

He was a fat light heavyweight who constantly fought the best (often much) bigger guys around and beat them all at their own game, at times coming back from hell to do it

How many times have Anderson GSP or Bones taken on top notch guys who are far bigger than they are?

How many times have you seen Anderson GSP or Bones daring to challenge these guys at their own game?

BJ Penn is arguably a top 5 All Time p4p fighter. He had the balls to try what Anderson and GSP didnt - and Fedor made a career out of - that is trying their skill our against bigger guys - and look how that went

Fedor is finished. No Fedor fan should want to see him in the UFC as that guy is gone

Because weight classes don't allow that to happen....... HW is no limits, if Fedor choose that division, doesn't mean we have to reward him for doing so............ on the flip side, how many HW are overweight and out of condition?
the beaver is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2011, 07:51 PM   #21
Beekeeper
Bedtime Story, Aoki Style
ESB Addict

vCash: 277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Pacula View Post

Um...he did actually, for a longer than these UFC guys

I would be curious at which point he was in danger of losing the HMC, Lindland and Hunt? By your definition Jake Shields nearly ended GSPs career.
Beekeeper is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2011, 08:12 PM   #22
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Quote:
Because weight classes don't allow that to happen....... HW is no limits, if Fedor choose that division, doesn't mean we have to reward him for doing so............ on the flip side, how many HW are overweight and out of condition?

Retarded beaver. They could move up weight class no?
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2011, 08:15 PM   #23
Beekeeper
ESB Addict

Quote:
Don't waste your time with these trolls, they cannot even troll in any kind of interesting way.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:16 PM   #24
the beaver
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

What, to prove themselves to you................. btw - Jones is still young and will fight HW within 18 months.

This is not boxing, the weight classes are greater therfore it's like skipping 2 or 3 boxing weight classess
Old 12-22-2011, 08:17 PM   #25
the beaver
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beekeeper View Post
Don't waste your time with these trolls, they cannot even troll in any kind of interesting way.
Weren't u suppose to have ****ed off from the MMA forum
Old 12-22-2011, 08:24 PM   #26
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beekeeper View Post

I know bro, but i cant get to sleep

Quote:
What, to prove themselves to you................. btw - Jones is still young and will fight HW within 18 months.

No. To see if they can do what Fedor did
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2011, 08:26 PM   #27
Beekeeper
ESB Addict

Quote:
Weren't u suppose to have ****ed off from the MMA forum
This is news to me
Old 12-22-2011, 08:44 PM   #28
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

I'm not interested to see him.

I would be very excited to see a motivated, well-conditioned 35 year old Fedor who was interested in continually working hard to refine his skillset in acknowledgement of a rapidly-evolving sport.

35 year old Fedor versus 24 year old Jones could have been a fight for the ages. Could Fedor have cut to 205? I don't think it's out of the question if he had worked hard to shed the excess weight.

This crude brawler of the last few years who wades into his opponents winging wild clubbing punches, who has no fightplan at all and who pays zero regard to anything his opponent is doing or could do? No interest in seeing that guy.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2011, 08:55 PM   #29
James23
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1218

I wouldn't mind it too much, I guess, but without a doubt not even remotely close to as much as I would have wanted to see him immediately post-PFC.

I think he could win some fights, for sure, but it gets questionable once you start to hit the upper teir of skilled fighters near the top of the division.
James23 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum