Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2011, 07:23 PM   #16
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,589
vCash: 500
Default Re: My love for MMA is being really tested by Overeem, Sonnen, and the UFC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ldn View Post
Can someone explain to me why steroids are illegal. I would love to see some absolutely roided up beasts battling, its the same in athletics why not see if with science we can get a man to run 100m in 5 seconds and swim faster than a shark?
Because they **** people's bodies up.
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2011, 07:33 PM   #17
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,912
vCash: 500
Default Re: My love for MMA is being really tested by Overeem, Sonnen, and the UFC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ldn View Post
Can someone explain to me why steroids are illegal. I would love to see some absolutely roided up beasts battling, its the same in athletics why not see if with science we can get a man to run 100m in 5 seconds and swim faster than a shark?


It would be interesting to see just what humans could achieve while amped up

The problem doing it in soprts is it gives one party a massive unfair advantage

Either everyone does it, or no one does it, and for some reason just now no one is allowed to do it
Beouche is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:44 PM   #18
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NSW via Leeds/London
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 1885
Default Re: My love for MMA is being really tested by Overeem, Sonnen, and the UFC.

Yeah of course but in all fairness these guys are FIGHTING for a living and there must be some that are better/worse for you aswell as banned substances that can help you for example weed grown with low THC content.

Definitely it would be interesting to see what we could achieve if we had scientists researching it like they used to.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:49 PM   #19
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,912
vCash: 500
Default Re: My love for MMA is being really tested by Overeem, Sonnen, and the UFC.

this has given me an idea for a new thread....
Beouche is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:55 PM   #20
afterglow
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 691
vCash: 500
Default Re: My love for MMA is being really tested by Overeem, Sonnen, and the UFC.

RJJ, Mosley, Toney, and Holyfield are all gonna be in the hall of fame, and all of them are cheaters.

Shouldn't the op say the same thing about boxing.
afterglow is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:58 PM   #21
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 5,456
vCash: 553
Default Re: My love for MMA is being really tested by Overeem, Sonnen, and the UFC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Cooling View Post
That doesn't even make sense.

I can't command fighters drugs test.

Nor can commissions unless its their signed to fight in their state.

The only organisation that can is the UFC. They can make coopeating with the drugs testing regime part of every fighters contract. And they can enforce the suspensions.
The UFC contracts were already signed, and to be honest you haven't read them.

The NSAC enforces the drug related suspensions. I haven't read a NSAC contract myself, but Overeem never had one until he tested positive. The only reason The UFC suspended Chris Leben for drugs was because they had to conduct their own drug tests in England.

Like I said, it's nothing you can control sitting at home. You want change? Join the NSAC or The UFC and work your way up, suggesting that they use an outside agency from now on that you yourself trust.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:59 PM   #22
El Bujia
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The dirty dirty.
Posts: 5,371
vCash: 500
Default Re: My love for MMA is being really tested by Overeem, Sonnen, and the UFC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty lll View Post
Innocent until proving guilty. I'm a bit biased when it comes to Overeem because I like the guy so much but I really don't think he juices.
I want him to fight Lesnar just as much as the next guy, but gimme a break. Hellen Keller could hear that syringe being plopped into his ass.
El Bujia is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:12 PM   #23
Thom
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,804
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My love for MMA is being really tested by Overeem, Sonnen, and the UFC.

I'm really not sure what your issue with Overeem is. He's going to be tested a total of four times in the month surrounding the fight. The NSAC actually has him under intense scrutiny.
Thom is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:23 PM   #24
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,589
vCash: 500
Default Re: My love for MMA is being really tested by Overeem, Sonnen, and the UFC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
The UFC contracts were already signed, and to be honest you haven't read them.

The NSAC enforces the drug related suspensions. I haven't read a NSAC contract myself, but Overeem never had one until he tested positive. The only reason The UFC suspended Chris Leben for drugs was because they had to conduct their own drug tests in England.

Like I said, it's nothing you can control sitting at home. You want change? Join the NSAC or The UFC and work your way up, suggesting that they use an outside agency from now on that you yourself trust.
This is a ****ing retarded straw man.

I never said I could change things, so arguing that I can't is ****ing irrelevant.

I said the UFC should change their ways. And they should. For their own sake. Its all right handing behind the commissions but no-one's going after the commissions if this all blows up one day. Do you realise the UFC was three minutes away from having successive new champions in Shane Carwin and Chael Sonnen have their title victories marred or overturn by the issue of steroids? Instead of learning that lesson they've actually backslided on their previously admirable stance on drugs testing.
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:25 PM   #25
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,589
vCash: 500
Default Re: My love for MMA is being really tested by Overeem, Sonnen, and the UFC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom View Post
I'm really not sure what your issue with Overeem is. He's going to be tested a total of four times in the month surrounding the fight. The NSAC actually has him under intense scrutiny.
what part of HE TOOK TWENTY-SEVEN DAYS TO TAKE A TEST FOR SOMETHING THA CAN CLEAR THE SYSTEM IN TEN DAYS do you not understand.

Its like a parent catching a child wanking. Dad walks in without knocking he catches his son in the act. Dad knocks and gives the son a split second, the kid has a chance to hide the evidence. Dad knocks and waits twenty minutes the son has more than enough time to hide the evidence and look like he was watching bloomberg.
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:55 PM   #26
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,171
vCash: 100
Default Re: My love for MMA is being really tested by Overeem, Sonnen, and the UFC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
That's a strange p-o-v. So if a retired fighter comes out and admits he roided through his whole career, you would still pretend he didn't on the basis that he never officially failed a piss test?
I never said I'd pretend he didn't do it, I just don't get my panties in a wad when someone tests for something and people go ****ing overboard, especially with the Sonnen shit. Because then you get ****ing idiots saying SONNEN BEAT SILVA BECAUSE OF THE ROIDS and its just... ugh, shut up.

Anyway I wish I hadn't brought it up now, this is never a popular opinion. I'm just watching a sport and want entertainment out of it. It's two guys fighting, as long as it entertains me, I don't really care. Should the guy be respected for doing roids or whatever? Course not, but it just comes with the territory. I don't really fancy being called a moron because I don't put someone on a witch hunt when I don't know shit and they past the test. If Overeem's on roids, it'll come out eventually, but I'm just happy we still get the main event.
Flash Jab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:06 PM   #27
kopejh
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,721
vCash: 861
Default Re: My love for MMA is being really tested by Overeem, Sonnen, and the UFC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterglow View Post
RJJ, Mosley, Toney, and Holyfield are all gonna be in the hall of fame, and all of them are cheaters.

Shouldn't the op say the same thing about boxing.
none of those guys were cheating at the peak of their abilities. but you wouldn't know that you fuking idiot.
kopejh is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:30 PM   #28
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 5,456
vCash: 553
Default Re: My love for MMA is being really tested by Overeem, Sonnen, and the UFC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Cooling View Post
This is a ****ing retarded straw man.

I never said I could change things, so arguing that I can't is ****ing irrelevant.

I said the UFC should change their ways. And they should. For their own sake. Its all right handing behind the commissions but no-one's going after the commissions if this all blows up one day. Do you realise the UFC was three minutes away from having successive new champions in Shane Carwin and Chael Sonnen have their title victories marred or overturn by the issue of steroids? Instead of learning that lesson they've actually backslided on their previously admirable stance on drugs testing.
Nobody can stop these athletes from taking roids, if you want to direct The UFC or NSAC then stick you're nose right in. This is 2011.. Just the way it is.

The Olympics is one of the few organizations I know that forbids steroid cheats, we should hope the rest of the sports world catches up someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
Sonnen's comeback fight from a drug ban being in Texas so he doesn't need to pass stringent drug tests before the bout...

Overeem being permitted to duck and dodge his way around a drug test for his first fight in the UFC when everyone knows what time of day it is with him...



I really find myself losing interest in fights where it's pretty clear the organization is turning a blind eye to suspected juicing. Who really cares who wins when one guy is roided out his eyeballs?

It'd be different if everyone could juice, but they can't/don't. It'd also be different if the UFC did everything they could to ensure people couldn't, at least that effort would mean something.


But the current situation is shit, it's feeding the fans bullshit. If this is a real sport which wants to be taken seriously, it has to clean up.
Like I said, that's what the commission is for. FFS, they are a promotion. Saying they turned a blind eye to suspected juicing is comical, The UFC tested every last fighter in England this year because the English Commission wasn't going to.

Steroid use is something we cannot change, either accept the things you cannot change or get you're asses off the internet and inside a blow horn.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:33 PM   #29
Amrn4s
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 356
vCash: 500
Default Re: My love for MMA is being really tested by Overeem, Sonnen, and the UFC.

Zuffa is killing the sport. Especially Dana with being emotional. "DRAMA QUEEN"
Amrn4s is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:11 AM   #30
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,359
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My love for MMA is being really tested by Overeem, Sonnen, and the UFC.

Anyone that thinks Overeem is not on steroids is a ****ing deluded idiot. I cannot believe anyone could be so dumb. Seriously some of you people are backwards.
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013