Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-30-2008, 05:11 PM   #1
KnockOutNetwork
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Today's Boxing Wire ....

- Do not be surprised if this rumor starts making the rounds ... Ricky Hatton's next opponent could be Lamont Peterson! They are seriously talking about this fight to the point where the money for Peterson has been agreed to. Supposedly the hold up is that Golden Boy wants to sign Lamont to a deal and Peterson is unwilling to give up his promotional rights at this point.

I was shocked when I was told this yesterday. I think thats a real tough fight for Hatton to take right after the Mayweather knockout.

- Yuriorkis Gamboa has three fights scheduled to be televised here in the States over the next six weeks. The first is supposed to be Feb. 8 on ESPN2. The opponent was rumored to be Humberto Toledo but Toledo has refused the bout and so the search is on for a new opponent.

- The same night in Boston, Rock Allen will open the Telefutura card at 'The Castle' against 12-5-1 Humberto Tapia. Tapia has won two straight but still shouldnt be too tough for Allen. Also, there is a chance that Edwin Rodriguez might get some TV time. You might want to check this kid out. He was a real good amateur and just turned pro this past Saturday.

- I told you weeks ago that Andy Lee was going to headline at Mohegan Sun on March 21 on ESPN2. Today, Jeff Wald told me that his opponent will be Brian Vera. Thats a decent scrap, imo. Other than being blown out by Codrington, Vera is alright.

- I'm excited about this one to... undefeated welterweight Mike Jones will take on Gilbert Venegas in the ESPN2 opening bout on March 28, according to Russell Peltz, Jones' promoter. Jones has won all of his fights by KO and Venegas has shown that he is tough as nails. Good fight!

- I would expect that if Henry Bruceles wins tomorrow night on Telefutura that he would be in with Victor Ortiz at the beginning of the summer on either a PPV undercard of an HBO undercard.

Tomorrow night on 'Toe2Toe' is Vernon Forrest and Dan Goossen. Email any questions to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Mike
Host, 'Toe2Toe'
ww.theknockoutnetwork.com
KnockOutNetwork is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2008, 05:14 PM   #2
Ring Master
The Originator
East Side Guru

vCash: 818
Default Re: Today's Boxing Wire ....

Lee vs Vera is a good scrap, thanks for the info.
Ring Master is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 05:16 PM   #3
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

I would LOVE to see Ricky Hatton vs. Lamont Peterson
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 06:51 PM   #4
mrplow182
Seasoned Veteran
ESB Addict

Me too....Hatton would wipe the floor with him.....Ricky is so formidable at 140 why are people writing him off after a loss to Floyd??
mrplow182 is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 06:52 PM   #5
mrplow182
Seasoned Veteran
ESB Addict

Oh and Hatton only got KO'd cos he was exposed actually going in to beat Floyd....a lot of Mayweather's opponents didnt take the risks needed to at least try and win
mrplow182 is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 06:55 PM   #6
albeziel
Multi Viral C13
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 453

Finally a name came up.
albeziel is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 07:41 PM   #7
Lampley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think this is too early for Lamont, way too big a step up. According to BoxRec, he turned 24 last week.
Lampley is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 10:28 AM   #8
KnockOutNetwork
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampley
I think this is too early for Lamont, way too big a step up. According to BoxRec, he turned 24 last week.
My jaw almost dropped when I heard this. For Hatton, I am impressed that he is taking on someone with Peterson's style and for Peterson, who is considered the lesser of the two brothers ... I dont know if its too early.

But, Peterson would get a really nice payday and, even if he loses, he is still young enough to bounce back after a few fights.

I spoke with someone else later last night and he thinks that the fight is off the table now because Peterson's refusal to sign with GBP.

This might be one of those 'who is going to blink first' type of deals. But for Peterson, he could be missing out of something great.

When I have worked with fighters in the past, I always told my guys that if you were taking a risky fight, let it be against someone coming back from a knockout loss. You want to be the first guy to crack someone in the mouth when he steps back in.

Hatton can certainly find someone other than Peterson. He doesnt need Peterson at this point.

Tough call here ....

Mike
Host, 'Toe2Toe'
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Thursday - Vernon Forrest and Dan Goossen
Old 01-31-2008, 10:33 AM   #9
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT

I hope that the snake Hatton gets beat , and then Witter might get his deserved title shot , hes not getting it off Hatton is he ? Hatton will probably win this though
teeto is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 03:41 PM   #10
KnockOutNetwork
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Witter has a title. Hatton brings him money though. I'm guessing that's what you meant?

Witter has a tough one coming up on March 22 with Demetrius Hopkins. I think Witter destroys him and gets some needed attention.

Mike
Host, 'Toe2Toe'
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Thursday: Vernon Forrest and Dan Goossen
Old 01-31-2008, 04:28 PM   #11
iceman
Tis my Island
ESB Addict

vCash: 12406665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring Master
Lee vs Vera is a good scrap, thanks for the info.
If Coddrington beat him easily so will Lee
Lee KO5
iceman is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum