Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-20-2008, 04:02 AM   #1
Keihule
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Props to Mike Mollo and Andrew Golata

I was incredibly impressed by the heart and will of tonight's heavyweight s**** as opposed to the boxing skill. Mollo was obviously poorly conditioned but that man went four rounds where he was having trouble to stand up. Forgets where his corner is and still has the sand to finish the fight even though it was obvious he was down on points.

I liked it how Lampley and Kellerman spoke of the American fight fan's expectations that the public expects fighters to fight till the death practically, and how at times unrealistic that point of view can become.

I know Mollo was really lacking the boxing skill needed to win the bout, but his heart shown tonight deserves props within itself. In an time where the heavyweight division is the least entertaining division in boxing, the sport needs more people like this. Props to both of these men for finishing the fight when one can barely see and the other doesnt have the legs or the wind to stand up.
Keihule is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2008, 04:05 AM   #2
markbrooklyn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Props to Mike Mollo and Andrew Golata

I thought it was a horrible fight and there was way too much holding and hugging towards the later rounds. I actually was hoping one of them knocked the other out cold so it could be over!
markbrooklyn is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2008, 08:47 AM   #3
bigperm
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keihule
I was incredibly impressed by the heart and will of tonight's heavyweight s**** as opposed to the boxing skill. Mollo was obviously poorly conditioned but that man went four rounds where he was having trouble to stand up. Forgets where his corner is and still has the sand to finish the fight even though it was obvious he was down on points.

I liked it how Lampley and Kellerman spoke of the American fight fan's expectations that the public expects fighters to fight till the death practically, and how at times unrealistic that point of view can become.

I know Mollo was really lacking the boxing skill needed to win the bout, but his heart shown tonight deserves props within itself. In an time where the heavyweight division is the least entertaining division in boxing, the sport needs more people like this. Props to both of these men for finishing the fight when one can barely see and the other doesnt have the legs or the wind to stand up.
I also agree, great fight
bigperm is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 03:50 PM   #4
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I disagree vehemently with this whole exercise of giving credit for such an exhibition. Mollo never had gone beyond eight and at some point, his legs were totally shot. It was almost comical to see him wandering around the ring to find a rest in Andrew's arms. In the end of the eight or the ninth as he landed a massive hook that distorted Golota's face without even having his eyes on the target and was heading to the wrong corner afterwards, talking about getting knocked out landing your own punch... Of course, Max would say that he was not tired and was showing tremendous heart but the signs were evident as Mollo's chief second was tryin to wake him up from drowsiness "Look at me Mike, look at me" and the ringside doctor was inspecting him with concern.
As for Golota, the guy doesn't move his body while throwing, throws the most idiotic left hook ever, doesn't have a defense for str8 rights or left hooks and his swollen shut left eye was just horrible, and he leaned all over poor ole Mike Mollo all night long to tire him even more than he already was from punches... Manny Steward doesn't have a reason in the world to give him praise either...
One guy grabbin another for a rest and the other pushing him down to his knees and this is supposed to have been 12 old fashioned hwt rounds like Michael Buffer put it? Oh please, won't y'all please gimme a break?...
The fight was so grotesque that the principals just forgot about their italian-american-polish rivalries from their windy city and had the sight of who had just made it through a nightmarish sloppy affair. I am not just a fan of such sort of fights...

Last edited by Dorfmeister; 01-31-2008 at 04:22 PM.
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 05:17 PM   #5
barneyrub
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I thought there was some great action in this fight, plus the Golota eye injury made you wonder how long he would go before quitting again but he stuck in there, it was a good fight, the crowd loved it anyway.
Here it is,

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
barneyrub is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 05:47 PM   #6
iceman
Tis my Island
ESB Addict

vCash: 12406665

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbrooklyn
I thought it was a horrible fight and there was way too much holding and hugging towards the later rounds. I actually was hoping one of them knocked the other out cold so it could be over!
Agreed especially when i had 10,000 vcash on the fight finishing early
iceman is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum