Old 01-31-2008, 05:38 PM   #151
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Cotto, Gatti and Hatton..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caper
Well now their is hope for Americas youth, I'm going lobby for you to go on Opra and preach boxing.

Floyd and Cotto need to fight......does that mean it will happen???? who knows cause the dollar talks in this business as much as I hate to say it this sport has lost much of its intergrity because of the mighty dollar and the worlds love affair with popular fighters having more say than the deserving fighters.

I think PBF would win an SD at this point but who knows I know a couple exchamps in the Batam Weight division that train fighters at Gleasons that feel Cotto would beat Floyd (Also read an article that interviewed Ronnie Sheilds right after Cotto's fight with Quintana that said Ronnie feels Cotto is the only welter that would beat Floyd)

Oprahs a hoe.

I disagree PBF would win. I don't think the fight would be close. Cotto lacks in the defense department and I think would be countered easily all night while Floyd is on the backfoot. The final score would be 8-4. Myabe a KD for either fighter
eze is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2008, 05:38 PM   #152
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze
Let Gatti teeoff. Gatti didn't have the power to hurt Baldomir and Baldomir walked through them, letting Gatti become severely tired.

Orishman even predicted TKO 11 by Baldomir on to beat Floyd.
Orishman, come on dude you can do better than that....that guys sleeps with pbf doll full of 3rd degree burn marks and rambo knife holes.
Caper is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 05:39 PM   #153
Executioner
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Mosley was better than Oscar right now. stop saying "Mosley was 36' blah blah blah.

that's only two years older than Oscar is and he'd been much more active than Oscar "6 rounds since Hopkins' De la hoya.
Executioner is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 05:40 PM   #154
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Orishman, come on dude you can do better than that....that guys sleeps with pbf doll full of 3rd degree burn marks and rambo knife holes.
I dont care to search the archives, many were picking Floyd to lose based on how big Baldomir was and how strong he was.

Once Floyd won, a lot of them said, we were only saying it to piss you guys off, we knew Floyd would win. You know those assholes would of rode that train had Floyd lost.

BTW, Go Giants. Although Im a Dallas fan.
eze is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 05:42 PM   #155
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze
Oprahs a hoe.

I disagree PBF would win. I don't think the fight would be close. Cotto lacks in the defense department and I think would be countered easily all night while Floyd is on the backfoot. The final score would be 8-4. Myabe a KD for either fighter
Listen thats a fair assessment, I just don't think PBF would be as inclined to work on the inside with Cotto, while PBF is excellent inside so is Cotto and that's why it would be a great fight. Hatton nullified his own attack just like I knew he would by trying to force the issue his smothering worked against him and that's why he got countered all night until his inevitable "ring post ko"
Caper is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 05:42 PM   #156
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze
I dont care to search the archives, many were picking Floyd to lose based on how big Baldomir was and how strong he was.

Once Floyd won, a lot of them said, we were only saying it to piss you guys off, we knew Floyd would win. You know those assholes would of rode that train had Floyd lost.

bullshit!

except for orisha and requiem i dont remember 1 person picking baldo.
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 05:45 PM   #157
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Listen thats a fair assessment, I just don't think PBF would be as inclined to work on the inside with Cotto, while PBF is excellent inside so is Cotto and that's why it would be a great fight. Hatton nullified his own attack just like I knew he would by trying to force the issue his smothering worked against him and that's why he got countered all night until his inevitable "ring post ko"

I'm not sure if he would, he might be on and off with it. Kind starts out and goes on the backfoot, not going inside with Cotto. Once Cotto sets his pace to work the outside. Floyd will change it up, and work inside a little and switch it up and keep Cotto guessing. Also, Cotto will have to watch for straight right leads. I also think Cotto's trainer is going to try to bait Mayweather in leaving Cotto open to uppercuts, trying to lure Mayweather to swing for that punch leaving him exposed and open. The question will be, will Cotto be able to pull the trigger quick enough or will Floyds speed mess that all up?
eze is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 05:46 PM   #158
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze

Sorry about Dallas but yes......GO GIANTS!

It takes more than being a strong man to beat PBF.....I was never worried though Floyd did avoid confrontation for most of the bout. Floyd is extremely intellegent he knows how to exploit his adversaries and sticks to that game plan Cotto does the same, (Not through out his carrier but he's doing it more now) both men know most fighters are physically capable but not all fighter understand the importance of focus and concentration its not qauntity its quality (at least in boxing)
Caper is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 05:46 PM   #159
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

i dont know if you noticed but cotto isn't as slow as you think.
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 05:49 PM   #160
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
i dont know if you noticed but cotto isn't as slow as you think.
Cotto isn't slow at all. But will he pull the trigger fast enough? I dont know how Mayweather will approach Cotto because Mayweather can come in with different game plans.
eze is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 05:53 PM   #161
Executioner
Belt holder
ESB Addict

****..what have I done? I started this thread asking a simple question and I get people replying with stuff like "Cotto beats Hatton at 147, Hatton beats Cotto at 140" , than people arguing with who is more skilled. Damnit

props to Brooklyn and those of you who did actually read my question.
Executioner is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 05:54 PM   #162
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Sorry about Dallas but yes......GO GIANTS!

It takes more than being a strong man to beat PBF.....I was never worried though Floyd did avoid confrontation for most of the bout. Floyd is extremely intellegent he knows how to exploit his adversaries and sticks to that game plan Cotto does the same, (Not through out his carrier but he's doing it more now) both men know most fighters are physically capable but not all fighter understand the importance of focus and concentration its not qauntity its quality (at least in boxing)

I felt Dallas was completely out playing the Giants that game, they just never pulled the trigger. 2 Dropped TD passes. One wrong throw TD pass. Was frustrating. Although Im glad the Giants cleanly kicked Green Bays ass they got my stamp of approval (My dads a huge Giants fan and Im a huge Dallas fan but I decided here recently to root for NFC East if Dallas doesn't go. Except, I hate Philly so I dont root for them)

Floyd can exploit Cotto, buy Cotto can make him pay. But yes, they both understand focus and concetration.
eze is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 05:56 PM   #163
Alo2006
R.I.P Sean Taylor
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardstars
What better skills does he possess besides for donut eating and beer drinking?

Alo2006 is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 06:00 PM   #164
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alo2006
Holy shizznick ....damn avatars
Caper is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 06:00 PM   #165