Old 01-31-2008, 09:21 AM   #16
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: IBF orders Lorezno-Zuniga for #1 spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Basilio
Zuniga has a ton of heart and so so skills but he also has above average power. Probably hits harder than Miranda and we know how Miranda beat up AA.
"how Miranda beat up AA"

What a ridiculous statement! Miranda wasnt able to finish a severly injured opponent whose jaw had been broken twice and who was bleeding like a shot pig losing tons of blood within the second half of his encounter with Miranda.
Miranda didnt beat up Abraham,mate!
He caught the Armenian warrior with a lucky punch when Abraham opened his mouth.Bad luck for Abraham,but Miranda didnt show anything that night which can be called impressive.His firepower is totally overrated.
If Miranda had been the one whose jaw was broken twice do you really think that he would have made to the final bell against Abraham? No way!
Even with a broken jaw Abraham seemed to be the one who was more likely to take out (watch round 9 of their fight!) his foe than the other way round.
Up to the time when he broke his jaw Abraham had seemed to be on his way to a relatively easy victory against a tough but very one-dimensional and predictable opponent.
Odo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2008, 10:39 AM   #17
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

Zuniga has more power IMO than Miranda. Edison stopped only journeymen and some decent fighters, Zuniga showed his power against Echols, Oganov, Pavlik (great left hook right at the point of Pavlik´s chin, great KD), etc., Zuniga would be a very dangerous matchup for AA because of his high workrate and pace, his iron chin, power, etc...
Luigi1985 is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 11:15 AM   #18
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP

vCash: 1852

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi1985
Zuniga has more power IMO than Miranda. Edison stopped only journeymen and some decent fighters, Zuniga showed his power against Echols, Oganov, Pavlik (great left hook right at the point of Pavlik´s chin, great KD), etc., Zuniga would be a very dangerous matchup for AA because of his high workrate and pace, his iron chin, power, etc...
I agree, IMO Zuniga is badly underated around here. Although, not sure about having more power than Miranda though. But Zuniga is no joke, I've watched all of his fights I can get my eyes on and he's def. better than he's percieved to be around here.
pipe wrenched is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 11:30 AM   #19
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipe wrenched
I agree, IMO Zuniga is badly underated around here. Although, not sure about having more power than Miranda though. But Zuniga is no joke, I've watched all of his fights I can get my eyes on and he's def. better than he's percieved to be around here.

Exactly. My point about his power was just, that he showed it more against the better men. To floor Pavlik with a single left hook is for example pretty impressive. Combinated with his high pace and his chin his power is even more dangerous...
Luigi1985 is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 12:27 PM   #20
Tom_Tocca
The Provider
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi1985
Exactly. My point about his power was just, that he showed it more against the better men. To floor Pavlik with a single left hook is for example pretty impressive. Combinated with his high pace and his chin his power is even more dangerous...
But look, he is very vulnerable for the uppercut and often comes in deep with his head...looks like AA vs. Jantuah all over again...
Tom_Tocca is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 01:43 PM   #21
Middleweight
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I've seen both guys fight. Lorenzo did not impress me at all. Zuniga put up tough fights against Oganov (he won), Pavlik, and Zertuche (won 1, controversially drew 1). I would say Zuniga is a top 10 middleweight, while Lorenzo is a top 20 middleweight. Zuniga would be one of the tougher fights of Abrahams career, while Lorenzo would be another Gevor or Demers for him.

Abraham would beat both guys though. Now that Miranda is at super middle, the only middleweights that can beat Abraham are Pavlik, Taylor, and Andy Lee.
Middleweight is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 02:11 PM   #22
iceman
Tis my Island
ESB Addict

vCash: 12406665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middleweight
I've seen both guys fight. Lorenzo did not impress me at all. Zuniga put up tough fights against Oganov (he won), Pavlik, and Zertuche (won 1, controversially drew 1). I would say Zuniga is a top 10 middleweight, while Lorenzo is a top 20 middleweight. Zuniga would be one of the tougher fights of Abrahams career, while Lorenzo would be another Gevor or Demers for him.

Abraham would beat both guys though. Now that Miranda is at super middle, the only middleweights that can beat Abraham are Pavlik, Taylor, and Andy Lee.
I basically agree with this.Zuniga would certainly be a tougher fight for AA than Lorenzo but if Pavlik could KO him, Abraham does so also
iceman is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 02:30 PM   #23
Middleweight
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Basilio
Zuniga has a ton of heart and so so skills but he also has above average power. Probably hits harder than Miranda and we know how Miranda beat up AA.
Zuniga is not a power puncher, and he certainly does not hit harder than Miranda. All of his KOs against ranked fighters have been from flurries. He is a volume puncher with a good chin, good stamina, and an above average inside game. His only TKO/KO loss was due to cuts.
Middleweight is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 08:35 PM   #24
bigeddie27
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrak
No way Zuniga hits harder than Miranda,his more of a volume puncher.
he hits harder with his left hand. zuniga has a great left hook. the right hand miranda is stronger with by far.
bigeddie27 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum