Old 01-31-2008, 09:02 PM   #1
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Boxing 1/2-7/2

Friday 1st FEB

FoxSports2 6.30PM/4.30PM Fight Sports Knockouts

FoxSports2 7.30PM/5.30PM Dodge Fight Night Part 1 (Repeat of Tues Night)

NatGeoAdventure(517) 9PM/7PM Boxing Natalia: Natalia is Israels hope for the 6th Annual Womens World Boxing Championship, moving from Russia in pursuit of her dreams.

ESPN 10.30PM/8.30PM Boxing Series (2hrs) Edison Miranda vs David Banks

Saturday 2nd FEB

FoxSports1 10AM/8AM Fight Sports Knockouts

FoxSports2 3PM/1PM Dodge Fight Night Part 1 (Repeat of Tues Night)

Monday 4th FEB

SkyRacing 11PM/9PM KOTV

SkyRacing 11.30PM/9.30PM Canvas Classics

Wednesday 6th FEB

SkyRacing 9AM/7AM KOTV

Thursday 7th FEB

FoxSports2 4AM/2AM Fight Sports Knockouts

And thats it, pretty barren this week.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2008, 09:13 PM   #2
PedroDePacas
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Default Re: Boxing 1/2-7/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonMcS
And thats it, pretty barren this week.
It sure is. I'd be looking forward to Miranda/Banks if I hadn't seen the ending already. Surprised it's a 2hr telecast.
PedroDePacas is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 09:26 PM   #3
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Very barren indeed.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 10:37 PM   #4
SuperUnknown

Agreed, especially when I have seen most of them
SuperUnknown is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 10:49 PM   #5
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

Just a note, last week they showed 6 episodes of 'Fight Sports Knockouts' at all hours of the night and morning. I assumed they'd be all repeats of the previous day but in fact there were six different episodes. Whether thats the norm from now on who knows, but if you can definetely worth taping.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2008, 12:59 AM   #6
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Just a note, last week they showed 6 episodes of 'Fight Sports Knockouts' at all hours of the night and morning. I assumed they'd be all repeats of the previous day but in fact there were six different episodes. Whether thats the norm from now on who knows, but if you can definetely worth taping.
Thanks Leon, it has been vary dry in the aussie boxing seen.
I have been watching the Scillian mafia doco on Fox on a Monday night to help past the time and reading my book Mafia Enforcer.
I like to gain as much knowledge as I can in regards to the underworld and bikie circle.
But hopefully it will pick up again and I can put down my books and pick up my pen and paper.
one in a million is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2008, 01:27 AM   #7
CMCDWN2EARTH

Its great LeonMcs that you post the foxtel broadcasts for people id help out if i wasnt on holidays and back at work.
CMCDWN2EARTH is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2008, 01:59 AM   #8
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by one in a million
Thanks Leon, it has been vary dry in the aussie boxing seen.

I like to gain as much knowledge as I can in regards to the underworld and bikie circle.
What you want to know??

Maybe i can help.
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2008, 02:28 AM   #9
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

Melissa, check out 'The Ice Man: Confessions of a Mafia Contract Killer' by Philip Carlo, about Richard Kuklinski, a mafia hitman who claimed to have commited over 200 murders. Amazing story but RK does change his story around a little bit.

Also HBO did 3 interviews with him that were screened as 1 hour specials. I have two of them but the one I don't own but have seen is truly scary. At one point the interviewer asks him a question he doesn't like and you actually see his demeanour change to someone on the verge of murder. Truly unnerving moment.

Heres some links but I'm not sure which of the three these are.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2008, 04:11 AM   #10
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Melissa, check out 'The Ice Man: Confessions of a Mafia Contract Killer' by Philip Carlo, about Richard Kuklinski, a mafia hitman who claimed to have commited over 200 murders. Amazing story but RK does change his story around a little bit.

Also HBO did 3 interviews with him that were screened as 1 hour specials. I have two of them but the one I don't own but have seen is truly scary. At one point the interviewer asks him a question he doesn't like and you actually see his demeanour change to someone on the verge of murder. Truly unnerving moment.

Cheers Leon but what I have read on the mafia is they employ alot of hit men and don't end up paying the correct money for the job they hirer the hitman to do and pocket the money themselves.
It's a sad case of pull the ladder up Jack!
Old 02-01-2008, 09:17 AM   #11
Robot16
Keep it Kr0nkn
ESB Addict

vCash: 509

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy
Very barren indeed.
Yeah for me im lucky, that its like that, cos i hada big blackout yesterday and the tv it out, so is the dvd/vcr player, foxtel,etc.

i was spewing that i thought i was gonna miss some other boxing on tonight.

Quote:

Yeah Leon i have read the book too, i saw it at the shops after i saw a couple of the doco's.
I saw the one with him and the psychatrist, also the one where he talks about the murders and how he committed them.

It is pretty crazy, the stuff he says.
Robot16 is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2008, 09:28 AM   #12
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

Interesting character but his story changes over the three interviews (filmed over 10 years) and again when you read the book theres a few variations. Only realised when I posted before I've either lent it out or its been souveneired.

Yeah that scene when he gives the interviewer 'the look'...even if he's off on a few details here and there you know hes one guy you wouldn't want to upset when he was on the outside.

Passed away a few years ago, he seemed to think he was being poisoned but was never substantiated. Think he was staring to lose it towards the end, even claimed credit for disposing of Jimmy Hoffas body.

Tune in to next weeks Fox update for another book of the week choice
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2008, 06:07 PM   #13
Melbourneborn
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Read the Herald Sun if you want insight into the lives of Melbourne members. Apparantly a wealth of extremely accurate knowledge on the subject...

Last edited by Melbourneborn; 02-01-2008 at 06:32 PM.
Melbourneborn is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2008, 06:38 PM   #14
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Interesting character but his story changes over the three interviews (filmed over 10 years) and again when you read the book theres a few variations. Only realised when I posted before I've either lent it out or its been souveneired.

Yeah that scene when he gives the interviewer 'the look'...even if he's off on a few details here and there you know hes one guy you wouldn't want to upset when he was on the outside.

Passed away a few years ago, he seemed to think he was being poisoned but was never substantiated. Think he was staring to lose it towards the end, even claimed credit for disposing of Jimmy Hoffas body.

Yuck I couldn't watch the Iceman I'll leave that up to the hard arse people of the world. I can read about it tho, that doesn't bother me.

That would be great if you could give us a name of a good book to read each week with your Fox report

I picked up 'In God's Underground' the other day. I ran the book past my sister 'Richard Wurmbrand wrote it and she told me a bit about the Christian underground, pretty awesome stuff.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:24 PM   #15
Robot16
Keep it Kr0nkn
ESB Addict

vCash: 509

Quote:

Yeah esp how his daughter rebels against him, etc.
A person you dont want to cross.
I found it interesting how he mentions trhat he wanted to talk with the psychiatrist due to he wants to find out what is wrong with him.
Robot16 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum