Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 06-30-2007, 04:50 PM   #1
Alcaldemb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Lewis Povetkin first 13 side by side

A comparison of the records of Lennox Lewis and Alexander Povetkin's first 13 opponents at the time they fought them.

Lewis 336

197-126-13 (116). % W 58, L 37, D 3, KO 34

Povetkin 317

232-71-14 (141). % W 73, L 22, D 5, KO 44

Very impressive side by side comparison.
Alcaldemb is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2007, 06:08 PM   #2
sean
pale peice of pig`s ear
ESB Addict

Default Re: Lewis Povetkin first 13 side by side

i think lewis 14th fight was against gary mason ranked wbc 4 and 35-0 (34 ko)
sean is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 06:28 PM   #3
Alcaldemb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean
i think lewis 14th fight was against gary mason ranked wbc 4 and 35-0 (34 ko)
His 14th fight was against Jean Chanet, 24-10 (8 ) for the EBU belt, his 15th was Mason. I think Povetkin's 14th will be Virchis, Brock or maybe Briggs, which would make his 15th fight a title shot.
Alcaldemb is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 07:28 PM   #4
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

I thought he would of stopped Donald but it is still and impressive win
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 01:53 AM   #5
Langford
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I did not expect a Donald stoppage...Donald is a very tough fighter still to stop, it is perhaps Klitschko's best win over all, that he was able to stop Donald and don't forget Donald was the fight for Vitali before Lewis. Yeah, it was five years ago, but five years isn't that big of a deal for a fighter who fights like Donald. Yeah, he was slower and heavier, but it's always been his ring style why I think he is one of the most avoided heavyweights out there, to this day. Not because he can take you out, but because he can make you look bad.
Plus, he's not the kind of fighter you throw your guy in with to build up your guys KO percentage. That Povetkin was in with him is further proof that he is the real deal.

I think Donald is a grade above Barrett.

Re: Povetkin vs. Lewis first thirteen fights, I have watched all of each others fights so far and I can say that Povetkin's opponents are better than those of Lennox Lewis, Lewis fought on a more regular basis than Povetkin has, more monthly, Povetkin's opponents have been more carefully chosen. Chanet was a fairly weak Euro champ, though it was his 14th fight. Ocassio was Lewis best opponent, Donald is much better. Murphy was a real skinny dude, Bango was better. Friday Ahunanya I would pick in a fight over any of Lewis's first 13-14.
Bostice and Mahone were both past their best but they were good matches and had accomplished more than any of the first thirteen outside of Occasio. Occasio was a better cruiserweight than Mayfield...but I think the nod definitely goes to Alexander.

Mason vs. Lewis was a great fight, with a lot of give and take.
Povetkin will have his hands full having a better 15th opponent than Mason, he would need to fight someone similar as in younger, up and coming and kind of a rival to him, so when they fought it would be sort of a grudge match.
Povetkin vs. Virchis would be comparable...maybe Povetkin vs. Platov.

I would put them something like this:
Langford is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 04:21 AM   #6
sean
pale peice of pig`s ear
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langford
I did not expect a Donald stoppage...Donald is a very tough fighter still to stop, it is perhaps Klitschko's best win over all, that he was able to stop Donald and don't forget Donald was the fight for Vitali before Lewis. Yeah, it was five years ago, but five years isn't that big of a deal for a fighter who fights like Donald. Yeah, he was slower and heavier, but it's always been his ring style why I think he is one of the most avoided heavyweights out there, to this day. Not because he can take you out, but because he can make you look bad.
Plus, he's not the kind of fighter you throw your guy in with to build up your guys KO percentage. That Povetkin was in with him is further proof that he is the real deal.

I think Donald is a grade above Barrett.

Re: Povetkin vs. Lewis first thirteen fights, I have watched all of each others fights so far and I can say that Povetkin's opponents are better than those of Lennox Lewis, Lewis fought on a more regular basis than Povetkin has, more monthly, Povetkin's opponents have been more carefully chosen. Chanet was a fairly weak Euro champ, though it was his 14th fight. Ocassio was Lewis best opponent, Donald is much better. Murphy was a real skinny dude, Bango was better. Friday Ahunanya I would pick in a fight over any of Lewis's first 13-14.
Bostice and Mahone were both past their best but they were good matches and had accomplished more than any of the first thirteen outside of Occasio. Occasio was a better cruiserweight than Mayfield...but I think the nod definitely goes to Alexander.

Mason vs. Lewis was a great fight, with a lot of give and take.
Povetkin will have his hands full having a better 15th opponent than Mason, he would need to fight someone similar as in younger, up and coming and kind of a rival to him, so when they fought it would be sort of a grudge match.
Povetkin vs. Virchis would be comparable...maybe Povetkin vs. Platov.

I would put them something like this:

i agree with all of your post.
i also expected the fight to go the full route.

just waiting for the fight to come on.
sean is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #7
Boxed Ears
Pugilistic Surrealist
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

They are very similar, yes.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum