Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2012, 02:31 PM   #31
amhlilhaus
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 882
vCash: 1000
Default Re: would silva of beat a prime Roy jones in boxing

silva probably couldn't beat an amateur champ in boxing, let alone a atg.
amhlilhaus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2012, 02:31 PM   #32
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 3,631
vCash: 500
Default Re: would silva of beat a prime Roy jones in boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty lll View Post
Because it does not deserve anything else
Well, I can substantiate all of my claims about him, so I don't see the problem in explaining your own position if my post was such bullshit.

Roids- Busted in 2000.

Shot to shit- Loser in 7 of his last 13, being KTFOed in 4 of them. The only wins were against has-beens and never-weres.

One of the worst Chins ever- He was KTFOed by feather fisted Glen Johnson and an Aussie bum called the Green Machine. He was also put on his ass by feather fisted Lou Del Valle.

Cherrypicker- He never held a lineal title and handpicked the worst opponents for his plethora of "world titles" that he collected.

Power puncher ducker- Didn't fight the best power punchers of his generation (Benn, Eubank, G-Man, etc.) because he knew he had a Fragile Glass Jaw. Instead he chose to beat up sanitation workers and police officers until he finally did succumb to pressure and got KTFOed by Tarver and then every other slugger he faced thereafter.

Roid Jones is a disgrace to boxing.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:48 PM   #33
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 2,451
vCash: 500
Default Re: would silva of beat a prime Roy jones in boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by amhlilhaus View Post
silva probably couldn't beat an amateur champ in boxing, let alone a atg.
Probably?
Matty lll is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:03 PM   #34
196osh
Mendes Bros.
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,291
vCash: 277
Default Re: would silva of beat a prime Roy jones in boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
Well, I can substantiate all of my claims about him, so I don't see the problem in explaining your own position if my post was such bullshit.

Roids- Busted in 2000.

Shot to shit- Loser in 7 of his last 13, being KTFOed in 4 of them. The only wins were against has-beens and never-weres.

One of the worst Chins ever- He was KTFOed by feather fisted Glen Johnson and an Aussie bum called the Green Machine. He was also put on his ass by feather fisted Lou Del Valle.

Cherrypicker- He never held a lineal title and handpicked the worst opponents for his plethora of "world titles" that he collected.

Power puncher ducker- Didn't fight the best power punchers of his generation (Benn, Eubank, G-Man, etc.) because he knew he had a Fragile Glass Jaw. Instead he chose to beat up sanitation workers and police officers until he finally did succumb to pressure and got KTFOed by Tarver and then every other slugger he faced thereafter.

Roid Jones is a disgrace to boxing.
Hopkins and Toney = better than Benn Eubank or G-man.

The weight loss from HW destroyed him.

I have done this 10,000 times years ago. I have no intrest in doing it again and again on the mma forum.
196osh is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #35
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.
Posts: 14,262
vCash: 1000
Default Re: would silva of beat a prime Roy jones in boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koman600 View Post
do you think anderson silva could of beat a prime roy jones jr. in boxing
Dont be ridiculous, there are a few MMA fighters that would probably beat Silva in a boxing match, Silva is a good puncher but its his kicks & knees more than his punches that make him the best technical striker in MMA.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #36
elmaldito
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,965
vCash: 75
Default Re: would silva of beat a prime Roy jones in boxing

Silva couldnt beat any top 10 boxer from 160 up ever.
elmaldito is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:25 PM   #37
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,025
vCash: 800
Default Re: would silva of beat a prime Roy jones in boxing

Silva would brutalize Roy Jones near death in a fight in front of his kids.

I give the advantage to Roy in Boxing.
chimba is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #38
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 3,631
vCash: 500
Default Re: would silva of beat a prime Roy jones in boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 196osh View Post
Hopkins and Toney = better than Benn Eubank or G-man.

The weight loss from HW destroyed him.

I have done this 10,000 times years ago. I have no intrest in doing it again and again on the mma forum.
Hopkins and Toney are not power punchers. Hopkins nor Toney had any inclination to engage any more than Roy did and both of those bouts were stinkers.

The weight loss thing is overblown. He never had a Chin, that is why he wouldn't fight the power punchers we all wanted to see him face in the '90s. That is why feather fisted Lou Del Valle dropped him on his ass with a piss weak shot. Roid is a Glass Jawed Fraud and a cherrypicking disgrace and that is not up for debate. It's irrefutable.

Roid Jones vs. Puncher = Roid waking up to the bright glare of a doctor's penlight.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:51 PM   #39
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 14,721
vCash: 121
Default Re: would silva of beat a prime Roy jones in boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
Hopkins and Toney are not power punchers. Hopkins nor Toney had any inclination to engage any more than Roy did and both of those bouts were stinkers.

The weight loss thing is overblown. He never had a Chin, that is why he wouldn't fight the power punchers we all wanted to see him face in the '90s. That is why feather fisted Lou Del Valle dropped him on his ass with a piss weak shot. Roid is a Glass Jawed Fraud and a cherrypicking disgrace and that is not up for debate. It's irrefutable.

Roid Jones vs. Puncher = Roid waking up to the bright glare of a doctor's penlight.
Where do you think the name "Lights Out" came from?

And Del Valle was not feather-fisted; he hit Jones with a flush right hand he didn't see coming because it was covered by a jab that turned Jones' head, and Jones got up completely fine. A Glass Jawed fighter would have simply caved or gotten extremely hurt.

Not to mention the bombs he took against Tarver in their first fight.

Glass Jaws exist, but punch resistance is not black and white.

Last edited by Bogotazo; 01-12-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:04 PM   #40
PrinceVega
帝拳ボクシングジム
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 307
vCash: 500
Default Re: would silva of beat a prime Roy jones in boxing

bogotazo for president
PrinceVega is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #41
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 3,631
vCash: 500
Default Re: would silva of beat a prime Roy jones in boxing

His trainer, that's where he got it from. Plenty of fighters have nicknames that don't fit and Toney's is certainly misleading. He isn't feather fisted but he isn't a puncher and no one who understands boxing would claim as much. Either way, he and Roid both fought a tentative, cowardly fight and there is nothing to talk about there.

And yes, Del Valle was a feather fisted fraud and a joke of a fighter who should never have dropped Jones if he was half the superhuman fighter that his teenage fanboys (who never witnessed his prime and therefore don't remember his blatant ducking) claim him to be.

Roid Jones is a Glass Jawed Disgrace and always has been. Get over it, nuthugger.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #42
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: would silva of beat a prime Roy jones in boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmaldito View Post
Silva couldnt beat any top 10 boxer from 160 up ever.
Nice
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #43
196osh
Mendes Bros.
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,291
vCash: 277
Default Re: would silva of beat a prime Roy jones in boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
Hopkins and Toney are not power punchers. Hopkins nor Toney had any inclination to engage any more than Roy did and both of those bouts were stinkers.

The weight loss thing is overblown. He never had a Chin, that is why he wouldn't fight the power punchers we all wanted to see him face in the '90s. That is why feather fisted Lou Del Valle dropped him on his ass with a piss weak shot. Roid is a Glass Jawed Fraud and a cherrypicking disgrace and that is not up for debate. It's irrefutable.

Roid Jones vs. Puncher = Roid waking up to the bright glare of a doctor's penlight.
James Toney at 168 wasn't a puncher?

You are clueless.
196osh is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #44
elmaldito
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,965
vCash: 75
Default Re: would silva of beat a prime Roy jones in boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
Nice
thats a fact
elmaldito is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:49 PM   #45
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: would silva of beat a prime Roy jones in boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmaldito View Post
thats a fact
My apologies. I misread your post as a pisstake claiming Spider could beat any top 10 boxer from 160 up ever.

They would all school him. As we both well know
 Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013