Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2012, 07:34 PM   #46
quickjab121
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 21
vCash: 1000
Default Re: would silva of beat a prime Roy jones in boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba View Post
Silva would brutalize Roy Jones near death in a fight in front of his kids.

I give the advantage to Roy in Boxing.
Advantage? the ****.... Prime Roy would brutalize Silva the SAME exact way in the boxing ring.
quickjab121 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2012, 08:07 PM   #47
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 13,401
vCash: 1000
Default Re: would silva of beat a prime Roy jones in boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koman600 View Post
do you think anderson silva could of beat a prime roy jones jr. in boxing
Er, yes, of course he could have...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt1GcBeYUmY[/ame]

vs

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWQlbOkKCD0[/ame]

Popkins is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #48
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wild West of Sydney
Posts: 3,333
vCash: 1000
Default Re: would silva of beat a prime Roy jones in boxing

This thread must be a sick joke.

seriously...
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #49
whopperdong
"sorry dan, im the man"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tommy emmanuel mk 2
Posts: 1,746
vCash: 367
Default Re: would silva of beat a prime Roy jones in boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
You say that as if Pavlik is a step down from Roid when in fact, even an alcoholic Pavlik who is never more than a day away from having been KOed by Jim Beam in one round would shatter Roid's disgraceful Glass Jaw these days. Roid is shot to shit, has one of the worst Chins ever to disgrace the sport, and was highly overhyped even in his prime. He is a disgrace to boxing and even Silva would probably KO him these days.
overated?
whopperdong is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #50
whopperdong
"sorry dan, im the man"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tommy emmanuel mk 2
Posts: 1,746
vCash: 367
Default Re: would silva of beat a prime Roy jones in boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Jab View Post
This video is all you have to see to draw a conclusion.
no.
i came to a conclusion through many factors.

but anyways wats ur point?
whopperdong is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:46 PM   #51
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 13,401
vCash: 1000
Default Re: would silva of beat a prime Roy jones in boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
Wake the **** up, dummy. Roid was a Glass Jawed, power puncher ducking, cherrypicking fraud but, barring a good punch which is always a danger in a Roid Jones fight, he would push Silva's shit in under Marquess of Queensberry Rules.
If ever we needed more evidence, here is this horrendous fag once again exposing his dangerously high levels of utter retardation for the amusement of the masses.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Osxyd7h6N-0&feature=related[/ame]

Then again, how can you take a self-styled "ChinChecker" seriously about anything when he believes Chuck Liddell has a better chin than Rampage Jackson... Fail!
Popkins is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:48 PM   #52
whopperdong
"sorry dan, im the man"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tommy emmanuel mk 2
Posts: 1,746
vCash: 367
Default Re: would silva of beat a prime Roy jones in boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
Well, I can substantiate all of my claims about him, so I don't see the problem in explaining your own position if my post was such bullshit.

Roids- Busted in 2000.

Shot to shit- Loser in 7 of his last 13, being KTFOed in 4 of them. The only wins were against has-beens and never-weres.

One of the worst Chins ever- He was KTFOed by feather fisted Glen Johnson and an Aussie bum called the Green Machine. He was also put on his ass by feather fisted Lou Del Valle.

Cherrypicker- He never held a lineal title and handpicked the worst opponents for his plethora of "world titles" that he collected.

Power puncher ducker- Didn't fight the best power punchers of his generation (Benn, Eubank, G-Man, etc.) because he knew he had a Fragile Glass Jaw. Instead he chose to beat up sanitation workers and police officers until he finally did succumb to pressure and got KTFOed by Tarver and then every other slugger he faced thereafter.

Roid Jones is a disgrace to boxing.
he has beaten prime toney, prime bhop, prime tarver that alone is great.
whopperdong is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:49 PM   #53
Atlanta
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 9,346
vCash: 528
Default Re: would silva of beat a prime Roy jones in boxing

You begging for the stamp.
Atlanta is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #54
boxeo#1
Boxer-Puncher
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Hague
Posts: 4,029
vCash: 4461
Default Re: would silva of beat a prime Roy jones in boxing

He got tko'd against a 11-2 record guy. There's your answer.
boxeo#1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:17 PM   #55
unloco
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: --------------
Posts: 3,024
vCash: 81
Default Re: would silva of beat a prime Roy jones in boxing

I would slap the thread starter
unloco is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:20 PM   #56
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 3,631
vCash: 500
Default Re: would silva of beat a prime Roy jones in boxing

What the **** does your little video prove, Popkins? Roid doesn't get hit with anything significant to expose his Glass Jaw, Toney is by no means a puncher which means that it certainly didn't prove me wrong about him ducking punchers, and it does nothing to dispel the notion that he wasn't a cherrypicker. In fact, the latter point can be proven by the fact that he didn't fight the best punchers of his era and never held a lineal title. He was and is a joke. Get over it.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #57
whopperdong
"sorry dan, im the man"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tommy emmanuel mk 2
Posts: 1,746
vCash: 367
Default Re: would silva of beat a prime Roy jones in boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
What the **** does your little video prove, Popkins? Roid doesn't get hit with anything significant to expose his Glass Jaw, Toney is by no means a puncher which means that it certainly didn't prove me wrong about him ducking punchers, and it does nothing to dispel the notion that he wasn't a cherrypicker. In fact, the latter point can be proven by the fact that he didn't fight the best punchers of his era and never held a lineal title. He was and is a joke. Get over it.
toney has turned entire fights with 1 punch.
whopperdong is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:47 PM   #58
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 4,059
vCash: 3450
Default Re: would silva of beat a prime Roy jones in boxing

No he would not beat Roy in a boxing match....plain and simple.
AJAX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:51 PM   #59
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: would silva of beat a prime Roy jones in boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX View Post
No he would not beat Roy in a boxing match....plain and simple.
/ thread.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:17 AM   #60
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: And the NEW...
Posts: 6,008
vCash: 1000
Default Re: would silva of beat a prime Roy jones in boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
Wake the **** up, dummy. Roid was a Glass Jawed, power puncher ducking, cherrypicking fraud but, barring a good punch which is always a danger in a Roid Jones fight, he would push Silva's shit in under Marquess of Queensberry Rules.
Hey guys, let's shit on every ****ing body!

Axe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013