Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 01-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #16
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

vCash: 157
Default Re: If Anderson is injured again, give us Rousimar Palhares vs Chael Sonnen please!

Palhares vs Sonnen seems like a must. The trash talk would be unbelievable leading into the fight. Could you imagine Palhares coming into a fight mad? He might cripple him for life.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2012, 01:25 PM   #17
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: If Anderson is injured again, give us Rousimar Palhares vs Chael Sonnen please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarngold View Post
Palhares vs Sonnen seems like a must. The trash talk would be unbelievable leading into the fight. Could you imagine Palhares coming into a fight mad? He might cripple him for life.

If he can retire Sonnen because he has done too much damage I wouldn't even shed a tear for the ****er !
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #18
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post
If he can retire Sonnen because he has done too much damage I wouldn't even shed a tear for the ****er !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
I'd love to see this match soon
Oh you're a bad, bad man Ne5ville14....but I love it
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2012, 01:37 PM   #19
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post
QFT
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #20
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Cooling View Post
Oh you're a bad, bad man Ne5ville14....but I love it

LOL, thx ! I guess ?

Just can't stand Sonnen...I understand what he is doing, but for me it's just unacceptable !
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2012, 05:01 PM   #21
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Chael is a nobody.
Scurla, here's the news.

YOU are a nobody.

Chael is the guy who pushed the p4p #1 right to the brink of a humiliating defeat. As long as Anderson is remembered, Chael will be remembered. He talked a lot of shit and backed it all up. He showed no fear or hesitation at all, and he won every minute of every round until Anderson produced the greatest moment of his career to pull out the win with 2 minutes left.

If you're ANY kind of Silva fan or MMA fan, you should respect Sonnen for the Anderson fight alone. Because whether you like it or not, that was the greatest victory of Anderson Silva's career.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2012, 06:24 PM   #22
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
Scurla, here's the news.

YOU are a nobody.

Chael is the guy who pushed the p4p #1 right to the brink of a humiliating defeat. As long as Anderson is remembered, Chael will be remembered. He talked a lot of shit and backed it all up. He showed no fear or hesitation at all, and he won every minute of every round until Anderson produced the greatest moment of his career to pull out the win with 2 minutes left.

If you're ANY kind of Silva fan or MMA fan, you should respect Sonnen for the Anderson fight alone. Because whether you like it or not, that was the greatest victory of Anderson Silva's career.

Still rank Henderson and Franklin higher than Sonnen
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #23
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Palhares might be a BAD style for Chael!
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #24
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by greathamza View Post
Still rank Henderson and Franklin higher than Sonnen
Hendo is more of an ATG than Sonnen is, no doubt at all about that.

And Franklin has done a lot more in his career, no problem there either.

But Anderson dealt with those guys pretty easily. All his time in the UFC, Chael is the ONLY ONE who put him under significant pressure. Chael is the only opponent who forced him to dig deep. Champions have the ability to turn any fight around and win definitively from anywhere, and Sonnen is the only fighter Anderson faced in the UFC who forced him to do that. He's the only one who managed to take him out of his comfort zone for more than one round.

If Chael had managed to keep going for the last 2 minutes of the fight, then Anderson would have suffered one of the most humiliating, sustained one-sided beatings that ANY dominant champion has suffered at the hands of a non-ATG. Nobody can even begin to argue that Anderson came close to winning a single round up until midway through the fifth.

But Anderson pulled it out of the bag when he looked all but done for, and he has to be given a LOT of credit for that. That's a legacy fight right there. That's where he showed that he was a true champion rather than just a Tyson-style insanely gifted frontrunner.

The Sonnen victory is a HUGE boost to Anderson's legacy, and to dismiss Chael like he's nothing is to badly discredit Anderson and the champion's heart and guts he showed that night. Nobody else forced him to really show that in his UFC career, and BOTH fighters have to get massive credit for that.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #25
beefman180
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Would love to see this one, Palhares is an all or nothing type fighter.

Nate Marquardt's and Dan Henderson's victories over him look better every time he gets another win.
beefman180 is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #26
bachatu
Pro
ESB Addict

as much as I dislike Sonnen, I wouldn't want to see him suffer a career ending injury via a sub. I'd rather see him get his face smashed in against anyone and come back to talk his shit as most do. Anyway, Palhares is a stylistic nightmare for Sonnen imo.
bachatu is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2012, 12:05 PM   #27
afterglow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

It's pretty funny that Sonnen has a better chance of beating a guy that some think is the GOAT than he does in beating Harris or Maia.

It's true tho.

I could never imagine him winning decision over either one of them.
afterglow is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2012, 11:23 AM   #28
Big T
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Munny View Post
If Chael is a nobody, what does that make Anderson?
Ahh...Still the Champ
Big T is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2012, 01:18 PM   #29
Jim Bowen
MARVELOUS
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Munny View Post
If Chael is a nobody, what does that make Anderson?
Middleweight Champion with a sub win over a nobody?
Jim Bowen is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2012, 02:39 PM   #30
darkman

i personally would love to see a rousimar palhares vs demian maia match up than sonnen, sonnen has crap bjj defence
darkman is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum