boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-18-2012, 12:40 PM   #46
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Report: Team Alvarez Preparing To Meet With GBP To Work On Mayweather 5/5/12 Figh

Quote:
Originally Posted by oibighead View Post
Also you avy is a bit ironic
Pimp C is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2012, 12:42 PM   #47
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

Default Re: Report: Team Alvarez Preparing To Meet With GBP To Work On Mayweather 5/5/12 Figh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samski313 View Post
Even the Pac****s are ducking Floyd! You guys want Floyd to fight anybody but Manny! Not once have I seen you guys pushing for a Floyd vs Pacquaio fight on May 5th! Smh
They haven't and it's painfully obvious to see why they haven't. They know PBF will box circles around their hero so they would rather see the fight not happen and throw out rumors of other possible opponents as a desperate attempt to get people away from talking about the biggest duck of this era.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2012, 12:43 PM   #48
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfv View Post
From a site that can't be linked to here (you know which one it is).

So, as predicted by several people here on ESB, Team Mayweather may be heading down a face-saving, status-as-a-"draw"-saving attempt to book Alvarez for the May 5, 2012 date.

Report says Team Alvarez looking to head to LA next week to work with Golden Boy on a potential Floyd-Canelo deal.

May 5, Cinco De Mayo, popular Mexican champion. Also, after watching Alvarez-Gomez, should be easy work for Floyd if he takes this fight.

Don't get caught up in the Twitter/Facebook/Fight Hype potential smokescreens; look behind the curtain (note to non-Americans: this is a reference to legendary American movie The Wizard Of Oz and its "man behind the curtain") and see what may actually be getting worked on by the people pulling the levers.

I think it's Sunnn that has been saying this: Floyd-Alvarez, May 5, 2012.

Is it going to happen?

You don't even want to see the fight. Log off.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2012, 01:02 PM   #49
JoeCamelTow
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Not even a Floyd fan but I'm so sick of the Pac vs Floyd facade that this fight works for me.
JoeCamelTow is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #50
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCamelTow View Post

Not even a Floyd fan but I'm so sick of the Pac vs Floyd facade that this fight works for me.
This may have been Team Mayweather's plan the entire time.

The one issue is I'm not sure how big of a draw Canelo is in the USA. But, having the fight on Cinco De Mayo should help.
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2012, 05:36 PM   #51
Royal-T-Bag
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

good! pacs running scared and canelos way better than cotto at this point...good fight, i'll buy it.....it'll do well- 1.4 million
Royal-T-Bag is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum