vCash: 429
Default Re: My kickboxing club

This is some K-1 Level striking!~
Dio is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2012, 06:19 AM   #3
nufc_jay

vCash:

Nice. Where do you kickbox? Very similar to our sparring.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:50 AM   #4
wayneflint
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Wow.. join a thai boxing gym.. seriously, thats all i can say. if you really want to learn to use your hands, kness and legs effectivley and with good economy without giving them your ass hole everytime you do this stuff, then it is essential you find a quality thai boxing coach. What i see here, would not even help you in a bar fight.

Seriously though, you wouldnt give your car to any old dodgey mechanic would you? but you surrender yourself to these home baked kickboxing clubs like your body, or the tools your being given to fight and survive/protect your health with in the ring, dont mean **** to you? whats that all about? surely your health is worth more than your possessions? anyway..

Dont pay these Mc dojo's its all a money making scam and 90% of the time the training isnt safe, pay the extra money for the real proffesionals and learn how to fight and protect yourself properly by people that have actually done it themselves or atleast have a clue about fighting not a fitness/kids class. Trust what your being shown to protect your health is right, and not just babble from some idiot like Ylem who decides hes going to open classes and make 100 a night without actually being able to spend enough time individually to develope any one client for the money they've payed. Thats assuming their time can even develope rather than hinder a fighter lol.

Find a quality coach with good credentials, if you have to drive over 40 mile it shouldnt matter this is your health your trusting people with and combat sports are hazardous hobby's, pay for 1-1's instead of these classes, it may cost you 20-40% more it may not, but you will learn much more, get more quality time with a coach to actually develope, and be learning from someone who actually has purpose showing people how to fight. if you ask me thats much better value for money.
wayneflint is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #5
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneflint View Post
Wow.. join a thai boxing gym.. seriously, thats all i can say. if you really want to learn to use your hands, kness and legs effectivley and with good economy without giving them your ass hole everytime you do this stuff, then it is essential you find a quality thai boxing coach. What i see here, would not even help you in a bar fight.

Seriously though, you wouldnt give your car to any old dodgey mechanic would you? but you surrender yourself to these home baked kickboxing clubs like your body, or the tools your being given to fight and survive/protect your health with in the ring, dont mean **** to you? whats that all about? surely your health is worth more than your possessions? anyway..

Dont pay these Mc dojo's its all a money making scam and 90% of the time the training isnt safe, pay the extra money for the real proffesionals and learn how to fight and protect yourself properly by people that have actually done it themselves or atleast have a clue about fighting not a fitness/kids class. Trust what your being shown to protect your health is right, and not just babble from some idiot like Ylem who decides hes going to open classes and make 100 a night without actually being able to spend enough time individually to develope any one client for the money they've payed. Thats assuming their time can even develope rather than hinder a fighter lol.

Find a quality coach with good credentials, if you have to drive over 40 mile it shouldnt matter this is your health your trusting people with and combat sports are hazardous hobby's, pay for 1-1's instead of these classes, it may cost you 20-40% more it may not, but you will learn much more, get more quality time with a coach to actually develope, and be learning from someone who actually has purpose showing people how to fight. if you ask me thats much better value for money.
Why should he join a Muay Thai gym. This is hardly what I'd call proper kickboxing, If there isn't a real kickboxing gym then I doubt there is a Muay Thai one.
Matty lll is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2012, 03:00 PM   #6
Dark Sider
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 598

I thought since brown bomber posted some of his fights, I'd show you guys some of my moves. Remember, this is full contact, its not sanctioned, but we're throwing real strikes.

Some guy who said he was a boxer came by, and it seems like kickboxing > boxing from our sparring sessions.
Dark Sider is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2012, 03:12 PM   #7
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sider View Post
I thought since brown bomber posted some of his fights, I'd show you guys some of my moves. Remember, this is full contact, its not sanctioned, but we're throwing real strikes.

Some guy who said he was a boxer came by, and it seems like kickboxing > boxing from our sparring sessions.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:19 PM   #8
maddog12

vCash:

what a ****
Old 01-19-2012, 04:50 PM   #9
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

These guys look like a bunch of ex-McDojo TKD practitioners. I didn't notice ANY of the "utility" or "focus on delivering pain" that you see in MT or Boxing.

Except against the lowest talent opposition? Honestly, this is the type of ish that will get you hurt. A bunch of fancy slow reaching shots with "courtesy pauses".
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2012, 07:34 PM   #10
mcguirpa
Contender
ESB Senior Member

This is **** by any standards.

What's with all the rear leg round kicks? One of the least effective kicks in general sparring.
mcguirpa is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2012, 02:48 PM   #11
Dark Sider
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Guys, I just said based on sparring with a boxer, kickboxing > boxing. If the boxer took the time to learn leg kicks, defence, footwork, and other things, he might have done ok.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:52 PM   #12
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sider View Post
Guys, I just said based on sparring with a boxer, kickboxing > boxing. If the boxer took the time to learn leg kicks, defence, footwork, and other things, he might have done ok.
By the looks of it you are all ****
Old 01-20-2012, 05:05 PM   #13
Dark Sider
Contender
ESB Senior Member

anyone can talk from the outside. again, we were throwing REAL strikes in there.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #14
Pork Chop
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Except for flame shinguards trying to go hard with everyone, that sparring was just goofing off & very light contact.

Looked like a couple of guys might actually train muay thai, the rest were a mix-mash of tkd guys, guys from other traditional martial arts, and maybe a guy who'd seen some ufc on tv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguirpa View Post
What's with all the rear leg round kicks? One of the least effective kicks in general sparring.
Unless you are actually referring to the spinning back hook kicks with the heel; as far as true rear leg round kicks [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] would disagree with you.
Pork Chop is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2012, 09:21 PM   #15
Dark Sider
Contender
ESB Senior Member

For those who don't think I know boxing:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPlUTCULZbk&feature=plcp&context=C32dfdcaUDOEgsToPDskLY3Rp4dHtZwr4XW1jIL3Kr[/ame]

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing