Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 02-04-2008, 11:49 AM   #16
My dinner with Conteh
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Chavez & his early DQ loss...

I say we start a petition and send it to Ring magazine.
My dinner with Conteh is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2008, 03:01 PM   #17
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marciano Frazier
Much as I like some of your other posting, you seem to be a brick wall when it comes to the "amateur-matches-are-transformed-into-professional-fights-and-go-on-professional-records-when-you-have-them-at-the-wrong-time-but-only-if-you're-undefeated-and-it-would-be-perceived-as-damaging-your-legacy" topic, so rather than repeat my points yet again when you turned the topic that way, I thought I'd just vent my frustration by clicking up a bunch of emoticons and posting them.
LOL, I see....

You have a point

In more ways than one.

But think of it like this; one nutter banging on about the Wallace fight is never going to change anything; thus even using emoticons is not going to vent my fustration. But it is fun....
TBooze is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2008, 03:02 PM   #18
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnThomas1
That's interesting, because all i looked up yesty said he hit him while on the canvas but deeper inspection shows a split between hitting on/after the bell and hitting him on the canvas. Weird.
I have him hitting him while down. Witrh the dq happening at 2:59 of the first round.
TBooze is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2008, 04:07 AM   #19
4Rounder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 285

Quote:
Originally Posted by My dinner with Conteh
Because it was done from a marketing standpoint and reeks of more King 'trickerations'. Being apparently insignificant, it shouldn't have happened in the first place. Did his team really 'lobby' or was it just done for him anyway? Maybe every DQ can be changed too, that's be great wouldn't it. No one's crying. In fact, it's only you that seems upset by it.
Sure I am upset over the transparent hate on JC Chavez.

You are telling all of us that a kid with barely any good amateur background to even get noticed and fighting as a pro in the corners of Mexico in his 10th or 12th fight, which is when the disputed decision happened, was already under Don King's wing? Come on.

Back to reality.
Chavez signed with Don King after his 40th+ fight in Los Angeles. The DQ loss in 1981 was overturned a day after the fight.

/END OF THREAD

Last edited by 4Rounder; 02-05-2008 at 05:01 AM.
4Rounder is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2008, 04:55 AM   #20
Woller
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

As late as the 1989 edition of "Pugilato" had it a DQ loss.

Woller
Woller is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2008, 12:51 PM   #21
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Rounder
Chavez signed with Don King after his 40th+ fight in Los Angeles. The DQ loss in 1981 was overturned a day after the fight.
According to DKP and Chavez's manager, who did the deed. As has been stated as late as 89, Chavez still had that defeat to his name, it did not matter, as it was insignificant and Chavez was brilliant.

But then Tyson loses his championship and serves some jail time, and DKP needs a new hero, with IHO, a great story. Chavez was the hero, but with an '0' he was also the great story as well, because DKP could spin the journey to 100 and 0.

Being told a lie about a fighter being undefeated when he was not, is significant when he is fronting the most powerful promotion in boxing. We the fans deserve better. Chavez was great, an amazing fighting machine, he did not need an '0' to get that across.
TBooze is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2008, 02:38 PM   #22
sthomas
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Rounder
nonsense

Chavez hit the guy when the bell rang and Knocked him out, the ref waved it a DQ loss. His team lobbied to have the decision reversed and it got done. Why are people crying over this when its so insignificant and way early in his career?
Sounds like Holyfield in the Olympics. Had they not DQ'd him he would have won the gold medal, and would be retired now, but nnnooooo, he's still trying to fill that void left by ending up with bronze.
sthomas is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum