Old 02-03-2012, 10:25 PM   #31
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Gennady Golovkin vs. Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast View Post
They should've put Golovkin as the co-main on both the K-bros cards to get him some exposure. He needs to build up some hype so guys aren't so quick to avoid him.
He was going to be on the Volodymyr-Mormeck card before vVva got injured. He didn't want to wait 2 months so he held the Simon fight anyways. Having him on the undercards is their plan i believe, just didnt work out this time due to the injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddymickey View Post
Lee is not fighting on that card any more.
Pirog is bit*chin that nobody will fight him and that he is only in it for the sport. Says he might retire.
I hate to say this but because GGG is not a hit in Germany to the same extent that Sturm/Zbik/Sylvester and AA were, I think he should move to USA as this could be his last chance saloon. Otherwise there is nobody and Proksa should really no better than trying to launch a career in Europe too.
I mean they really need ESPN/Showtime/HBO exposure at this stage.
**** the US. It pisses me off how they can essentially blackball a fighter and protect their shitty ones in the process. We need promoters like K2, Titov, Main Events, etc to come together so their can circumvent the big US and German frauds. Golovkin, Pirog, Geale, N'jikam. Proksa, Macklin, Murray, Barker need to say **** the Organized Syndicates and make shit happenon their own.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2012, 05:50 AM   #32
The Spider

vCash:

Not many good fighters seem to want to fight good opponents these days, and Golovkin has a lot of potential opponents running in the opposite direction.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:39 AM   #33
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru

Location: I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now.

MW division is pretty depressing. So many evenly matched fighters who wont/can't fight each other. I'd hate to see Proksa ending up like Pirog and GGG but I won't be surprised if he does. Good performances should be rewarded but in the case of Pirog-Jacobs the opposite happened and I reckon for Proksa after his performance against Sylvester the same will happen. Hope I end up being proved completely wrong of course.
Boro chris is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2012, 10:21 AM   #34
Eastcoast
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
He was going to be on the Volodymyr-Mormeck card before vVva got injured. He didn't want to wait 2 months so he held the Simon fight anyways. Having him on the undercards is their plan i believe, just didnt work out this time due to the injury.

**** the US. It pisses me off how they can essentially blackball a fighter and protect their shitty ones in the process. We need promoters like K2, Titov, Main Events, etc to come together so their can circumvent the big US and German frauds. Golovkin, Pirog, Geale, N'jikam. Proksa, Macklin, Murray, Barker need to say **** the Organized Syndicates and make shit happenon their own.

I meant for the Feb & March cards. I know they're only a few weeks apart, but a couple easy fights on such big events would've given Gena a big push in the media.

I believe with Ken Hershman just haven taken control at HBO, guys like Golovkin, Pirog, Proksa, and even Korobov will finally get a chance to fight big fights on tv.
Eastcoast is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2012, 01:30 PM   #35
Cafe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro chris View Post
MW division is pretty depressing. So many evenly matched fighters who wont/can't fight each other. I'd hate to see Proksa ending up like Pirog and GGG but I won't be surprised if he does. Good performances should be rewarded but in the case of Pirog-Jacobs the opposite happened and I reckon for Proksa after his performance against Sylvester the same will happen. Hope I end up being proved completely wrong of course.
Yep, it seems like MW prospects instead of dominating the opponent have to hold back and barely win the decision (look vulnerable) in order to get a big fight, just absolutely disgusting.
Cafe is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2012, 08:14 PM   #36
Nosbor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I am probably wrong as much as I am correct but it amazes me that posters ever thought N'Jikam was going to fight Golovkin. N'Jamena Jock itch Kam Kam has it way to good fighting overmatched guys in Paris for pretty good money.
Nosbor is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2012, 06:01 AM   #37
pirao666
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro chris View Post
Pirog is just the wrong nationality, if Jacobs had won instead you can bet your ass he would have got a big fight next.
pirao666 is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2012, 06:13 AM   #38
MaliBua
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirao666 View Post
Pirog is just the wrong nationality, if Jacobs had won instead you can bet your ass he would have got a big fight next.
Basically because of degenerated American imbecile Boxing fans these guys end up fighting bums rest of their career with out even getting chance for big Fights. Yeah it is kinda sad.
MaliBua is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2012, 08:11 AM   #39
Zacker
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 214

Meanwhile Golovkin's manager mentioned Andy Lee, Martin Murray and Peter Quillin in a very recent inteview.
Don't know why I bother listening, though. Nothing will come out of the mentioned names anyway.
Zacker is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum