Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2008, 06:05 AM   #1
stegsie
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 434
vCash: 1000
Default VIPBoxing.com News - Thompson, Harding & More...

MARK THOMPSON – Had a near punch perfect performance last Friday halting the normally durable Darren Gethin in 2 rounds . The board of control have suspended Mark from challenging for the British title in a voluntary for the next 12 months ,although it was stated that it is possible that he could be made the mandatory challenger ???? – Presuming that this will not happen ,we will be pushing the Commonwealth route and expect to fight the winner of Craig Watson and his mandatory challenger Philip Kotey.

DANNY HARDING – Seems his luck has changed a little - whilst packing for a trip to Portugal to accompany Carl Johansson as his training partner ,we were informed that Jeff Thomas had withdrew from the Blackpool event with a strained back and Danny will now step in to fight Baz Carey on the show.

GARY DAVIES - Has pulled out of the Liverpool show with a damaged hand and therefore will have to wait until May for his VIP debut

CHANNEL M – All systems are go for the first VIP filming of the sold out Blackpool event on the 16th March which will be shown delayed. Meanwhile to wet the appetite they will be showing highlights this weekend of our last 2 shows of 2007 , tune in at 7pm Saturday for the Colne show and 7pm Sunday for the Bolton ‘Jolly Boys’ event.
stegsie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2008, 06:19 AM   #2
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,830
vCash: 1000
Default Re: VIPBoxing.com News - Thompson, Harding & More...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegsie
DANNY HARDING – Seems his luck has changed a little - whilst packing for a trip to Portugal to accompany Carl Johansson as his training partner ,we were informed that Jeff Thomas had withdrew from the Blackpool event with a strained back and Danny will now step in to fight Baz Carey on the show.


Disappointed for Jeff after all his preparation.

Hope its nothing serious and the comeback plans haven't been setback too much.

elle is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:55 AM   #3
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,459
vCash: 1000
Default Re: VIPBoxing.com News - Thompson, Harding & More...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle
Disappointed for Jeff after all his preparation.

Hope its nothing serious and the comeback plans haven't been setback too much.

Its actually a minor tear to my one of my intercostel muscles on my chest. Proper gutted but waht can you do? Thanks anyway elle
brown bomber is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 07:09 AM   #4
Smith
Monzon-like
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 2,984
vCash: 484
Default Re: VIPBoxing.com News - Thompson, Harding & More...

Shit news, sorry Jeff.

Its going to be hard to make that fight again in the near future after this huh.
Smith is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 07:33 AM   #5
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,459
vCash: 1000
Default Re: VIPBoxing.com News - Thompson, Harding & More...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boydsmith
Shit news, sorry Jeff.

Its going to be hard to make that fight again in the near future after this huh.
Yes I'm gutted but worse things happen in the world trying not to think about it too much at the mo just going to regroup when I can use my arm again. Its ****ed.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:41 AM   #6
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 821
vCash: 1000
Default Re: VIPBoxing.com News - Thompson, Harding & More...

Are you still going to the show?
The Lads is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:46 PM   #7
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,459
vCash: 1000
Default Re: VIPBoxing.com News - Thompson, Harding & More...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lads
Are you still going to the show?
Course have to support Bri and Jack. You going?
brown bomber is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 03:51 PM   #8
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,830
vCash: 1000
Default Re: VIPBoxing.com News - Thompson, Harding & More...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegsie
MARK THOMPSON – Had a near punch perfect performance last Friday halting the normally durable Darren Gethin in 2 rounds . The board of control have suspended Mark from challenging for the British title in a voluntary for the next 12 months ,although it was stated that it is possible that he could be made the mandatory challenger ???? – Presuming that this will not happen ,we will be pushing the Commonwealth route and expect to fight the winner of Craig Watson and his mandatory challenger Philip Kotey.

Mark Thompson v Craig Watson would be a really good fight.

Shame Nuumbembe didn't stay in the UK for a rematch with Watson.
elle is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:43 AM   #9
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 821
vCash: 1000
Default Re: VIPBoxing.com News - Thompson, Harding & More...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas
Course have to support Bri and Jack. You going?
Hope so.
The Lads is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:40 AM   #10
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,459
vCash: 1000
Default Re: VIPBoxing.com News - Thompson, Harding & More...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry D
Tough break Jeff, I know Bobby was looking for his lads to do the hat-trick on that show but it is best to be 100% physically for a comeback.

Good luck with the training over there in Stalybridge.
Thanks Terry

Last edited by oztriker; 02-01-2007 at 09:20 PM.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013