Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #1516
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,697
vCash: 1166
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Legra´s resume is not great....this is fair to say.....but in my opinion his H2H ability is close to MAB, and even close to Pac at that weight.......and clearly better than Jhon, Norwood or Gainer......
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #1517
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,447
vCash: 330
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic-JofreBRASIL View Post
Legra´s resume is not great....this is fair to say.....but in my opinion his H2H ability is close to MAB, and even close to Pac at that weight.......and clearly better than Jhon, Norwood or Gainer......
Straight up, I think pac is the best name across all 3 resumes there.

Anyways, I'm not arguing that jmm has a better feather resume than those, I'm saying I think the distance between them isn't huge.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #1518
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,868
vCash: 75
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

You haven't highlighted Zurita or Casanova?

As a featherweight Pac' was not as good as some of those guys IMO.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:35 PM   #1519
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,447
vCash: 330
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
You haven't highlighted Zurita or Casanova?

As a featherweight Pac' was not as good as some of those guys IMO.
Bold was HOF, Underline was Premiere fighter, Italic was top 5 ranked at the time of the fight. Those were neither.

You could well be right on that and he certainly made massive improvements after the first marquez fight.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:40 PM   #1520
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,447
vCash: 330
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Back to my list.

Just watched Benvenuti stop Rodriguez (any better footage of benvenuti out there?)

He fights very good but he seemd fairly easy to tag, his jab, whilst good wasn't spectacular. His ko shot was brilliant and he'd landed that left hook all fight long.

I think I'm trying to say he looked solid bu unspectacular. Comparable in terms of tier to Basilio IMO. to an untrained eye like mine, they also look similar at times jabbiong and spoiling but with great power hidden in a not great ko percentage.

ali (vs terrell) [A]
armstrong (vs ross) [A]
arguello (vs kobayashi) [b]
benitez (vs cerantes) [b]
angott (vs zivic) [C]
basilio (vs de marco) [D]
benvenuti (vs rodriguez) [D]
apostoli (vs steele) [D]

Does my grading seem fair there? scrap fair because this is all highly subjective, does it seem outrageous or reasonable?
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:43 PM   #1521
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,868
vCash: 75
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Maybe because Rodriguez is truly one of the greatest fighters of all time? I've never been particularly impressed with Benvenuti, one handed, and easy to tag, some subtle nuances to set up his left but getting twatted by Emile Groffith (one punch) And inconsistency mark him down.

The win over Rodriguez, a lock for my top 25, is serious stuff though.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:44 PM   #1522
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,868
vCash: 75
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
Bold was HOF, Underline was Premiere fighter, Italic was top 5 ranked at the time of the fight. Those were neither.

You could well be right on that and he certainly made massive improvements after the first marquez fight.
Fair enough. I think Pacqiuao became better once he stopped cutting weight.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #1523
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 19,025
vCash: 836
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
Back to my list.

Just watched Benvenuti stop Rodriguez (any better footage of benvenuti out there?)

He fights very good but he seemd fairly easy to tag, his jab, whilst good wasn't spectacular. His ko shot was brilliant and he'd landed that left hook all fight long.

I think I'm trying to say he looked solid bu unspectacular. Comparable in terms of tier to Basilio IMO. to an untrained eye like mine, they also look similar at times jabbiong and spoiling but with great power hidden in a not great ko percentage.

ali (vs terrell) [A]
armstrong (vs ross) [A]
arguello (vs kobayashi) [b]
benitez (vs cerantes) [b]
angott (vs zivic) [C]
basilio (vs de marco) [D]
benvenuti (vs rodriguez) [D]
apostoli (vs steele) [D]

Does my grading seem fair there? scrap fair because this is all highly subjective, does it seem outrageous or reasonable?
You gradingthe quality of the fights?

ecause if you are that is ludicrous.


Also on Benvenuti he sort of reminds me of Minter in that he dosent look good ut he gets stuff done. Also how ig is he for a formerLMW< guys huge fora Middleweight anyway.
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #1524
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,447
vCash: 330
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Maybe because Rodriguez is truly one of the greatest fighters of all time? I've never been particularly impressed with Benvenuti, one handed, and easy to tag, some subtle nuances to set up his left but getting twatted by Emile Groffith (one punch) And inconsistency mark him down.

The win over Rodriguez, a lock for my top 25, is serious stuff though.
Could be, does he look better against mazzinghi than he did against lmr? Hard to say.

Some top names on his resume for sure. Just doesn't look top tier on film to me. Seems a lever below the likes of benitez and arguello.

It'll be interesting when I get to lmr, nailing down his peak performance is something I look forward to!
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:55 PM   #1525
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,447
vCash: 330
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPater11093 View Post
You gradingthe quality of the fights?

ecause if you are that is ludicrous.


Also on Benvenuti he sort of reminds me of Minter in that he dosent look good ut he gets stuff done. Also how ig is he for a formerLMW< guys huge fora Middleweight anyway.
No, the quality of the victor's skillset in the fight.

I'm not ranking the fights in greatness, not even the fighters in greatness.

Just ranking how good the fighter's look in their peak performance.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #1526
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,868
vCash: 75
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Some fighters just aren't as aesthetically pleasing as others, as Greg said.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:58 PM   #1527
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,868
vCash: 75
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

And ain't seen either of Nino's fights with Benvenuti.

Seen some of two of his fights with Griffith, all the Rodriguez fights and both fights with Monzon. EDIT: And losing to a probably cancer-ridden Dick Tigerz
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #1528
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,868
vCash: 75
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Tigerz was a typo but I'm keeping it in. Sounds like a kids soft toy, and with a smile like that, probably could be.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #1529
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,447
vCash: 330
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

You stoned again lol?

Yeah I agree that some guys don't look good on film. Some guys don't have a good resume despite looking very good. Some guys never hit the top despite looking good on film and having a good resume.

I like to judge fighters on a mixture of the 3.

H2h is too subjective for me to be comfortable, seeing how effective a man was on his best night is much more reasonable to judge.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:08 PM   #1530
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,868
vCash: 75
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

No I'm not stoned for the first time in over a year! Don't risk it out here mate!
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013