Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-06-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Lightbulb ++++Manny Pacquiao vs Timothy Bradley: Technical/Tactical Breakdown Thread++++

So June 9th we possibly have one of the most intriguing battles in recent memory.

Myself and a few posters on this board have for a while called for this fight and talked big about Bradley's chances of shocking the world and beating Manny Pacquiao.

Timothy has struck gold, after his hustling for position and playing a rook rather then a pawn he's beaten his fellow foes to one of the Two Kings in Pacquiao. Many felt he ducked Khan but now he's got his man and the chance to enter the 'Elite' of the sport. Maybe the brilliant Gorilla Production video was right. Khan and co are the pawn's but Bradley refused to be a soldier in battle. He will have less wear and tear then most of Manny's recent opponents.

For Pacquiao this could well be the short straw, Bradley doesn't bring much fanfare if any! he's also got a style that is extremely difficult to dissect. He's a chameleon in the ring and has a very healthy record against Southpaw's.

For many they will see this as a let down, for the purists they will enjoy every minute of battle.

Let the debate start! Who wins? and Why?

Bradley on how to beat Pac.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pDh12g1A4k[/ame]

To end my OP
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0dQxQGFNZ8[/ame]
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2012, 06:24 PM   #2
Vano-Irons
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: ++++Manny Pacquiao vs Timothy Bradley: Technical/Tactical Breakdown Thread++++

It's late, so I'll just say that Pacquiao kicks the shit out of him and swells his head some more. Tune in tomorrow to find out why
Vano-Irons is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2012, 06:27 PM   #3
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Default Re: ++++Manny Pacquiao vs Timothy Bradley: Technical/Tactical Breakdown Thread++++

Roach was asked if he saw anything special in Bradley and he instead took a shot at the Palm Springs, California fighter before backtracking a bit.

“He’s a dirty fighter, well, he’s a physical fighter,” Roach stated. “He uses his head, elbows, so forth. Manny does have some trouble with that because Manny can’t retaliate. I tell Manny that if a guy hits you low, hit him back low, but he won’t do that. So, the thing is, it could pose a bit of a problem. But the thing is, his speed and his power should be too much for him. It should be an exciting fight as long as it lasts.”
Old 02-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #4
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

This is ganna be emotional. I can see we (those picking Timmy) are ganna have to fight off a storm just like Pacquiao has to (see what i did there).

Will give a thorough breakdown later...
slip&counter is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #5
WalletInspector
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

WAR Timbo.
WalletInspector is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #6
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Thanks Lads .
Old 02-06-2012, 06:55 PM   #7
JIM KELLY
Bullshyt Mr Han Man!
East Side VIP

Im curious with pac's speed (footwork), he looked unusually slower in his last two fights. Timmy may cause a few concerns with his charging and rough play. Paq has the advantage with power and ring generalship at this weight.
JIM KELLY is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #8
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

All the footage i could find of Bradley against Southpaw's.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7HHDbsImX8[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64zvoCpRCSw[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3n0VbHXDjM&feature=related[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQyluJq6FQI[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQAckUuA2MA[/ame]
Old 02-06-2012, 07:20 PM   #9
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

I believe just from quick glimpses of all the fights, Bradley mustn't initiate the attacks. He's got to limit the rash attacks even against Casa he steamed in.

This is about patience, concentration and execution of defense and attack.

I do like the way he pats the jab handing down and throws lead right hands, and shots to body. He's been taught well about how to deal with Southpaw's. He musn't fall in against Pacquiao he's got to limit his offense early!. Starve him of success.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #10
DanielJFiasco
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 565

No way am I rewatching Bradley - Alexander. No man should have to suffer that twice...
DanielJFiasco is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2012, 07:24 PM   #11
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielJFiasco View Post
No way am I rewatching Bradley - Alexander. No man should have to suffer that twice...
Was a decent technical fight, not a barnburner but wasn't a stinker IMO. Just never lived up to expectation mostly cos Alexander felt Bradley's strength early and also didn't like fighting through adversity.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:45 PM   #12
DanielJFiasco
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 565

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
Was a decent technical fight, not a barnburner but wasn't a stinker IMO. Just never lived up to expectation mostly cos Alexander felt Bradley's strength early and also didn't like fighting through adversity.
It could be the fact that it seemed like a defining fight in the build up, and Alexander pissed me off massively by having no appetite for it. I had a few pence on Devon at the time...
DanielJFiasco is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2012, 04:54 AM   #13
Davew430
Contender
ESB Senior Member

One thing's for certain, with both fighter's massive head's, there's gonna' be blood
Davew430 is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2012, 07:02 AM   #14
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT

I expect the fight to end up similar to Pacquiao-Cotto. Maybe not as brutal but of the same role playing nature. Bradley is not a bad technician, and he can be awkward, but most of what is awkward for the opponent by him is derived from his strength as opposed to anything in terms of elsuiveness. He can box, but I don't see him countering and exposing Manny to any degree that he comes stuck, not at all. In fact I think he'll end up just being right there for Manny whilst Manny just goes from strength to strength as the fight progresses. Manny by very comfortable win.
teeto is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2012, 07:04 AM   #15
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

PowerPuncher made some really good points in the General:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
Just for the record I've picked Pacquaio over everyone bar Marquez since his Morales 2 fight. Here are some reasons I see Bradley beating him though:

A Class Right hand counters/leads - Manny struggles with elite right hands. DLH, Cotto, MAB, Hatton all didn't have particularly good right hands, it was a weakness for them. Morales and Marquez had elite right hands. Bradley's right nearly always is very effective against southpaws and against his opposition generally

Experience with fast southpaws - Alexander, Casamayor and Witter. Holt was also a quick. Against southpaws Bradley is adept at using the angles

Defence and chin - Bradley in my view is 1 of the best defensive boxers Manny has come across. He doesn't get hit much and he keeps his chin tucked and rolls with the punches when he does get hit so is hard to hurt. When he was down hard against Holt, he rallied back showing great heart and recuperative skills. Generally he makes few mistakes technically

Speed - Really quick hands, maybe the fastest opponent Pacquaio has faced

Feinting and countering - Bradley is maybe the second best that Manny has come across after Marquez and we saw the problems that brought

General boxing intelligence - Bradley seems to be able to pick up on mistakes his opponents make and find gameplans to exploit mistakes

Intelligent pressure - Bradley likes to back opponents up and works them over on the inside. He doesn't just bullrush though, he cuts down the space and forces mistakes he leaps on. So it's quite a different pressure to Hatton for instance. Manny does not usually fight as well when backed up or on the inside

Headbutts - Bradley dips his head and brings it up so it's not blatant and he gets away with it. It breaks an opponents rhythm and roughs them up and as an extra weapon with his counter punching, makes them cautious to throw at times

Reach advantages - 69 inches so by 2 inches, Cotto and Marquez had the same reach as Pac, Pac had a 2 inch advantage against Hatton. Only Clottey (71), DLH (72), MAB (70), Morales (72) and Mosley (71) were longer than Bradley. Now he has wins over all those rangier opponents but ODLH, Mosley and Morales were past prime and the right hands of Morales and Clottey landed effectively.

Conditioning - Bradley is in his prime has elite stamina, is strong and won't be drained

Roach already underrating Bradley - Roach has said Bradley will be an easy fight and Manny will struggle to 'get up' for someone as lowly as Bradley. Pride comes before a fall and that doesn't sound like the best way to devise a training camp and strategy to beat a top talent like Bradley

A blueprint is in place in how to neutralise Pacquaio - if Bradley follows Marquez and Morales gameplans effectively then he wins

Now I'm not outright picking Bradley, I lean towards him but Pacquaio has the power, speed and workrate unlike what we've seen before to really test Bradley. Bradley is aggressive, comes forward so he may eat punches on the way in against Pacquaio and even get knocked out as many expect. That's a distinct possibility but I think he can rise to the occasion here. In a close fight however it's unlikely he gets a decision.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum