Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 02-07-2012, 05:57 AM   #1
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default 12 Reasons why Bradley could pull the upset against Pacquaio

Just for the record I've picked Pacquaio over everyone bar Marquez since his Morales 2 fight. Here are some reasons I see Bradley beating him though:

A Class Right hand counters/leads - Manny struggles with elite right hands. DLH, Cotto, MAB, Hatton all didn't have particularly good right hands, it was a weakness for them. Morales and Marquez had elite right hands. Bradley's right nearly always is very effective against southpaws and against his opposition generally

Experience with fast southpaws - Alexander, Casamayor and Witter. Holt was also a quick. Against southpaws Bradley is adept at using the angles

Defence and chin - Bradley in my view is 1 of the best defensive boxers Manny has come across. He doesn't get hit much and he keeps his chin tucked and rolls with the punches when he does get hit so is hard to hurt. When he was down hard against Holt, he rallied back showing great heart and recuperative skills. Generally he makes few mistakes technically

Speed - Really quick hands, maybe the fastest opponent Pacquaio has faced

Feinting and countering - Bradley is maybe the second best that Manny has come across after Marquez and we saw the problems that brought

General boxing intelligence - Bradley seems to be able to pick up on mistakes his opponents make and find gameplans to exploit mistakes

Intelligent pressure - Bradley likes to back opponents up and works them over on the inside. He doesn't just bullrush though, he cuts down the space and forces mistakes he leaps on. So it's quite a different pressure to Hatton for instance. Manny does not usually fight as well when backed up or on the inside

Headbutts - Bradley dips his head and brings it up so it's not blatant and he gets away with it. It breaks an opponents rhythm and roughs them up and as an extra weapon with his counter punching, makes them cautious to throw at times

Reach advantages - 69 inches so by 2 inches, Cotto and Marquez had the same reach as Pac, Pac had a 2 inch advantage against Hatton. Only Clottey (71), DLH (72), MAB (70), Morales (72) and Mosley (71) were longer than Bradley. Now he has wins over all those rangier opponents but ODLH, Mosley and Morales were past prime and the right hands of Morales and Clottey landed effectively.

Conditioning - Bradley is in his prime has elite stamina, is strong and won't be drained

Roach already underrating Bradley - Roach has said Bradley will be an easy fight and Manny will struggle to 'get up' for someone as lowly as Bradley. Pride comes before a fall and that doesn't sound like the best way to devise a training camp and strategy to beat a top talent like Bradley

A blueprint is in place in how to neutralise Pacquaio - if Bradley follows Marquez and Morales gameplans effectively then he wins

Now I'm not outright picking Bradley, I lean towards him but Pacquaio has the power, speed and workrate unlike what we've seen before to really test Bradley. Bradley is aggressive, comes forward so he may eat punches on the way in against Pacquaio and even get knocked out as many expect. That's a distinct possibility but I think he can rise to the occasion here. In a close fight however it's unlikely he gets a decision.
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2012, 06:04 AM   #2
Boxed Ears
Dwyer
East Side VIP

vCash: 25999
Default Re: 12 Reasons why Bradley could pull the upset against Pacquaio

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
Just for the record I've picked Pacquaio over everyone bar Marquez since his Morales 2 fight. Here are some reasons I see Bradley beating him though:

A Class Right hand counters/leads - Manny struggles with elite right hands. DLH, Cotto, MAB, Hatton all didn't have particularly good right hands, it was a weakness for them. Morales and Marquez had elite right hands. Bradley's right nearly always is very effective against southpaws and against his opposition generally

Experience with fast southpaws - Alexander, Casamayor and Witter. Holt was also a quick. Against southpaws Bradley is adept at using the angles

Defence and chin - Bradley in my view is 1 of the best defensive boxers Manny has come across. He doesn't get hit much and he keeps his chin tucked and rolls with the punches when he does get hit so is hard to hurt. When he was down hard against Holt, he rallied back showing great heart and recuperative skills. Generally he makes few mistakes technically

Speed - Really quick hands, maybe the fastest opponent Pacquaio has faced

Feinting and countering - Bradley is maybe the second best that Manny has come across after Marquez and we saw the problems that brought

General boxing intelligence - Bradley seems to be able to pick up on mistakes his opponents make and find gameplans to exploit mistakes

Intelligent pressure - Bradley likes to back opponents up and works them over on the inside. He doesn't just bullrush though, he cuts down the space and forces mistakes he leaps on. So it's quite a different pressure to Hatton for instance. Manny does not usually fight as well when backed up or on the inside

Headbutts - Bradley dips his head and brings it up so it's not blatant and he gets away with it. It breaks an opponents rhythm and roughs them up and as an extra weapon with his counter punching, makes them cautious to throw at times

Reach advantages - 69 inches so by 2 inches, Cotto and Marquez had the same reach as Pac, Pac had a 2 inch advantage against Hatton. Only Clottey (71), DLH (72), MAB (70), Morales (72) and Mosley (71) were longer than Bradley. Now he has wins over all those rangier opponents but ODLH, Mosley and Morales were past prime and the right hands of Morales and Clottey landed effectively.

Conditioning - Bradley is in his prime has elite stamina, is strong and won't be drained

Roach already underrating Bradley - Roach has said Bradley will be an easy fight and Manny will struggle to 'get up' for someone as lowly as Bradley. Pride comes before a fall and that doesn't sound like the best way to devise a training camp and strategy to beat a top talent like Bradley

A blueprint is in place in how to neutralise Pacquaio - if Bradley follows Marquez and Morales gameplans effectively then he wins

Now I'm not outright picking Bradley, I lean towards him but Pacquaio has the power, speed and workrate unlike what we've seen before to really test Bradley. Bradley is aggressive, comes forward so he may eat punches on the way in against Pacquaio and even get knocked out as many expect. That's a distinct possibility but I think he can rise to the occasion here. In a close fight however it's unlikely he gets a decision.
I agree Bradley has a good shot, here and this might be his big day, the one that propels him into being a great fighter, instead of a very good fighter with potential. But, the Roach underrating him thing, I give no weight to. Roach says a lot of shit and doesn't half contradict himself often either. I think he knows Bradley could turn out a handful. Personally, I think if Pacweather and Mayquiao cannot make a fight, they've both picked pretty good second-choices, from what's out there. But, I consider Pac more beatable and Cotto a much bigger underdog than Bradley. Hopefully, after this, we can see Mayweather VS Clottey and Margarito and Pacquiao VS Ortiz and Castillo.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2012, 06:06 AM   #3
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Top post. Agree with everything.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2012, 06:07 AM   #4
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

pac

KO
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2012, 06:14 AM   #5
hussleman
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Hmm..very good post. Bradley, can beat Pacman even he doesn't go along with Arum script.
hussleman is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2012, 06:19 AM   #6
Hoshi
bigboi
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2419

Don't see it personally. Nice points though.

Looking forward to both fights. Definitely not PPV though. C'mon Sky Sports!
Hoshi is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2012, 06:59 AM   #7
Richel Hersisia
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1360

one big reason he isn't:

Top Rank in house fights when a star fights a non star never produce upsets. never.

Bradley's task is to lose and make pacquiao look as good as possibe.
Richel Hersisia is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2012, 07:13 AM   #8
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

I think Pac will outland him & win on points in a very tough fight.
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2012, 07:46 AM   #9
this_and_that
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 155

Respect your post but..

I guess you underestimate Pac's counters and defense way too much here bud.
The man can counter. And he can really defend when he wants too.
It's catching him cold when he is throwing something that's the way to beat him. Unfortunately, I don't see anyone other than the great JMM able to do that to him.
I don't Timmy here can either.
this_and_that is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2012, 07:54 AM   #10
floyd_g.o.a.t
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I got Bradley in this fight aswell

His hunger and determination will see him win this
floyd_g.o.a.t is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2012, 08:00 AM   #11
Anima
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 882

I got bradley eating a lot of right hands when stepping in.
Anima is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2012, 08:06 AM   #12
el_indio
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

A south paw with a huge head vs conventional = Bradley KO4 via headbutt
el_indio is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #13
Morrissey
Underrated
ESB Addict

Pretty solid assessment of Bradley's chances, which I agree with.

We might see a changing of the guards right in this fight.
Morrissey is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2012, 08:15 AM   #14
Guybino
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

1 reason Bradley will not beat Pacqiuao:

Bob Arum.
Guybino is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2012, 08:16 AM   #15
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

A really good thread, actually surprisingly good for you, lots to think about from your post, but the below is the only part where you let yourself down, this is a really really stupid thing to say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
Popkins is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum