Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-07-2012, 08:54 AM   #31
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: ++++Manny Pacquiao vs Timothy Bradley: Technical/Tactical Breakdown Thread++++

Some things for Manny to consider......

1. Have a serious think about the sparring partners you bring in
After the Mosley fight, which revealed so much, it baffles me as to how and why the same mistakes were repeated against JMM. Seriously, which types of fighters is Manny sparring in the gym for such blatant weaknesses to go unnoticed? For this fight, they really need to hire some quick, defensively orientated partners.

2. Controlling the distance
How about patiently stepping to, and securing the ideal punching distance from you and your opponent before launching your attacks? Because it’s certainly better than throwing punches first, realizing you’re not close enough, to then overreach in more attempts, before ultimately leaving yourself off balance and wide open for counters.

3. Stepping to the right and cutting off
Every potential opponent of yours now will circle to the left to take your main hand away from you. In which case, you really need to begin stepping to right and using your right hook more. Cutting the escape routes will restrict the opponents’ movements, and give you more opportunities to land meaningful connects.

4. What’s happened to your feints, bro?
Seems like you’ve grown too comfortable fighting stationary opponents, and forgot the need for feinting. With a defensive fighter like Bradley (and Mayweather), you’ll need to carefully track their movements/actions before committing to and wasting punches. Try feinting to see which defensive position they jump to – whether it be ducking, covering, stepping back, etc – and then decide on your method of attack. This’ll need to be used in conjunction with point 2 and 3 (controlling the distance and cutting off), and you may find yourself not being in the position to throw for the most part, but keep doing it until you trap your man and he’s not in any position to jump into another effective defensive position.

5. Don’t automatically look for a knockout
Chances are, that Bradley will be quick, strong and intelligent enough to last the full 12. Being foolishly aggressive and looking for a quick solution, could cost you the fight. If you want that knockout, you’ll have to work for it. This isn’t a Cotto or a Hatton that’ll let you hit him at will. You’ll have to carefully search, find, attack, compromise the fact that he’ll escape on most occasions, and repeat the process. If you acknowledge and accept the fight for the type that it is – a chasing game – then you’ll be less frustrated/disappointed when you’re not allowed to hit at will.

So in conclusion, Pac’s just gotta’ be more measured with his attacks. Bradley WILL NOT foolishly walk in to or remain in one position to be hunted down. Pac must feint, control distance and cut of the ring to increase his success rate.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2012, 09:08 AM   #32
connormc

vCash: 500
Default Re: ++++Manny Pacquiao vs Timothy Bradley: Technical/Tactical Breakdown Thread++++

can see manny coming unstuck in his fight bradley is to fresh
connormc is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #33
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT
vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPater11093 View Post
Bradley isnt really that much of a ring general either, I wouldnt say he is a better general than Pacquiao flat out. In his biggest win (vs Alexander) he just basically plodded forward relying on aggression and strength.
more so of a general than Pacquiao from what I see, it's not liek either of them excel in that area so it's there or there about like
teeto is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2012, 01:28 PM   #34
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeto View Post
more so of a general than Pacquiao from what I see, it's not liek either of them excel in that area so it's there or there about like
I'd say neither of them are general's, or good enough, to make it a valid point though, cause I dont think the generalship will make much odds to the fight if you get me?
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2012, 01:38 PM   #35
JN43
Belt holder
ESB Addict

some points
I feel this is the fight were we see if Pacquiaos heart is still in boxing.
Pacquiao should win.
Bradleys resume is underrated.
The fact the fight is at 147 makes 0 difference, bradleys usually fights 140 pounders that come in heavier than pacquio.
JN43 is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #36
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by JN43 View Post
some points
I feel this is the fight were we see if Pacquiaos heart is still in boxing.
Pacquiao should win.
Bradleys resume is underrated.
The fact the fight is at 147 makes 0 difference, bradleys usually fights 140 pounders that come in heavier than pacquio.
I agree about the weight limit, which is a non issue in this fight, Tim & Pac are basically the same size.

Regarding Pac's hunger for the sport, I dont think he has looked as vicious post-Cotto. He admitted carrying Margo for the last few rounds & didnt really look like finishing off Clottey & Mosely.
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2012, 04:11 PM   #37
Jimmyhammer
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMo View Post
I agree about the weight limit, which is a non issue in this fight, Tim & Pac are basically the same size.

Regarding Pac's hunger for the sport, I dont think he has looked as vicious post-Cotto. He admitted carrying Margo for the last few rounds & didnt really look like finishing off Clottey & Mosely.

I don't think it was for the want off trying against Mosley, Pac chased him around the ring for the last 6 rounds and looked generally disappointed at the end to have not got him out , that said that fight in general was way too friendly. I think Manny will be back to his brutal best against a guy like Bradley who comes to fight and not just survive.
Jimmyhammer is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2012, 04:32 PM   #38
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

It seems Tim wants to beat Pac on the front foot. That is hard. Tactically, he knows what needs to be done and he has the experience. Tim is a good fighter. Pac now excels on the back foot and lights your world up (Margo, Cotto, Diaz, Hatton etc). Pacs invincible run is against come forward fighters.

Put Pac in with a guy who can go 12 rounds and waits to counter him and he has trouble. He has looked bad in his last 2 fights. Even when he lost to Morales. If you can reduce him to one or two punches then his bouncey in and out style doesn't work.

I think Pac has deterioated as an aggressive fighter. He looks a million dollars because he has guys like DLH, Hatton and Margo in his face while taking huge shots that bust them up or ko them.

Pac was once one dimensional but I think he is even more one dimensional now because he has become so comfortable with boxing on the back foot. All his pad work with Roach is counter punches, stepping off, finding angles. No more coming in behind a rapid fire jab and putting a huge left hand behind it and then combos when he has a guy stationary. It was one dimensional but it was his come forward approach. Now I don't think he has a come forward approach, or at least not a good one. Don't even think he can cut off a ring but he has always been able to get in on his opponent fast enough.

Ultimately, I don't think the way to beat Pac is on the front foot. Bradley is a good fighter technically but is he as big or even as imposing on the front foot as DLH, Margo, Cotto, Hatton, even Diaz or MAB?! Pac is a super talent and going forward draws on all his super talents as you get caught with incredible speed and devastating power. This only makes it harder to get in on him. Few men of similar proportions can last 12 rounds with Pac.

Then again, I'm not sure if Tim is a good enough boxer to out box Pac. For me, I think Tim has to box and brawl. I'm not sure if he can counter punch like JMM so that style is out. His best bet is the fact he is an all rounder who can handle a fight whether it is on the inside, on the ropes, backing up or going forward. Stay in one gear and Pac will hurt you all night en route to a decision or brutal ko.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2012, 06:12 AM   #39
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPater11093 View Post
I'd say neither of them are general's, or good enough, to make it a valid point though, cause I dont think the generalship will make much odds to the fight if you get me?
yeah I never said it would do like, that's what I mean, Bradley is probably slightly better in that regard imo but it doesn't matter because they're both nothing of note in that area and Pacquiao will end up just battering him
teeto is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2012, 06:39 AM   #40
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836

got you then.
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2012, 07:59 AM   #41
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

"He can be beat," Bradley said to the Los Angeles Times. "I just need to get in there and follow my game plan. I know his weaknesses, his favorite combinations. In my mind, I'm definitely going to win. I'll take it to this guy."

"It's harder for Pacquiao to land his shots now, and you even saw that in the [May 2011] Shane Mosley fight. Look, Marquez had Pacquiao's number, and Marquez is 38 and past his prime. Here they were making excuses after [Pacquiao conditioning coach Alex] Ariza had said before Marquez that even God himself couldn't beat Pacquiao. I'm younger, stronger and faster than Marquez."
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #42
perspicacity
Raising The Bar
ESB Addict

vCash: 185000

This is as good a time as any for Bradley to fight Manny. He seems confident and is around his physical peak. He features well against southpaws, is adaptable and a tough, dirty SOB.

Pacquiao has shown signs of decline with uninspiring performances by his own standards against Mosley and Marquez. He also suffered a pretty nasty cut due to a headbutt against Marquez and although seemingly too obvious a prediction, this could be a major issue against Bradley.

For me Bradley has to use the Marquez template to win. He needs to get his footwork right and think on his feet and more importantly keep Manny thinking and guessing the entire fight, and gain his respect. Any lapses will guarantee punishment and could put him off his gameplan. He has the quick counter right-hand and he needs to use this to punish Pacquiao every time Manny tries to initiate an assault. Like Marquez he will have to reset himself in preparation for the next Pacquiao flurry after each succesful counter, making sure he stays out of range of the left hand.

This is a big ask in my opinion. I think Bradley will make it difficult and have his moments with decent counter rights but there is the danger he will taste Manny's power to the extent he goes into defensive mode for long spells. I dont think Pacquiao will find the target easily but when he does I think it results in a negative performance from Bradley, boring in with his head and clinching more as the fight goes on.

Here's a few examples of how to get under Manny's skin and get his respect, in the first two we see Marquez and Morales fight fire with fire, I really cant see Bradley pulling off these types of counter assaults which are required to beat Pacquiao.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Whereas here we see Marquez get through with a single right hand, this is something Bradley will look to have success with and will need if he is to get the upset.

We could see Jinkee scream when Timmy goes in with the head though!

Last edited by perspicacity; 02-21-2012 at 02:45 AM.
perspicacity is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2012, 09:50 PM   #43
Go Getta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 336

Is Pacman on the slide??

The question is which version of Pac turn up? In his at 2 fights Pac has found it hard to cut off the ring, fielding after the fights he has been suffering from leg cramps, now if this is true then there might be more than meets the eye in the sense either something is wrong with his legs or Alex is doing something wrong with him in training.

Alex says he can't pin the problem, for his and Pac shake lets hope they do because Bradley can pull off the same type of tactics JMM used and to a better effect.

Bradley is fast on his feet and can come in out of range quite easy he is good on the outside and inside, he can also change gameplans mid fights to adjust if needed vs Pac he will be more cautious, both fighters work off hooks but Bradley has a better jab, he don't have the timing of JMM but is faster than him and strong on the inside.

PAC needs to be the old Pac and be better with his foot work and he can hunt Bradley down and side step when Bradley comes in and land his combos without that Pac as we know is not a single punch fighter and needs to land his combos to win his fights, Bradley will make it hard for Pac to chase him at times and if he is successful in making Pacman ineffective in landing his combos then he has a decent chance of an upset.

Let's not forget Bradley is in his prime and a unbeaten champion in his own right, and has waited for this challenge and payday for some time avoiding other fights and changing promotors to get this shot, he won't lay down for PAC.

This is a good fight trust me.
Go Getta is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2012, 10:08 PM   #44
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getta View Post
Is Pacman on the slide??

The question is which version of Pac turn up? In his at 2 fights Pac has found it hard to cut off the ring, fielding after the fights he has been suffering from leg cramps, now if this is true then there might be more than meets the eye in the sense either something is wrong with his legs or Alex is doing something wrong with him in training.

Alex says he can't pin the problem, for his and Pac shake lets hope they do because Bradley can pull off the same type of tactics JMM used and to a better effect.

Bradley is fast on his feet and can come in out of range quite easy he is good on the outside and inside, he can also change gameplans mid fights to adjust if needed vs Pac he will be more cautious, both fighters work off hooks but Bradley has a better jab, he don't have the timing of JMM but is faster than him and strong on the inside.

PAC needs to be the old Pac and be better with his foot work and he can hunt Bradley down and side step when Bradley comes in and land his combos without that Pac as we know is not a single punch fighter and needs to land his combos to win his fights, Bradley will make it hard for Pac to chase him at times and if he is successful in making Pacman ineffective in landing his combos then he has a decent chance of an upset.

Let's not forget Bradley is in his prime and a unbeaten champion in his own right, and has waited for this challenge and payday for some time avoiding other fights and changing promotors to get this shot, he won't lay down for PAC.

This is a good fight trust me.
That is a very good post Darni
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #45
Go Getta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C84 View Post
That is a very good post Darni

Thanks Bill.
Go Getta is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum