Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-08-2012, 10:40 AM   #181
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: The all things technical thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown bomber View Post
The guys brilliant. Mean that... amazing knowledge.

For anyone that ain't seen this.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buWDuAmXzlU[/ame]
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #182
WalletInspector
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Really good that highlights video, Jeff.
WalletInspector is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2012, 10:46 AM   #183
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip&counter View Post
Awesome. Thanks for the response, Jeff. I never knew you had so many lads under your wing. I look forward to you producing a fine champion as i'm sure with your vast knowledge you will. You've learned from some good guys and you seem to have done the neccesary courses and know the pitfalls. It's sad to see trainers be so jealous of eachother and having such an ego and not trying to learn from others. It certainly hurts the sport.

I would've loved to go into training but i think the time has passed me by. Starting now would be doing a massive disserve to myself and to anyone that would be unfortunate enough to get involved with me. It's funny because all the male members of my family are BIG boxing fans, but no one really went into and got involved in the sport in any serious capacity, apart from some extended family members. I was the closest to being a fighter but alas it never happened and it's probabily too late now to get into training. There would be too much work that needs to be done and you don't wanna end up trying to learn on the job and ruining someone. I've got a young son and i'll try and get him into the gym when he's old enough. I just hope i don't become one of those pushy fathers who wants to live his dream through his son and ends up doing serious damage.

Having your own gym and producing a champion would just be the ultimate.
How old are you? Why tell yourself you can't do something before you even try. Guess what, I couldn't box, be a good dad, go in the army, Run an iSO security company, work the doors, get an a level, get a degree, work as a body guard, make a comeback after 5 years, compete in prizefighter, train boxers, be a personal trainer, have a decent job, raise a family, start my own business either - these are all things I couldn't do for whatever reason... But I did it! Unless your 70 years old and about to die I recommend you follow your dreams - because that's what life is for - everything else is just an obstacle that needs to be overcome ....

If you have a vision or a dream go for it! **** been realistic- let the realistic people sit at home watching tv while us crazy people do the impossible!
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #184
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalletInspector View Post
Really good that highlights video, Jeff.
Thank you - I know I'm better then I let myself believe
Old 02-08-2012, 10:54 AM   #185
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947

Quote:
How old are you? Why tell yourself you can't do something before you even try. Guess what, I couldn't box, be a good dad, go in the army, Run an iSO security company, work the doors, get an a level, get a degree, work as a body guard, make a comeback after 5 years, compete in prizefighter, train boxers, be a personal trainer, have a decent job, raise a family, start my own business either - these are all things I couldn't do for whatever reason... But I did it! Unless your 70 years old and about to die I recommend you follow your dreams - because that's what life is for - everything else is just an obstacle that needs to be overcome ....

If you have a vision or a dream go for it! **** been realistic- let the realistic people sit at home watching tv while us crazy people do the impossible!
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2012, 11:12 AM   #186
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

Quote:

I can see why you're a personal trainer, Jeff. That is some motivational talk right that, bro. You got me fired up! Really appreciate the encouragement.

I'm 32. Too old?

Btw, i couldn't agree more about communication being so important and knowing how to transfer what a trainer knows on to his fighter. You see so many trainers who you know have so much insight and knowledge of the game but can't communicate it properly to their fighters.
slip&counter is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #187
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip&counter View Post
I can see why you're a personal trainer, Jeff. That is some motivational talk right that, bro. You got me fired up! Really appreciate the encouragement.

I'm 32. Too old?

Btw, i couldn't agree more about communication being so important and knowing how to transfer what a trainer knows on to his fighter. You see so many trainers who you know have so much insight and knowledge of the game but can't communicate it properly to their fighters.
No way is 32 too old. Ur dealing in knowledge - if you know more then the next person what is to stop you. Don't sell yourself short- if you have a goal that you really want to achieve then make it your daily objective to move toward your goal.

You started it by composing this thread- you began to acquire and swap knowledge and opinions on training, you got a template for a route - a how to! I like what you write your observations on the subtleties is brilliant! 32 is the perfect age to start for you. Because its your time right now. Start getting your plans together and do it. I promise I'll help you any way I can.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:43 AM   #188
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

This is one of reasons i love this sight and this sport.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:47 AM   #189
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
This is one of reasons i love this sight and this sport.
how else can you live ??
Old 02-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #190
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
how else can you live ??

Exactly, this sports a drug and one i can't kick and i don't wanna .

Reading thoughts in this thread, i wanna get into boxing again whether it be fighting or training. My fitness is getting better and should soon be doing a few sunday sessions with a former pro. I'm gonna relax enjoy the training and see where it takes me. Your a inspiration to us Jeff i think i can say that on behalf of us all on here.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #191
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

That's kind mate
Old 02-08-2012, 12:19 PM   #192
atberry
Belt holder
ESB Addict

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
atberry is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2012, 01:58 PM   #193
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

Cheers, Jeff. You've certainly got me geed up. I echo SPB's words. You're an inspiration.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:02 PM   #194
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by atberry View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

You must do a thorough analysis and breakdown of Eubank's game, Atberry.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:52 PM   #195
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

To echo what someone else posted - what a great thread. The attention whores and anti-Bunce crowd won't come near anything which will expose how little they know of the sport.

I've really enjoyed every single post on here - even the different perspectives on the same stuff are fascinating. I think it gets easy to get caught up in hype, but once you know what makes one fighter technically more capable of beating another, you see through it.

The first time I really took notice of technique was when someone showed me Leonard-Hearns I: two massively gifted boxers with brilliant fundamentals in a high-speed chess match for 14 rounds.

You see how Leonard tried to jab to the body and needed to adjust to Hearns' reach, you see how Hearns wasn't used to guys who could get to him in close, - then you see them switch their normal roles, but the footwork, the jabbing and punch selection... everything has a purpose. There is no wanton aggression - both men were looking for openings, using their feet and feints to create them, and using their brains to adapt to what they could find.

And at the end? Pure killer instinct from Leonard when he got the chance to take out Tommy, he did it mercilessly and with cold precision.

I was fortunate that someone pointed all of that out to me.
dftaylor is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum