Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 02-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #1546
Conn
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
Sugar Ray Leoanrd KO3 Bruce Finch

"As one-sided as a lynching" according to the rather colourful commentary...
That's one of Reg's.

He trotted that one out for the Larry Holmes - Marvis Frazier fight too.
Conn is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2012, 11:51 PM   #1547
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Frank Fletcher-Domingo Roldan.

Real good fun this, Roldan comes out like he's a lunatic and runs into an actual one. Though Roldan calms down and tries to counterpunch a little bit he's still basically running mad, and you can't blame him after he throws Fletcher clean out of the ring early doors. Trying to hit him with backhanders and all sorts of shit. Beautiful KO, picture perfect uppercut and then a horribel right hand to knock Fletcher cleanly out. Apart from the dangerous looking knockout it's an absolute hoot.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2012, 11:55 PM   #1548
salsanchezfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Frank Fletcher-Domingo Roldan.

Real good fun this, Roldan comes out like he's a lunatic and runs into an actual one. Though Roldan calms down and tries to counterpunch a little bit he's still basically running mad, and you can't blame him after he throws Fletcher clean out of the ring early doors. Trying to hit him with backhanders and all sorts of shit. Beautiful KO, picture perfect uppercut and then a horribel right hand to knock Fletcher cleanly out. Apart from the dangerous looking knockout it's an absolute hoot.

Roldan was fun. He used to wrestle bears, so they say.
salsanchezfan is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2012, 12:52 AM   #1549
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Barry McGuigan KO6 Valerio Nati

Bit of a coming of age for Barry this. Nati was useful and durable and experienced at European title level having fought there nine times previously. McGuigan puts the pieces of his upstairs downstairs attack together to lift the title. I thought Nati did ok early and I actually scored him the first two rounds but he visibly started to wilt as McGuigan began landing left-hooks to the body and eventually the right hands. His problem is he doesn't know what to do with himself once McGuigan finds his stride, if he backs up he passes up the only opportunity he has to win the fight, volume, if he comes on he is exposed downstairs, and although he's durable, he's not taking these shots. left hook that finally does the damage, as Nati clearly sags after taking that body shot before shipping two left-hands upstairs.He throws himself to the ground before Barry can follow up and pretty much quits without any air in him.

I love the crowd for McGuigan's fights. They absolutely roar the place down for the punches that his misses...they love him. The world could use an Irishman that fights like a Mexican right now.

Last edited by McGrain; 02-10-2012 at 12:42 PM.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2012, 04:30 AM   #1550
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Frank Cedano KO7 Charlie Magri

Some beltinig moments in commentary from Carpenter here.

"Magri lands a right hand on Cerdano's...Chinese looking face...Cerdano peers out at him through slanty eyes."

Fabulous fight. Magri won the first two rounds barely but had all the head-movement beaten out of him in the third. You can tell when a fighter never settles to head-movement properly because it's something they can only do when they are fresh and/or unhurt. As soon as Magri gets hurt he forgets his head-movement. But there's a telling moment in the third where he shucks left, then right, bobs up and gets jabbed on his face. Cerdano just found him, and when he did those jab-straight combos couldn't miss. He added a winging right hook as the fight progressed and the trailing uppercut for the first KD was a beaut.

Not the southpaw curse, just Magri getting beaten up by a tougher, bigger fighter.

You seen Cerdeno lose the title to Kobayashi? If not I'll upload it when I get back...I take it you have subscribed to my channel?

Lora, any update on Zapata-Vorasingh or Berkrek-and guy who's name I (criminally) can't remember at the mo'?
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2012, 08:49 AM   #1551
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Yeah, upload it dude. Imma start uploading a couple of things I think.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2012, 10:07 AM   #1552
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Give me a week or so, too busy gettin' my **** sucked for the next week.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #1553
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

It's good that you and your dad are so close.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2012, 11:55 PM   #1554
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2012, 02:35 AM   #1555
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
It's good that you and your dad are so close.
****er That's non-consented bumming I'll have you know.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2012, 01:28 PM   #1556
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Emile Griffith vs Brian Curvis

Good infighting skills by both.....nice defensive skills by Curvis, very elusive......But Curvis stays in the close range a bit too much ....even so he landed good body punches himself sometimes......however, the Emileīs body punches really hurted him more than once after the first 5 rounds....hard hard body shots !!

Curvis didnīt try to box all the time.....but when he did (especially in the second half of the fight).. it was really good to watch....
The british landed great straight lefts during the fight....

EG - 1, 3, 6 (10-8 body punch), 7, 8, 10 (10- 8 ), 11, 12, 13 (10-8, body punch again), 14, 15

BC- 2, 4, 5, 9
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2012, 01:29 PM   #1557
lora
Fighting Zapata
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

I haven't come across them Flea.To be honest i need to put a good few days aside to really sort stuff out.
lora is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #1558
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836

Griffiths right uppercut to the body was sickening. Lovely performance by Griffith.

Watched Benitez vs Cervantes. Really good performance by Benitez but it is a weird fight. For long periods of the fight Benitez is making Cervantes miss but not really doing much with it. I loved the way Benitez negated Cervantes' range, by slightly leaning to his own left and pivoting through with a snappy jab, really lovely stuff.

Offensivly Benitez wasn't as sharp ashe would become, although he showed it in flashes, like the fifteenth for instance where he gets inside and throws four lovely uppercuts to the body and throughout the early rounds he lands some lovely 1-2-left hooks combinations. But generally his offence consists of his jab and a lunging left hook and as the bout progressed he got slightly more sloppy with each, however, admirably, kept his defensive poise, resulting in a weird situation where Cervantes was keeping good form but couldnt land anything because of Benitez defence and Benitez couldnt capitalise on the misses because of his offensive sloppiness.

Benitez became a much more aesthetically pleasing fighter up at Welterweight IMO, just hadnt quite put everything together here.

Benitez :1,2,3,4,5,7,12,13,15
Cervantes:8,10,14
Total: 147-141 Benitez (9-3-3)

Rounds missing: 6,9,11

Version I watched was the best quality version around but has three rounds missing, have a fullcopy somewhere.
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #1559
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Joe Calzaghe-Charles Brewer

Reasonably entertaining fight...Starts at a very brisk pace, both guys very willing to mix it up early.
Joe won wide but not easily if you ask me...Makes a bit of a meal of it at times with his winging shots and awkward showboating..But once he calmed down a bit and started using his footspeed and 1-2/left leads down the pipe he ran away with it.

Never really seem to bother the average whiskers of Brewer but Charles seemed to have the best passage late in the 7th where he had Joe a little bit buzzed from a succession of hooks and uppercuts.

JC...2,3,4,5,6,8,9,10,12
CB..1,7
Scored the 11th even..couldn't really split them there, neither did particularly clean work..Brewer had a good last minute, Joe seemed to edge to early part of the round.

The first I could see for Joe but IMO he wasn't landing anything of real quality..was made to miss big at times and took some clean shots on the inside that the Welsh crowd probably would have missed.

JC's conditioning is something else though..only thing that really stood out for me in this fight.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2012, 08:19 PM   #1560
HawkFan16
Unshot/In My Prime
ESB Addict

Pacquiao-Marquez III

Round 1: 10-9 Pacquiao
Round 2: 10-9 Marquez
Round 3: 10-9 Pacquiao
Round 4: 10-9 Pacquiao
Round 5: 10-9 Marquez
Round 6: 10-9 Marquez
Round 7: 10-9 Marquez
Round 8: 10-9 Pacquiao
Round 9: 10-9 Pacquiao
Round 10: 10-9 Pacquiao
Round 11: 10-9 Marquez
Round 12: 10-9 Pacquiao

115-113 Pacquiao

Close fight overall. Rounds 6, 8, 9, and 10 were all close rounds, and I can understand why people would score either of those rounds in either direction. I really don't see how people think Marquez won this one 9-3 though. It could be scored 8-4 for either guy depending on how you score the swing rounds, but I think the fairest outcome would be 7-5 in either direction or a draw.
HawkFan16 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum