Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 01-31-2008, 04:26 AM   #91
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: A question for posters on the british forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggyland
I was watching 'Dispatches' the other night about the gangs in Glasgow - violence and division seems to be part of the culture up there - truly.
Makes for good fighter though eh
Apologies for the 'non boxing' thread I put in, I will keep it for the lounge in future. But you know me, I say whats on my mind at the time! If you catch me in the right mood, I will talk about anything! But as the man said, we should stick to boxing only in here. & Thats what i will do.

Last edited by Dunky McCafferty; 02-01-2008 at 01:14 AM.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2008, 01:07 PM   #92
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

I'm also a Jambo and not a fan of Arthur, nothing to do with him being a Hibbee.
He just talks pish and has always seemed deluded. I remember when he was with Freddie Roach (who didn;t bother turning up for the Gomez debacle) he used to go on about how he might share a room with Tyson and Toney...he thought he was on the same level as them.
Basically he talks too much, and most of it is shite.
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 01:43 PM   #93
steelem
Contender
ESB Senior Member

[quote=Dunky McCafferty]

In fact, the one thing I noticed about this thread was the almost universal dislike of Kahn, I dont understand it.

probaly cus his Indian Dunky
steelem is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 02:41 PM   #94
shawn1262231

I'm an English-American, English Yank or how about an American of English descent I tend to follow British boxing a little more than the casual American boxing fan. I would cheer mainly for a Brit or some non-American fighters because I'm tired of all this "He's not on my level" "I only want to fight big names" crap that comes from mainly US fighters. There's only 5 US fighters I like Cotto,Juan Diaz,Pavlik,Cunningham,Dawson basically because they just shut up and fight and they don't think they're holier than thou like Jones,Wright,Hopkins and especially Tarver who I hope gets his ass kicked by Woods.
shawn1262231 is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 04:03 PM   #95
ron u.k.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

are the sweaties on here having a little squabble like.
ron u.k. is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2008, 01:34 AM   #96
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamboGoz
Man you know how to go off on one for reasons only known to yourself. We are not all like the people you have just ranted on about.

I think I stated in my post my reason for not liking Arthur. I think he's a **** of a boy that talks absolute shit and thinks he is waaaaay better than he actually is. I just don't like guy, pure and simple. If he were a Jambo I would say he's a **** too.

To add to the above he wore a ****in horrendous tight white top on an interview I seen recently on setanta. That confirmed his helmet like status there and then

Seriously man, many of my close mates are hibs fans and I am not one of those types that would dislike someone because they were hibby's. I am a fairly balanced guy and don't let something like that cloud my judgement.
No problems JamboGaz my man. Thanks for explaining yourself. However, most boxers have to have an arrogance about them, its a tough sport & if you dont have utter & complete self belief, you will fall short. Sometimes as a boxing fan you have to realise if these guys didnt talk themselves up, they would either have no fanbase, or no TV interest. If Alex was a humble lad, where would he be now? Alex Arthur is big news, cos hes made himself big news throughout the years. A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do, & now hes on the brink of a superfight. Would he have gotten so far without a total belief in himself? Think about it, would Bernard hopkins be where he was today without total self-belief? Dont be so harsh on your own kind. This aint the street, this is world boxing, where self-confidence is necessary.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:35 AM   #97
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron u.k.
are the sweaties on here having a little squabble like.
Me squabble with my own? Im just rallying the troops Ron...
Old 02-01-2008, 07:41 PM   #98
johnny5
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1238

I'm an Englishman who supports all the british fighters (as long as like them). 2 of my all time favourite fighters are Calzaghe and McGuigan.
johnny5 is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2008, 12:45 AM   #99
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardhands
well done dunky great reading you no how 2 put the cat amongst the pigeons,your a class act
Thanks very much for the nice words Hardhands, but believe it or not when I make these kind of posts Im speaking straight from the heart. Im not trying to kick up a fuss, thats too easy. If I wanted to just throw a cat amongst the pigeons, there are easier ways to go about it!

I would gladly take your 'class act' compliment if I deserved it, but I dont. Why? cos I am for real my friend.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:17 AM   #100
ApatheticLeader
is bringing ***y back.
East Side Guru

vCash: 187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty
I hope you dont mind me asking, & this thread could possibly bomb, cos its so close to the bone.
However, Im going to ask anyway.

Most people here are from Scotland, England, NI.Ireland, ROI & Wales.

So how do you view british boxing? Do you cheer on fighters from your own country above anyone else, or do you cheer on fighters from the aforementioned countries equally, as we are all 'british'

I ask as I want to find out just how 'british' people from these shores truly feel.
As I said before though, this is a tough question so I dont mind if certain posters wish to avoid it cos its a cutting question.
So if you are still reading, are you a poster who cheers on fighters from these shores equally? Or do you want people from your own country to win above all else?
& the question is aimed at the english, scots, Irish & welsh.

& lets have some honest answers please. No *****footing around. I hate *****footers.
Truthfully, which nation that a fighter is from is completely and totally irrelevant to me. I'm not patriotic, but neither do I denigrate England. To be honest I don't even support British fighters because they are British when they are fighting someone from outside Britain - I just don't care either way.
ApatheticLeader is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum