Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 02-20-2012, 05:38 AM   #1
micky
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default How good is Denis Shafikov?

Seen a bit of him on youtube and he looks decent enough and he travels to fight McAllister in the scotsman's back yard this Saturday, would be interested to know what you guys think of Shafikov.

He looks to move well and being a southpaw can't be a bad thing for him, but McAllister has good footwork but lacks a little pop in his punches, I just wonder if he can keep Shafikov off him after the half way stage.

Just wonder if Shafikov is the real deal or perhaps a little over-rated. his draw with Zamora makes me think he cannot be world level as that was at home and you assume he would have got favours on the cards, although I confess I did not see the fight.

What do you reckon?
micky is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2012, 06:04 AM   #2
Zacker
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 214
Default Re: How good is Denis Shafikov?

Shafikov is good, I like him. The draw against Zamora was by all accounts unfair, Shafikov won that one handily. As I don't know McAllister I can't make a prediction.
Zacker is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #3
MaliBua
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Shafikov fighting 1.12 in MEXICO against Albert Mensah for [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Seems like Shafikov has dropped from junior welter to lightweight, good move I would say.
MaliBua is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #4
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliBua View Post
Shafikov fighting 1.12 in MEXICO against Albert Mensah for [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Seems like Shafikov has dropped from junior welter to lightweight, good move I would say.
He beat Mensah up the whole fight basically and Mensah is very big and a pretty good fight himself imo. I was really suprised at how easily he handled him and was able to hurt him. Shafikov walks around at 142lbs and may fight at 135 too but he's now ranked #2 in the WBC and is guarenteed a title eliminator so i suspect he'll stay at 140 for now.
Vysotsky is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum