boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2012, 05:20 AM   #121
Natas
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 33
vCash: 500
Default Re: Prospect watch: Rocky Jerkic

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkMIElfxkCE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkMIElfxkCE[/ame]

Here you go have a **** over this one.
Natas is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2012, 07:36 AM   #122
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Prospect watch: Rocky Jerkic

sreehC
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:59 AM   #123
nomas
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 117
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Prospect watch: Rocky Jerkic

Wow Rocky's got great timing and what a finisher sky's the limit for this kid.
nomas is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:22 AM   #124
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In the heart of the Saints...
Posts: 2,309
vCash: 850
Default Re: Prospect watch: Rocky Jerkic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natas View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Here you go have a **** over this one.
Got a new alias?
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #125
fast hands
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,353
vCash: 1296
Default Re: Prospect watch: Rocky Jerkic

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect jet View Post
I know george reno plans to bring him down to jnr middle. Right now he has a quarter horse who he wants to transform in to a strong, fast stayer. If rocky keeps his head screwed on, good future lies ahead.

Good to see george in charge of a promising kid like jerkic.
Sounds like the 154lb obsession lives on at the Boxa circus.
Most posters seem to hold the opinion that Choc has been weakened by the move.
No doubt Rocky has the ability to be competitive at 154lbs. The question will be whether or not he loses some of his explosive punching power.
[also munching lettuce leaves and sipping green tea can lose it's appeal]

Comparisons can be made with a fighter like Paul Williams , to back the arguement, who as most know has had success from Welter to Middleweight.
Maybe it'll be Rocky who eventually gets a shot at Austin Trout.

Whatever happens it should be an interesting ride.
fast hands is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:35 PM   #126
fast hands
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,353
vCash: 1296
Default Re: Prospect watch: Rocky Jerkic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natas View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Here you go have a **** over this one.
Rocky seems to have had a conversion of sorts. Looks like he's imploring the 72 virgins for their support.
If he intends fighting in the States he'd be advised to go with the Papist god botherers and use the bowed head and crossed heart approach.
fast hands is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:26 PM   #127
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,443
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Prospect watch: Rocky Jerkic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast hands View Post
Sounds like the 154lb obsession lives on at the Boxa circus.
Most posters seem to hold the opinion that Choc has been weakened by the move.
No doubt Rocky has the ability to be competitive at 154lbs. The question will be whether or not he loses some of his explosive punching power.
[also munching lettuce leaves and sipping green tea can lose it's appeal]

Comparisons can be made with a fighter like Paul Williams , to back the arguement, who as most know has had success from Welter to Middleweight.
Maybe it'll be Rocky who eventually gets a shot at Austin Trout.

Whatever happens it should be an interesting ride.
He walks around at 72, 73 kgs apparently.
perfect jet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:07 AM   #128
fast hands
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,353
vCash: 1296
Default Re: Prospect watch: Rocky Jerkic

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect jet View Post
He walks around at 72, 73 kgs apparently.
I've seen him walking around at 75kg + when in keep busy training.
When he fought Stavros on debut he weighed 74kg.
Against Kanth he weighed 71.9kg which I would expect he could maintain without too much effort.
To me he looked like he didn't have an ounce of fat on him.
Rocky's profile on BoxRec lists him as 6ft tall. I believe he is closer to 6'2".
As I stated before ,no doubt he could make 154lbs, but there would have to be a very good reason to want to do it.

By comparison 5'11" middleweight Jarrod Fletcher has a much more compact build and I could picture him campaigning at 154lbs if the occasion presented itself.
fast hands is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:35 AM   #129
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,443
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Prospect watch: Rocky Jerkic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast hands View Post
I've seen him walking around at 75kg + when in keep busy training.
When he fought Stavros on debut he weighed 74kg.
Against Kanth he weighed 71.9kg which I would expect he could maintain without too much effort.
To me he looked like he didn't have an ounce of fat on him.
Rocky's profile on BoxRec lists him as 6ft tall. I believe he is closer to 6'2".
As I stated before ,no doubt he could make 154lbs, but there would have to be a very good reason to want to do it.

By comparison 5'11" middleweight Jarrod Fletcher has a much more compact build and I could picture him campaigning at 154lbs if the occasion presented itself.

Fair enough mate, just goin on what i was told.
perfect jet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #130
nomas
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 117
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Prospect watch: Rocky Jerkic

Does any one know when Rockys fighting again..
nomas is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:08 PM   #131
thejokerswild
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,694
vCash: 75
Default Re: Prospect watch: Rocky Jerkic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natas View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Here you go have a **** over this one.
Not real tentative here! Decent fighting skills.
thejokerswild is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:26 AM   #132
TheHonestTruth
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
Default Re: Prospect watch: Rocky Jerkic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast hands View Post
I've seen him walking around at 75kg + when in keep busy training.
When he fought Stavros on debut he weighed 74kg.
Against Kanth he weighed 71.9kg which I would expect he could maintain without too much effort.
To me he looked like he didn't have an ounce of fat on him.
Rocky's profile on BoxRec lists him as 6ft tall. I believe he is closer to 6'2".
As I stated before ,no doubt he could make 154lbs, but there would have to be a very good reason to want to do it.

By comparison 5'11" middleweight Jarrod Fletcher has a much more compact build and I could picture him campaigning at 154lbs if the occasion presented itself.
Funnily enough. Jarrod was one of Rockys first sparring partners when he decided he wanted to go pro. Bernie McFadden got Jarrod and another lad to come down and spar with Rocky. Jarrods intensity is unreal.
TheHonestTruth is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #133
SecretAgent82
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
Default Re: Prospect watch: Rocky Jerkic

looks like the rock has another fight lined up for the end off this month

2012-03-31 TBA Croatian Club, Punchbowl, New South Wales, Australia 6 rounds
SecretAgent82 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:54 PM   #134
fast hands
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,353
vCash: 1296
Default Re: Prospect watch: Rocky Jerkic

Noticed that it's pencilled in at Light Middle.
Looks like you're on the money Jet.
fast hands is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:08 AM   #135
nomas
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 117
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Prospect watch: Rocky Jerkic

Looks like Rocky's fighting Aswin Cabey not a bad test Cabey had a draw with Kurt Bahrem is his last fight.31st March Croation Club.
nomas is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015