bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru

vCash: 1337
Default Re: [Only Euro] Your views on Povietkin vs Huck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanatka View Post
Русский витязь рулит!
If you mean by "rule" that he had a close fight that he probably should have lost against a smaller opponent who bullied him around than yes: Русский витязь рулит!
bodhi is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2012, 05:08 AM   #17
Grecorussian
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 670

My scores for the Povetkin - Huck

10 9 close
10 9
10 9
9-10 close
10-9 close
10-9
9-10 close
10-9
9-10 close
10-9 close
10-9 close
9-10 close
-----------
116-112
Grecorussian is offline  Top
Old 02-29-2012, 05:27 AM   #18
micky
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

I've always liked Povetkin but I have to confess I scored it a draw and Huck is far from my favourite fighter.

I thought Povetkin started well but I thought Huck shook him several times and to be honest I thought if the last round was a minute longer Huck would have stopped Alexander.

Something clearly went from Povetkin over the past 2 years, not sure what has happened but he is not the same fighter and to be honest I don't think he ever will be, he still has some nice moves and throws a decent combination once in a while but he is not the fighter that burst onto our scene a few years ago.

Huck surprised me with his ability to take the shots and keep up a decent pace, how much of that was down to Povetkin just not being the fighter he was, I don't really know.

I think they will just try and hold the title as long as they can and make plenty of money from it and then perhaps cash in with a big fight against Klitschko or possibly Haye in the uk if he can get himself licensed.
micky is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-29-2012, 08:15 AM   #19
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by micky View Post
I've always liked Povetkin but I have to confess I scored it a draw and Huck is far from my favourite fighter.

I thought Povetkin started well but I thought Huck shook him several times and to be honest I thought if the last round was a minute longer Huck would have stopped Alexander.

Something clearly went from Povetkin over the past 2 years, not sure what has happened but he is not the same fighter and to be honest I don't think he ever will be, he still has some nice moves and throws a decent combination once in a while but he is not the fighter that burst onto our scene a few years ago.

Huck surprised me with his ability to take the shots and keep up a decent pace, how much of that was down to Povetkin just not being the fighter he was, I don't really know.

I think they will just try and hold the title as long as they can and make plenty of money from it and then perhaps cash in with a big fight against Klitschko or possibly Haye in the uk if he can get himself licensed.
Well the WBA rule with the Regular and Super Titles is that they have to Unify within 18 months so Povetkin only has until next February, about 1 year. So assuming Rahman mandatory, Huckic rematch then maybe a bigger fight vs Chisora, Adamek, Haye or somebody but that would involved risk and i don't know how much faith his people have in him.

That said, we talking about the WBA who had N'jikam as Interm, Golovkin regular, and Sturm Super Champion and Sturm has made something like 5 voluntary defenses and has been allowed to avoid Gennady as was N'jikam for about 2 years so who knows. Povetkin is turning 33 this year if he doesnt step up and fight a Klychko then he never will and will miss out on that payday. Giving up the WBA regular title rather than face Volodymyr in a year just like he did with his IBF Mandatory staus wouldn't suprise me either.

Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist but i think it's likely that there are some "powers that be" in Russia behind Povetkin who are helping to influence his decisions because they don't want to see a "Great Russian" get brutally destroyed by a "Little Ukrainian"
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 02-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #20
ApatheticLeader
is bringing ***y back.
East Side Guru

vCash: 187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
Well the WBA rule with the Regular and Super Titles is that they have to Unify within 18 months so Povetkin only has until next February, about 1 year. So assuming Rahman mandatory, Huckic rematch then maybe a bigger fight vs Chisora, Adamek, Haye or somebody but that would involved risk and i don't know how much faith his people have in him.

That said, we talking about the WBA who had N'jikam as Interm, Golovkin regular, and Sturm Super Champion and Sturm has made something like 5 voluntary defenses and has been allowed to avoid Gennady as was N'jikam for about 2 years so who knows. Povetkin is turning 33 this year if he doesnt step up and fight a Klychko then he never will and will miss out on that payday. Giving up the WBA regular title rather than face Volodymyr in a year just like he did with his IBF Mandatory staus wouldn't suprise me either.

Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist but i think it's likely that there are some "powers that be" in Russia behind Povetkin who are helping to influence his decisions because they don't want to see a "Great Russian" get brutally destroyed by a "Little Ukrainian"
You've done an excellent job of sounding like a conspiracy theorist.

Povetkin - what a waste. What a damn waste.
ApatheticLeader is offline  Top
Old 03-01-2012, 07:21 AM   #21
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmora View Post
First of all, this thread is only for posters from Europe. No guys from general boxing forum. If they'll post here some offensive sh*t, or do their regular trolling I swear, I'll report that to mods so many times, that they'd have to do something

So...

I think Povietkin disappointed us. As he does all the time. Maybe he has a potential, but I don't think he will ever live up to it. He's probably past his prime right now.

Still, he was clearly better. I just rewatched this fight and, although, Huck made an good visual impression, Sasha was the one who landed more often.

If you count out all of those punches to the back of the head thrown by Huck and those thrown after stop command, then you'll see what I mean. And judges don't count those shots either.

I don't think Sasha was seriously hurt during that fight. Of course, after all those dirty shots it was easier for Huck to rock him. But what also did job there was Povietkins conditioning, which was terrible. Alex was so tired during that fight that he couldn't execute his game plan.

He didn't probably do that because of one more thing. We could clearly see that Huck's fauls irritated Povietkin. He got emotional and turned this fight into a brawl instead od outboxin his opponent, what he did perfectly in first 4 rounds.

But, as I don't like Huck as a fighter, I have to give him props for leaving 100% in the ring. I was surprised that he could hang out in there with Povietkin and bother him a lot. Still he needs to quit fauling. In his every single fight he does something that makes you wonder 'Where the hell is judge?"

Your opinnions?

Good analysis, I had povetkin 2 rounds up and thought i was being generous to huck, that having said, Povetkin had aweful conditioning and clearly wasnt fit. But he won the fight hands down. Huck was brave and all but had no jab, no timing, no accuracy (partly due to Povetkin ducking his head low as soon as Hiuck tried to advance). Huck s not a heavyweight fighter, he sure could land some wins against bum oppositioin but not against top tier fighters.
Flurry is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #22
martinez
Journeyman

Iím still a believer of Povetkin! I have been his fan now for long time. Clearly you can see that there is true warrior inside him.
And you know what, IM glad that he got his ass beaten other day by unknown (for him) LHW champ. First of all he probably even didnít respect Lebedev until now - I remember watching one of his interviews, where he stated lazily how is going to put Huck down.
Well he was wrong!
And good thing is that he was proved wrong. Pov is such a lazy cat, that he probably was sitting too long time on his glory. He needs to start fighting.

Such a waste of talent otherwise!!
martinez is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum