Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 02-29-2012, 01:03 PM   #1
hoopsman
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: Re-reading "Legacy of Ashes"-- Someone has to, right Wige?
vCash: 1000
Default Albert selimov

Does anybody else on here like this kid? Fast hands, good footwork, sharp counterpunching style.

Also, can anybody tell me if he has any intentions of turning of turning pro, or will he continue to languish in that boxing gulag known, Russia??

I think he could be a champion at 126lbs.

Thoughts??
hoopsman is offline  Top
Old 03-02-2012, 01:53 AM   #2
Nosbor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Albert selimov

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsman View Post
Does anybody else on here like this kid? Fast hands, good footwork, sharp counterpunching style.

Also, can anybody tell me if he has any intentions of turning of turning pro, or will he continue to languish in that boxing gulag known, Russia??

I think he could be a champion at 126lbs.

Thoughts??
What rich Western promoter is going to give him a big pro contract? All people over here do is bitch and moan about seeing more and more Eurp based fighters so the promoters do not see them as marketable.

That "boxing gulag" of Russia produces a shitload of talent that never even get's a chance to have a fair shake in the pro ranks. Selimov is probably better off staying amateur. Too bad for him, if he were American with half the amateur pedigree he would already be a millionaire.
Nosbor is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2012, 11:10 AM   #3
hoopsman
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosbor View Post
What rich Western promoter is going to give him a big pro contract? All people over here do is bitch and moan about seeing more and more Eurp based fighters so the promoters do not see them as marketable.

That "boxing gulag" of Russia produces a shitload of talent that never even get's a chance to have a fair shake in the pro ranks. Selimov is probably better off staying amateur. Too bad for him, if he were American with half the amateur pedigree he would already be a millionaire.
Russia may produce a lot of talent, but they seldom escape and take their talent to the pro ranks-- hence my apt description that it is a boxing GULAG.
hoopsman is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2012, 03:51 PM   #4
ogii3
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I like very much Selimov since the first time i saw him. Perfect lefty with good body punching. Will be perfect for pro fighter.
Albert was DQ in the world championships first round for a body shot just below the belt... It was surpristing, but i am pretty sure he will score a quota in Turkey qualification.
ogii3 is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #5
Nosbor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Russia may produce a lot of talent, but they seldom escape and take their talent to the pro ranks-- hence my apt description that it is a boxing GULAG.
Yeah, and I clearly explained why most do not get a chance to even turn pro in my post. I swear your powers of comprehension are locked up in a "GULAG"!
Nosbor is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #6
hoopsman
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Yeah, and I clearly explained why most do not get a chance to even turn pro in my post. I swear your powers of comprehension are locked up in a "GULAG"!
**** off, asshole.

I understood precisely what you said. What? Do you think you are some kind of ****ing boxing savant because you made mention of some of the difficulties Russian boxers face in acquiring a promoter?? Or do you think you've offered something novel, here??

Selimov doesn't need to Bob Arum to sign a pro contract, ass-munch. And who the **** said he needed to sign a "big" pro contract right out of the shoot?? And, yeah, if he's a good enough he'll line up the money and titles.
hoopsman is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #7
Nosbor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
**** off, asshole.

I understood precisely what you said. What? Do you think you are some kind of ****ing boxing savant because you made mention of some of the difficulties Russian boxers face in acquiring a promoter?? Or do you think you've offered something novel, here??

Selimov doesn't need to Bob Arum to sign a pro contract, ass-munch. And who the **** said he needed to sign a "big" pro contract right out of the shoot?? And, yeah, if he's a good enough he'll line up the money and titles.
!

Random cursing and pseudo intellectual buzz words are still the order of the day in your "hood"....
Nosbor is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #8
hoopsman
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
!

Random cursing and pseudo intellectual buzz words are still the order of the day in your "hood"....
As is your pseudo cultural awareness. Hood.
hoopsman is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum