Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 03-04-2012, 11:55 AM   #1
hoopsman
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: Re-reading "Legacy of Ashes"-- Someone has to, right Wige?
vCash: 1000
Default Ukraine: Lomachenko and????

Given the remarkable performance of the Ukrainian boxing team at last Fall's World Championships, can anybody tell me the top pro prospects on that squad other than Lomachenko??

Anybody in the 140-160 range, for example??
hoopsman is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
hoopsman
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Ukraine: Lomachenko and????

Thanks for the great insights! ****suckers.
hoopsman is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #3
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999

Lomachenko - he's pretty good.
kosaros is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #4
Zacker
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 214

I was very impressed with Oleksander Usyk last year. If I were to make a p4p amateur boxer list he would be on it.
Khytrov and Berinchyk were two other favourites of mine.
Zacker is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2012, 12:11 AM   #5
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Lomachenko - 60kg. Don't need to say anything

Berinchyk 64kg - Won Silver, should have been gold. Pretty good all around boxer but usually fights in his locamotiv pressure style and overwhelmes guys with activity and power. He also can fight from both stances and tends to switch frequently when inside. Cuba's Iglesias was being called a P4P top 5 and Berinchyk beat him in the opening round. He also totally dominated and walked through Euro Silver medallist Stalker like he was nothing. In the 2011 Ukrainian Nationals he actually finished 4th but after Bohdan Shelestyuk got injured and Denis beat the #2 and 3 h2h in another tournament before worlds he ended up getting sent and certainly made the most of it. He's brutal and pure excitement.

Taras Shelestyuk 69kg - Gold. Sort of like Kotelnyk, least exciting Ukrainian but very formitable. uses a high guard but with some headmovement, very good timing and counter punching. Was able to beat Serik Sapiyev in the final who i expected to outclass Shelestyuk but he really suprised me and showed how effective he can be shutting guys down even if they're more athletic and quick.

Yevhen Khytrov 75kg - Gold. He can box, brawl, counter very versatile. Won 3 of his 5 fights by stoppage and has very heavy hands, great combination puncher very fluid they just flow from him, great punch selection and accuracy. Can box but prefers to be at mid-range and let loose with his hands while remaining pretty tight defensivly. He's good at making you miss and countering to start off his offense. His footwork isn't as naturally athletic or quick as Usyk or Lomachenko but like them he is terrific at working angles to create openings for his offense. First time you see him he may not impress you a great deal right away but the more you look the more you notice how complete and impressive this guy is. I absolutely love watching this guy.

Oleksandr Gvozdyk 81 kg - Lost to Mekhontsev, qualified for Olympics but didn't medal. 6'3 or 6'4 complete, athletic, coordinated. He can use his size and box from outside or be aggressive and pressure you, good combinations. Is fighting in the WSB for Moscow and is undefeated. Against Mekhontsev he gave a good performance but Egor was a little too much. Under the radar but a real dark horse to medal in the Olympics imo.

Oleksandr Usyk 91Kg - Gold. Usyk is almost Lomachenko level impressive with his natural athleticism and skills. Was slept on going into Worlds i think because people incorrectly thought that Belarus's Karneyeu knocked him out in a tournament before worlds, it was Artem Usyk though not Oleksandr. 6'3 sort of model's his style after Vasyl's with a peek-a-boo style but due to his height will sometimes pull back ala Vitali rather than bob and weave when facing shorter guys. Has the handspeed and combo's of a MW, tremendous with his footwork and working angles. When Artur Beterbiev moved up to HW i told everyone that it was a bad move by Russia and that Oleksandr would beat him, probably with ease, and he did. He walked through Pulev, Beterbiev, Karneyeu, and Mammadov a very, very tough line up and did it rather comfortably. Always knew he had the talent and skill, he's reached that potential now and is scary good.

Last edited by Vysotsky; 03-08-2012 at 01:08 AM.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2012, 12:23 AM   #6
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Khytrov semi vs Juratoni who is very good too. Awesome fight great finish.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACTjyyc_0O0[/ame]

Khytrov final vs Murata. Another awesome fight, dont think Khytrov can be in a boring one. Im still baffled how rd 2 was scored so close as Khytrov really puts a beating on him but Murata shows how tough he is and really comes back hard in the 3rd.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZCCjxGYAfI[/ame]

Gvozdyk vs Mekhontsev

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10py-1jTVCc&feature=related[/ame]

SF Usyk vs Karneyeu

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArsK8ao5HYA[/ame]

Usyk final vs Mammadov. Teymur is 6'5 or 6'6 and it seems to take Usyk at least half the 1st round to adjust to the height and reach advantage but in round 2 and 3 he is spectacular.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV5fRrp85Vo[/ame]

Last edited by Vysotsky; 03-08-2012 at 01:19 AM.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2012, 12:28 AM   #7
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Berinchyk really beating up European Silver medalist Stalker. Commentator calls his style mauling which is a perfect description. You can find more of his on youtube, the final vs the Brazilian is a disgrace that fag should have been DQ'd he spent more time on the canvas than David Haye.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7jXtGdQQVU[/ame]

Last edited by Vysotsky; 03-08-2012 at 01:04 AM.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2012, 08:09 AM   #8
Cafe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
Berinchyk really beating up European Silver medalist Stalker. Commentator calls his style mauling which is a perfect description. You can find more of his on youtube, the final vs the Brazilian is a disgrace that fag should have been DQ'd he spent more time on the canvas than David Haye.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
These Ukrainian amateurs are a joy to watch.
Cafe is online now  Top
Old 03-08-2012, 11:33 AM   #9
hoopsman
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Khytrov final vs Murata. Another awesome fight, dont think Khytrov can be in a boring one. Im still baffled how rd 2 was scored so close as Khytrov really puts a beating on him but Murata shows how tough he is and really comes back hard in the 3rd.

Gvozdyk vs Mekhontsev

SF Usyk vs Karneyeu

Usyk final vs Mammadov. Teymur is 6'5 or 6'6 and it seems to take Usyk at least half the 1st round to adjust to the height and reach advantage but in round 2 and 3 he is spectacular.

Thank you for the great posts and the youtube videos!

I am amazed at the quality of fighters that the Ukraine continues to produce despite the fact that boxing does not seem to be a religion there as it is in, say, Mexico.

Cheers!
hoopsman is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2012, 11:35 AM   #10
hoopsman
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Lomachenko - 60kg. Don't need to say anything

Berinchyk 64kg - Won Silver, should have been gold. Pretty good all around boxer but usually fights in his locamotiv pressure style and overwhelmes guys with activity and power. He also can fight from both stances and tends to switch frequently when inside. Cuba's Iglesias was being called a P4P top 5 and Berinchyk beat him in the opening round. He also totally dominated and walked through Euro Silver medallist Stalker like he was nothing. In the 2011 Ukrainian Nationals he actually finished 4th but after Bohdan Shelestyuk got injured and Denis beat the #2 and 3 h2h in another tournament before worlds he ended up getting sent and certainly made the most of it. He's brutal and pure excitement.

Taras Shelestyuk 69kg - Gold. Sort of like Kotelnyk, least exciting Ukrainian but very formitable. uses a high guard but with some headmovement, very good timing and counter punching. Was able to beat Serik Sapiyev in the final who i expected to outclass Shelestyuk but he really suprised me and showed how effective he can be shutting guys down even if they're more athletic and quick.

Yevhen Khytrov 75kg - Gold. He can box, brawl, counter very versatile. Won 3 of his 5 fights by stoppage and has very heavy hands, great combination puncher very fluid they just flow from him, great punch selection and accuracy. Can box but prefers to be at mid-range and let loose with his hands while remaining pretty tight defensivly. He's good at making you miss and countering to start off his offense. His footwork isn't as naturally athletic or quick as Usyk or Lomachenko but like them he is terrific at working angles to create openings for his offense. First time you see him he may not impress you a great deal right away but the more you look the more you notice how complete and impressive this guy is. I absolutely love watching this guy.

Oleksandr Gvozdyk 81 kg - Lost to Mekhontsev, qualified for Olympics but didn't medal. 6'3 or 6'4 complete, athletic, coordinated. He can use his size and box from outside or be aggressive and pressure you, good combinations. Is fighting in the WSB for Moscow and is undefeated. Against Mekhontsev he gave a good performance but Egor was a little too much. Under the radar but a real dark horse to medal in the Olympics imo.

Oleksandr Usyk 91Kg - Gold. Usyk is almost Lomachenko level impressive with his natural athleticism and skills. Was slept on going into Worlds i think because people incorrectly thought that Belarus's Karneyeu knocked him out in a tournament before worlds, it was Artem Usyk though not Oleksandr. 6'3 sort of model's his style after Vasyl's with a peek-a-boo style but due to his height will sometimes pull back ala Vitali rather than bob and weave when facing shorter guys. Has the handspeed and combo's of a MW, tremendous with his footwork and working angles. When Artur Beterbiev moved up to HW i told everyone that it was a bad move by Russia and that Oleksandr would beat him, probably with ease, and he did. He walked through Pulev, Beterbiev, Karneyeu, and Mammadov a very, very tough line up and did it rather comfortably. Always knew he had the talent and skill, he's reached that potential now and is scary good.
Dude, thanks for the great write-ups!

I now have several more Ukrainians to keep my eye on in London!

Thanks again for the information-- much appreciated!
hoopsman is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #11
hoopsman
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Oleksandr Usyk 91Kg - Gold. Usyk is almost Lomachenko level impressive with his natural athleticism and skills. .
Damn! Usyk's mannerisms remind me so much of Lomachenko!
hoopsman is offline  Top
Old 03-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #12
Nosbor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Klitschko's Phd work was on training programme's for young teens, I cannot help wonder if the Ukraine is starting to see the benefits of these methods? Their wrestlers have also impoved over the past few years. They are actually ethnic Ukrainians not guys from the Caucasus that could not make the russian squad's.
Nosbor is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2012, 12:08 AM   #13
Uncle Roger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1877

Quote:

Gvozdyk vs Mekhontsev

SF Usyk vs Karneyeu

Usyk looks phenomenal
Uncle Roger is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum