Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 03-08-2012, 03:42 AM   #1
Samurai's Slice
ESB Legend
East Side Guru

Location: Follow my blog, Boxing Legends on Facebook for the most up to date boxing news!
vCash: 163
Default Talented German Prospect Edmund Gerber will get huge test verses Maurice Harris!

On May 5th top German prospect Gerber will take on long time contender Maurice Harris. Huge fan of Gerber and I am excited to see him prove his skill.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Samurai's Slice is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2012, 03:44 AM   #2
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Talented German Prospect Edmund Gerber will get huge test verses Maurice Harris!

finally a good step up for Gerber
damian38 is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2012, 07:48 AM   #3
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Talented German Prospect Edmund Gerber will get huge test verses Maurice Harris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai's Slice View Post
On May 5th top "German" prospect Gerber will take on long time contender Maurice Harris. Huge fan of Gerber and I am excited to see him prove his skill.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Fixed
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2012, 07:52 AM   #4
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
Fixed
Where does Gerber's actually stock originate from?

Last edited by Manning; 03-08-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2012, 08:01 AM   #5
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
Where those Gerber's actually stock originate from?
He's fluent in Russian, speaks German with a Russian accent and boxrec says he was born in Kazakhstan. Don't know what his real name is.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2012, 08:35 AM   #6
Malden
East Side Guru

vCash: 284988

Gotta love Sauerlands matchmaking.
Malden is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2012, 09:15 AM   #7
avk47
King
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
He's fluent in Russian, speaks German with a Russian accent and boxrec says he was born in Kazakhstan. Don't know what his real name is.
I thought he was an ethnic German from Kazakhstan? i.e. basically he's from the post soviet space but at least in his case someone really far down the line was German, which is more that we can say for most "German" prospects.
avk47 is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #8
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by avk47 View Post
I thought he was an ethnic German from Kazakhstan? i.e. basically he's from the post soviet space but at least in his case someone really far down the line was German, which is more that we can say for most "German" prospects.
Ya i was thinking maybe his ancestors were Volga German's who emigrated in the 18th century or a situation like that. If that is the case his family would have been in Kazakhstan or Russia for 100-250 years so if Gerber is his real family name its unlikely hes a full blooded ethnic German, the name just got passed down the generations like you said.

More to the point i hope he looks impressive against Harris. I didn't realize Gerber was only 23, would be nice to see him vs a top 10 guy after this if he wins rather than jump into a title shot. Adamek, Chagaev, Boytsov, Arreola or someone like that to gain experience.

who promotes Gerber?

Last edited by Vysotsky; 03-08-2012 at 10:19 PM.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2012, 10:37 PM   #9
Samurai's Slice
ESB Legend
East Side Guru

Location: Follow my blog, Boxing Legends on Facebook for the most up to date boxing news!
vCash: 163

Gerber is with Sauerland. So maybe Pulev-Dimitrenko winner?
Samurai's Slice is offline  Top
Old 03-09-2012, 05:13 AM   #10
avk47
King
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Ya i was thinking maybe his ancestors were Volga German's who emigrated in the 18th century or a situation like that. If that is the case his family would have been in Kazakhstan or Russia for 100-250 years so if Gerber is his real family name its unlikely hes a full blooded ethnic German, the name just got passed down the generations like you said.

More to the point i hope he looks impressive against Harris. I didn't realize Gerber was only 23, would be nice to see him vs a top 10 guy after this if he wins rather than jump into a title shot. Adamek, Chagaev, Boytsov, Arreola or someone like that to gain experience.

who promotes Gerber?
BTW, are you Vysotsky after the great bard or the boxer, or is that your name?
avk47 is offline  Top
Old 03-09-2012, 06:44 PM   #11
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by avk47 View Post
BTW, are you Vysotsky after the great bard or the boxer, or is that your name?
Boxer although both are great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai's Slice View Post
Gerber is with Sauerland. So maybe Pulev-Dimitrenko winner?
Pulev is with them too. Doubtful they would matchup their 2 most promising HW's.
Vysotsky is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum