Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 03-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #1
shommel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default galento vs bob foster....

hows this fight pan out ? i believe that foster can take the fat man with the big left hook.
shommel is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2012, 02:23 PM   #2
Duodenum
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: galento vs bob foster....

Bob has nothing to hurt Galento with. Tony was only dropped by Louis, and got up to return the favor. Max Baer nearly decked him with a counter bomb of a right over the top out of the corner. However, Galento appears to have been the first heavyweight in history to get through his first 100 bouts without being floored.

This might look a lot like Frazier-Foster. Bob didn't have great punch resistance at HW, and Two Ton may well have been a bigger hitter than Smoke. In this instance, one hook from the bartender might do it. (Then, they'd go off and get drunk together.)
Duodenum is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2012, 03:24 PM   #3
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duodenum View Post
Bob has nothing to hurt Galento with. Tony was only dropped by Louis, and got up to return the favor. Max Baer nearly decked him with a counter bomb of a right over the top out of the corner. However, Galento appears to have been the first heavyweight in history to get through his first 100 bouts without being floored.

This might look a lot like Frazier-Foster. Bob didn't have great punch resistance at HW, and Two Ton may well have been a bigger hitter than Smoke. In this instance, one hook from the bartender might do it. (Then, they'd go off and get drunk together.)
You called it pretty damned accurately Mr. D
red cobra is online now  Top
Old 03-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #4
Guyfawkes
Than who was phone?!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Bob gets blown away by a big left hook, after Tony roughens him up with his mauling tactics for 3 or 4 rounds
Guyfawkes is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2012, 06:16 PM   #5
Duodenum
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyfawkes View Post
Bob gets blown away by a big left hook, after Tony roughens him up with his mauling tactics for 3 or 4 rounds
Oh Jesus! Let's give them both 50 ounce inflated gloves. By the time it's over, Tony would have Bob looking like Beetle Bailey after getting beaten up by Sergeant Snorkel. Can you imagine Toothpick Bob against Galento in one of Tony's professional wrestling performances? (With Max Baer as referee of course.) Take away the fists, and Two Ton turns him into a pretzel. (Or squashes him with a Big Splash.)
Duodenum is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2012, 09:04 PM   #6
burt bienstock
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duodenum View Post

D, I agree with all that you post,EXCEPT for your statement saying "Galento might have been the first HW to not being floored in 100 bouts."
Well in the 1930s at Stillmans Gym, Jack Dempsey who was training young Galento, was frustrated by Galento to listen to his instructions, took off his shirt, put on a pair of boxing gloves, and proceeded to flatten Galento with one devastating left hook. Lou Stillman and Ray Arcel testified that Galento was out cold...For what it's worth...
burt bienstock is online now  Top
Old 03-11-2012, 10:39 PM   #7
Duodenum
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by burt bienstock View Post
D, I agree with all that you post, EXCEPT for your statement saying "Galento might have been the first HW to not being floored in 100 bouts."
Well in the 1930s at Stillman's Gym, Jack Dempsey who was training young Galento, was frustrated by Galento to listen to his instructions, took off his shirt, put on a pair of boxing gloves, and proceeded to flatten Galento with one devastating left hook. Lou Stillman and Ray Arcel testified that Galento was out cold...For what it's worth...
Touche, Burt! A story I discussed here myself before you came on board. "That's how you throw a left hook Tony. Now, go get yourself a manager!" I should have specified, "in competition."

But you know, there's always been this myth that LHWs can't compete against the big boys, and I specifically hold Bob Foster responsible for this. Toney, RJJ, Michael Spinks, Moorer, John Henry Lewis, Rosenbloom, Moore, Maxim, Harold Johnson, Pastrano, and virtually all other greats at 175 who ventured into the heavyweight ranks were all able to produce quality wins over quality HW opposition (or at least respectable showings), with the sole exception of Bob Foster.
Duodenum is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum