Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 03-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #16
pat19
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 720
Default Re: Anyone know about Polish heavy Artur Szpilka?

I always expect for Artur to get into a fight whenever meeting another boxer haha
pat19 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2012, 03:54 PM   #17
Angol
Francisco Scaramanga
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

haha same, you could tell by the way he was looking at chisora that he was looking for something

i think he openly came out and said that he would like to fight chisora, in a 3 fight series or something?
Angol is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2012, 04:21 PM   #18
pat19
Contender
ESB Senior Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAnZz920oxQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAnZz920oxQ[/ame]

Not sure if you Polish, but this is Artur basically talking about Chisora and how he'd like to eventually fight him one day. It'd be fun.
pat19 is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2012, 04:39 PM   #19
Angol
Francisco Scaramanga
ESB Full Member

ah, nice one mate. i understand a bit, but not as much as i would like to i heard about this interview though. id like to see artur get this fight, but im not sure chisora would take it for now, i guess hes a bit preoccupied with the whole haye/vitali thing...

but if chisora were to lose to say haye (with the winner to face vitali), then i could see chisora vs artur happening, seems to make sense to both fighters...
Angol is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #20
pat19
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Chisora vs Szpilka is far from happening since Chisora is onto the biggest HW fights right now and Szpilka has to still prove himself. But, Szpilka's main message is that he wants to get the big fights just like Chisora did in his career. Chisora only had about 15 fights on the record when he started fighting big names, and he already fought Vitali without even 20 wins! Szpilka wants that too, but I hope he doesn't lose as many times as Chisora does... Too soon I guess
pat19 is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #21
Angol
Francisco Scaramanga
ESB Full Member

im not sure if chisora vs artur is that far off, should chisora lose to haye (should they fight), or lose to vitali (in a rematch i doubt he'll get) again. chisora would need to restablish himself, and i doubt any of the other ring top 10 would fancy taking him on (some of them seem a tad reluctant at times, imo).

youre right about artur wanting the big fights, and i agree that it may be too soon for him to fight too big too soon. it would be a shame for him to waste his talent before it properly develops.

but it reminds of david price, the english heavyweight. who said something about how he didnt want to be just another victim for the k's, and had his own career to think about (in terms of saying that he wasnt ready for them just now, but would need 18 months or so to get ready).

both approaches seem a tad hasty, somewhere in the middle ground seems to be the right way to go about it imo ofc
Angol is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2012, 10:49 AM   #22
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

Both fighters' notoriety and solid followings will make this fight happen sooner than people realize.I'd say this fight happens by the end of this year or early 2013, assuming Artur goes through the hoops and beats just one name opponent on the decline. Szpilka's manager is keen on progressing Artur quickly and there just aren't too many money fights out there for Chisora (outside of facing Wlad or Haye)
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2012, 11:08 AM   #23
Angol
Francisco Scaramanga
ESB Full Member

id like to see szpilka get some more fights under his belt before taking on chisora. but i agree that this fight could happen sooner rather than later; once the whole haye chisora thing has blown over, of course.
Angol is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2012, 11:21 AM   #24
Uncle Roger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1877

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzolnier View Post
Both fighters' notoriety and solid followings will make this fight happen sooner than people realize.I'd say this fight happens by the end of this year or early 2013, assuming Artur goes through the hoops and beats just one name opponent on the decline. Szpilka's manager is keen on progressing Artur quickly and there just aren't too many money fights out there for Chisora (outside of facing Wlad or Haye)
Szpilka hasnt even fought an 8 rounder yet

a chisora fight is 2-3 years away
Uncle Roger is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2012, 09:54 PM   #25
kostya by ko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Roger View Post
Szpilka hasnt even fought an 8 rounder yet

a chisora fight is 2-3 years away
This makes complete sense. He should getting walking down pat before starting to run.
kostya by ko is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #26
pat19
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Definitely not this year, Chisora is probably only going to fight 1 more time this year if he even does fight. He's not looking to sign fights right now, he's got a ban to worry about right now. Szpilka is not going to face someone of Chisora's caliber yet considering what uncle roger said, he hasn't even done an 8 rounder yet.
pat19 is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2012, 05:19 PM   #27
Uncle Roger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1877

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat19 View Post
Definitely not this year, Chisora is probably only going to fight 1 more time this year if he even does fight. He's not looking to sign fights right now, he's got a ban to worry about right now. Szpilka is not going to face someone of Chisora's caliber yet considering what uncle roger said, he hasn't even done an 8 rounder yet.
Chisora got his boxing license taken away and all organizations have banned him.
Its seems like we will never see this matchup.

However, Szpilka seems to be moving along nicely, and he is different than all the other euro fighters. I actually enjoy watching him (unlike many other HW's) because of his interesting style. However he needs to box more, and not look for a KO all the time. Some of the shit he did against saulsberry was ****ing stupid.

The HW division needs a guy like this not another 1-2 spamming robot like Dimitrenko
Uncle Roger is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2012, 10:09 AM   #28
funkykoval
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Szpilka is sparring with Gbenga Oloukun the guy who beat Lamon Brewster

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

he said he is satisfy with this sparing partner due to his power and dedication to fight
funkykoval is offline  Top
Old 03-16-2012, 01:46 PM   #29
funkykoval
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8Okqh1dVyk[/ame]
funkykoval is offline  Top
Old 03-16-2012, 09:47 PM   #30
Nosbor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

The guy is a punk and a KO waiting to happen.

I normally support the Hell out of Slavic fighters...

Him and Chisora would have been interesting on one note; To see who got stabbed first!
Nosbor is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum