Old 02-10-2008, 07:39 AM   #46
11player
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: former heaveyweight world champ harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt2006
Greenberg is very poor and even a timid Audley beats him easily. Bidenko has more to his game than Greenberg although he does not appear to be anything beyond Euro level.
Yep, Sprott was supposed to be an easy night for Audley, just to stay active, and look what happened. I'd not take Audley over these two so fast.

Anyway, Audley has to take the high road to earn his respect back and get into the mix, so these are good names.

It's not a situation where he will be back at full speed instantly, he needs to take his time.

Like I've said before, he should fight 3 or 4 times this year, that would be ideal to put him in the right situation for the big fights at the beggining of 2009. If he tries to move quickly to a big fight, a major title fight, he will probably just lose another one, possibly by KO again.
11player is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2008, 07:44 AM   #47
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11player
Yep, Sprott was supposed to be an easy night for Audley and look what happened. I'd not take Audley over these two so fast.

Anyway, Audley has to take the high road to get back into the mix and these are good names. Like I've said before, he should fight 3 or 4 times this year.
Suppose so, he has to build himself up if he wants to get back in the frame. I am sure he could handle Greenberg easily.

I wonder how motivated he is. He must be running out of the BBC money by now.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2008, 07:57 AM   #48
11player
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Agreed Kurt. I too think a focused, well trained and determined Audley makes easy work of Greenberg, but his motivation is a big question mark.

If his mind is into it and with his combination of size and power, I still think Audley is a top 10 talent in the division. Top 5 if he improves his defensive skills.
11player is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2008, 08:17 AM   #49
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11player
Agreed Kurt. I too think a focused, well trained and determined Audley makes easy work of Greenberg, but his motivation is a big question mark.

If his mind is into it and with his combination of size and power, I still think Audley is a top 10 talent in the division. Top 5 if he improves his defensive skills.
For such a big man he has a very poor jab. He could dominate opponnents and control fights using a good jab. Maybe he should do what Andries did and move himself over to the Kronk and improve his game.

Last edited by abc; 02-07-2007 at 04:54 AM.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2008, 08:20 AM   #50
11player
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt2006
For such a big man he has a very poor jab. He could dominate opponnents and control fights using a good jab. Maybe he should do what Andries did and move himself over to the Kronk and improve his game.
We are back at the same page here Kurt, he does have a poor jab for a big and extremelly long fighter. Boxrec has his wingspan at a freaking 86", the guy is a condor. It is considerably longer than Wlad's, Vitali's, Thompson's, Brigg's, Dimitrenko's and even Tye Field's and Valuev's, who are all long, tall HWs. He also surpasses the great Lennox Lewis on that matter.

With a reach like that he should be able to control the fight at the end of his jab, similar to what Lennox used to do and Wlad does today.

Maybe the time he spent with Lennox was enough to adress and improve this skill of his.
11player is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum