Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Which fighter should have had a re-match with Johnson while Johnson was champ?
GunBoat Smith 8 80.00%
Jack O'brien 5 50.00%
Jim Battling Johnson 3 30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-2012, 06:13 PM   #46
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Which of the following fighters who fought Johnson while Johnson was champion des

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcvey View Post
Still having trouble with words over 3 letters? Keep plugging away.
If I wish, I can use a spell check. You make plenty of errors yourself. Now, did you find the third fight Jack Johnson quit in? Hint hint, its not in Box Rec.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2012, 05:32 AM   #47
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

Default Re: Which of the following fighters who fought Johnson while Johnson was champion des

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza View Post
If I wish, I can use a spell check. You make plenty of errors yourself. Now, did you find the third fight Jack Johnson quit in? Hint hint, its not in Box Rec.
I invite you for the hundredth time to post them.
I would overlook your atrocious spelling if you were not so quick to accuse me of illiteracy.
Do you really think the Gunboat Smith ,who was out boxed , and floored for 13 seconds by a 20 years old ,170lbs Carpentier,and badly hurt by right uppercuts[Johnson's best punch,] several times [,see Senya's post ,]would beat Jack Johnson? You are referring to a fight that was first written about in the Boxing Illustrated I have it in a cabinet somewhere ,I can't be bothered to search for it because I am only conversing with a fool.

The guy who claimed he beat Johnson, also claimed he fought middleweight king Al McCoy, he is not on McCoy's resume either.
Let us assume the fight with Johnson took place.

Johnson was in his 60's, when the fight allegedly happened, it was supposedly held in the back of a bar .

Do you think this is significant in any way?

Guys name ? Walter Price.

You really have to up your game Rainman.

You poor ,sad, bigoted ,moron.
mcvey is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2012, 06:11 AM   #48
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcvey View Post

I invite you for the hundredth time to post them.

The guy who claimed he beat Johnson, also claimed he fought middleweight king Al McCoy, he is not on McCoy's resume either.
Let us assume the fight with Johnson took place.

Guys name ? Walter Price.
McVey,

I see you are still struggling. Ok—since you invited me to post the names of the fighters Jack Johnson quit against, I will oblige your sorry self. Since you caught on to Walter Price, I won't use that quit job. Johnson quit in the following matches:

Bill Hartwell

Bob Lawson

Klondike

That's three, or if you perfer to use your own data four! Up my game you say? You have none. You post videos and pictures, not even realizing if the boxers named were actors, and often clutch at goggled fight reports that suit your agenda. I suggest you stick to racist threads of the time that the nation of Islam would approve.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2012, 06:46 AM   #49
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
McVey,

I see you are still struggling. Ok—since you invited me to post the names of the fighters Jack Johnson quit against, I will oblige your sorry self. Since you caught on to Walter Price, I won't use that quit job. Johnson quit in the following matches:

Bill Hartwell

Bob Lawson

Klondike

That's three, or if you perfer to use your own data four! Up my game you say? You have none. You post videos and pictures, not even realizing if the boxers named were actors, and often clutch at goggled fight reports that suit your agenda. I suggest you stick to racist threads of the time that the nation of Islam would approve.

You have posted this about 20 times ,why I don't know?

I invited you to post my mistakes you illiterate retard .

I already know whom Johnson retired against.

In the very first sentence of the thread I posted that has audio of Jim Jeffries, [the sole reason I posted it,] I clearly typed that it was a re-enactment by actors.

Here is my original post.

"Jim Jeffries voice talks us through the ko of Fitz,whilst actors ,go through the motions . There was a re-enactment filmed with the original participants,[Jeff & Fitz ,]but it has not surfaced for years"

How ****ing thick are you?

Everyone else grasped it except you, no surprise there.

I knew about Walter Price over 20 years ago, when you were still in the Hitler Youth, it was a B. I. article .

For your information ,Johnson did not quit against Klondike, I posted a ringside report by George Siler on the fight.

For your further information, Johnson was 48 years old when he retired between the 7th and 8th rds against Bob Lawson.

Just 28 days previously, Johnson had gone 15 rds to win a decision against 6'3" 225lbs Pat Lester.

Johnson was 50 years old when he retired between the 6th and 7th rounds against Bill Hartwell, Johnson had broken his hand in the 2nd round.
Do you think this is significant in some way?????

PERFER, GOGGLED, ??? Experimental dialogue perhaps ?

Question , how old was Vitali Klitschko, when he quit against Chris Byrd???

Answer 28 !

Last edited by mcvey; 03-14-2012 at 07:07 AM.
mcvey is offline  Top
Old 03-16-2012, 05:44 AM   #50
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Mcvey,

You must be one say individual. You continue to make excuses, yet you cannot change history. Johnson quit in four matches without an injury, and one of them which you conveniently forgot to mention ( Klondike ) happened when he was in his 20's for a title match in round five!

In other fights Johnson fouled by going low, and hit on the breaks. In the Hart fight, Johnson basically shut down the second half of the fight, throwing just one punch in one of the later rounds. Essentially he opted out of the action.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 03-16-2012, 06:59 AM   #51
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Mcvey,

You must be one say individual. You continue to make excuses, yet you cannot change history. Johnson quit in four matches without an injury, and one of them which you conveniently forgot to mention ( Klondike ) happened when he was in his 20's for a title match in round five!

In other fights Johnson fouled by going low, and hit on the breaks. In the Hart fight, Johnson basically shut down the second half of the fight, throwing just one punch in one of the later rounds. Essentially he opted out of the action.
You're like a dog with a bone aren't you?

No matter how many times I rip you to bits, you keep coming back.

I point out your lies and inaccuracies, and you just ignore them, its eerie how you feel no embarrassment about being repeatedly exposed .

You can't read properly, you cannot write a sentence,[ your opening sentence has six words in it ,one of which is wrong, how pathetic is that?]

And you certainly cannot spell, why don't you spend some of the time you waste on here, learning the basics of the language you try to speak?

Any one who has more than a cursory interest in Jack Johnson can easily find the facts of his ring resume ,and the fact that at 48, and 50 he retired in matches .

What exactly is the point you are trying to make?

Johnson had around 80 fights and was dsq'd ONCE.

Ringside reports state it was a controversial low blow in the second round of a fight he was dominating .

See below.

"JOHNSON BEATS JEANETTE
Negro Champion, However, Was Disqualified on an Alleged Foul
11/25/05-PHILADELPHIA LEDGER
After outclassing Joe Jeanette for a round and a half, Jack Johnson, The
Negro Heavyweight Champion of the World, lost the bout at the National
Athletic Club [Phila.] last night on an alleged foul.
Jeanette, after being thumped in lively fashion in the first round, assumed
a crouching pose in the secondround. He undertook to run in and clinch,
ducking a vicious right hand swing. Johnson ripped a right hand hook up for Jeanette's jaw. The latter dropped to the floor,writhing in apparent agony.
He claimed to have been struck a foul blow.
He was removed to the dressing room and the club physician substantiated
his claim. Johnson was promtly disqualified. Jeanettte professed to be in
great pain and lay in his dressing room in apparent agony. It is understood
that the police proposed to keep Johnson , Jeanette and
the club official under surveillance"

IT'S ALL BEEN POSTED SEVERAL TIMES, AS HAS SILER'S ACCOUNT OF THE KLONDIKE FIGHT.

We've all derived a certain amount of amusement from your spelling howlers, all the while dismissing your hate posts.
Now you are beginning to pall, and bore.

You are in serious need of new material.

Last edited by mcvey; 03-16-2012 at 07:47 AM.
mcvey is offline  Top
Old 03-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #52
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

By saying johnson "opted out of the action" I wonder if foundations are being laid to suggest he quit against hart also?

Honestly though, johnson have been knocked out cold in the first minute of every fight above the age of 40 and it wouldn't really change my perception of him.

Shit that late into a career is irrelevant.

The jeannette dq against johnson is essentially the same as the sharkey dq against fitz. Can be treated as a ko.

The klondike and choynski losses are bad which is why it seems to signify a pre-prime johnson.

His prime should have been from 03-13 but he wasted the last couple of years after battering jeffries.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 03-16-2012, 10:59 PM   #53
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
By saying johnson "opted out of the action" I wonder if foundations are being laid to suggest he quit against hart also?

Honestly though, johnson have been knocked out cold in the first minute of every fight above the age of 40 and it wouldn't really change my perception of him.

Shit that late into a career is irrelevant.

The jeannette dq against johnson is essentially the same as the sharkey dq against fitz. Can be treated as a ko.

The klondike and choynski losses are bad which is why it seems to signify a pre-prime johnson.

His prime should have been from 03-13 but he wasted the last couple of years after battering jeffries.

I posted the report of the Klondike fight, George Siler , the famous referee was present at it ,he said Johnson was half starved.
A year after losing to Klondike, Johnson only scaled 168lbs for a fight with Jack McCormick.
Ten months after that he was stopped by Choynski, so definitley pre - prime.

Twenty months after losing to Choynski in 1901 Johnson still only scaled 185lbs when he fought George Gardner.

I agree about Johnson's prime he wasted much of it , but the circumstances he found himself in were unique .

It should be remembered that Johnson was 30 before he even got a chance at the title.
mcvey is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum